Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Good question

To me, Parker's only limitations are speed, lateral mobility and evasiveness as an outside back. He's like a lock playing in the centres. Big, tough, straight runner, good defender close in, gives 100%. Just not quick or mobile enough to be much better than an average centre, but .... here I go again... I suspect better than average in speed and mobility to make a pretty decent back rower. No, not one for the heavy big forwards there for grunt middle of the ruck drives, more a loose forward. I'll be howled down for this but Menzies seemed a little lost when they put him out in the centres. Did it adequately, and did 5/8 OK, but nothing special. As a back rower, a different player. Menzies weighed 98 kgs and was 1.9 mts tall. Parker 100 kgs and 1.93 mts tall. Yes I know, he's no Menzies, but then....Hmmm. Just maybe he could have been.

Actually that season 21 i st final against the Storm and getting toweled up by Olam is more of a downside instance of his sometimes patchy , sometimes quite competitive lot of games in Manly i st grade
Hard to say what the problem was that night , bounced back the next week so still showed that he had some good degree of resilience . Natural tendency was to have a decent crack and overall , can be reasonably pleased with his Manly efforts
Did have a quite good combo with Saab at one stage . No doubt would have played some Union in his younger days , should be able to make a fairly straight forward transition but just never know from numerous previous examples how successful some crossovers go .
Looks like not in that much demand from other N R L clubs , always would have thought E S L but good luck to him in whatever future path he chooses .Not really a cult type figure but sort of just bordering on it

To me, Parker's only limitations are speed, lateral mobility and evasiveness as an outside back. He's like a lock playing in the centres. Big, tough, straight runner, good defender close in, gives 100%. Just not quick or mobile enough to be much better than an average centre, but .... here I go again... I suspect better than average in speed and mobility to make a pretty decent back rower. No, not one for the heavy big forwards there for grunt middle of the ruck drives, more a loose forward. I'll be howled down for this but Menzies seemed a little lost when they put him out in the centres. Did it adequately, and did 5/8 OK, but nothing special. As a back rower, a different player. Menzies weighed 98 kgs and was 1.9 mts tall. Parker 100 kgs and 1.93 mts tall. Yes I know, he's no Menzies, but then....Hmmm. Just maybe he could have been.
You have a great imagination, I'll give you that! :)

Parker actually has real good leg drive and a good initial type bursting running style
, Loses a bit after that but also continue to think that he would go quite well on an edge , not to mention his usually reliable and solid defensive reads
Runs those good lines and every chance of being a real handful hitting holes on an edge
Would not have to take those tough carries from a centre position to preserve his body and attacking effectiveness a bit also
Still go along with Tippytoes being considered on an edge as well and with the signing of Paulo from the Roosters , Still many or continuing instances of former centres converting to the forwards and doing quite well . Tippytoes would have to improve his defense there a bit but also a good, bustling type running style would give him every chance of doing well on an edge as well .
You suggested that Beaver once played some 5 / 8 , just can not recall it

Keep Talau as depth only please (or try and get out of his contract). May as well cull the rest. Next season:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
That should be as competitive a back line as any going around .
Just have to find a more suited 13 , Well somehow .

You have a great imagination, I'll give you that! :)

Some say I have an excellent imagination. A dreamer. I was the kid who sat looking out the window at school, imagining. My favourite subject since I was 12 is astronomy, looking to the stars. The James Webb telescope was the biggest thrill I've had in years (boring aye?) So yes I guess you're right. I suppose that's why I see things beyond what is considered unassailable. Unless you do it, you don't know what's possible, dont you think?.

Parker actually has real good leg drive and a good initial type bursting running style
, Loses a bit after that but also continue to think that he would go quite well on an edge , not to mention his usually reliable and solid defensive reads
Runs those good lines and every chance of being a real handful hitting holes on an edge
Would not have to take those tough carries from a centre position to preserve his body and attacking effectiveness a bit also
Still go along with Tippytoes being considered on an edge as well and with the signing of Paulo from the Roosters , Still many or continuing instances of former centres converting to the forwards and doing quite well . Tippytoes would have to improve his defense there a bit but also a good, bustling type running style would give him every chance of doing well on an edge as well .
You suggested that Beaver once played some 5 / 8 , just can not recall it

Very briefly was Beaver at 5/8. He's even noted on Wikipedia as forward, centre and ...wait for it...five eighth. I recall it but cant tell you when. Certainly played centre a few times. Did OK but no where near as effective as a roving backrower. I can see Parker in a similar role. Burbo also. Manly needs a couple of fleet footed, strong defending back rowers in the Menzies, Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Danny Gartner, Kosef, Mal Reilly even Hasler style. Too many big, less mobile forwards at present. They're excellent in the centre but Manly needs some extra penetration out wide. Oh for a Coote-McCarthy combination. Maybe olde world, but still effective.

Some say I have an excellent imagination. A dreamer. I was the kid who sat looking out the window at school, imagining. My favourite subject since I was 12 is astronomy, looking to the stars. The James Webb telescope was the biggest thrill I've had in years (boring aye?) So yes I guess you're right. I suppose that's why I see things beyond what is considered unassailable. Unless you do it, you don't know what's possible, dont you think?.

You can dream with me in this space thread!

Manly needs a couple of fleet footed, strong defending back rowers in the Menzies, Watmough, Glenn Stewart, Danny Gartner, Kosef, Mal Reilly even Hasler style. Too many big, less mobile forwards at present.
They're both tied up at their respective clubs, but I would kill for a Liam Martin or Reuben Cotter style of forward to add some variety to the Manly pack. Burbo is shaping up well but can't stop getting injured. One might almost think it's a family trait…

You can dream with me in this space thread!

Ah Global. I've been an astronomy junkie since I was 12. Still get subscription magazine 'Astronomy' from the States. Been getting it since the late 70s. Wanted to be an astronomer as a teenager but didn't have the marks in physics. Now I love the subject. During my mid teens a teacher asked us to speak for 3 minutes on any subject. I spoke for 15 minutes on the Solar System. Got top marks but I could see the teacher and other students had no idea what I was talking about. Like I said, hopeless star junkie. Do you think I have a problem?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8