Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Yeah I think we should probably can this thread

Harper did some good things in 2021 so that already rules him out as worst manly player ever.

Then he occasionally does some good things. And further, he was shocking in defence for most of his games but they were all next to dce and olakautau. He seems a lot more competent on his current edge, which communicates better

Think we are really seeing the confidence return to Harper. That incising run he made was outstanding, right up the guts, too. Tonight's performance was a lot like his first year with us, showing us so much promise and potential.
Ive been obsessed with the idea of confidence in rugby league lately. It’s the most important part of the sport imo. It really becomes a simple game when players are confident and energetic

Think we are really seeing the confidence return to Harper. That incising run he made was outstanding, right up the guts, too. Tonight's performance was a lot like his first year with us, showing us so much promise and potential.
I love watching him in the background when we score tries, he absolutely loves the club

He will never be a world beater, the final against the Storm and that Talakai horror show have to have effected him mentally, but before all that he was a pretty reliable defender with the ability to put Saab away

All going well not a first choice player, but great around the squad and capable of filling the hole when required is what we need from him in the squad

He aimed up tonight
Like the way he’s been in the past with us
Definitely had some shockers too but I reckon he’s pretty bloody good when he’s on..let’s hope that did him some confidence and he has more great games rather than ****ty ones

Hes definitely improved, it clearly is a confidence thing, just wish he had another yard of pace. Walsh torched him on the outside for the Warriors first try, Harper knocked him down but couldnt stay with him.

I'll always give credit when its due, hes been solid these past 3 weeks, even against the Storm.

Still not in our best 17 though.

I love watching him in the background when we score tries, he absolutely loves the club

He will never be a world beater, the final against the Storm and that Talakai horror show have to have effected him mentally, but before all that he was a pretty reliable defender with the ability to put Saab away

All going well not a first choice player, but great around the squad and capable of filling the hole when required is what we need from him in the squad

Interesting. What do you think our top 2-5 are?

2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Tuipulotu
5. Garrick

???

Interesting. What do you think our top 2-5 are?

2. Saab
3. Koula
4. Tuipulotu
5. Garrick

???

Hmmmm tough mate, depends on the makeup of the side fitness wise

Can’t believe I’m even going to say this, but maybe

2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Tuipolotu

For some context, at the end of round 4 last season I had Garrick and Parker down to never play first grade at Manly again

The reason I go Parker, is that if Schuster is in the 6, and has Tom running off his shoulder, Parker’s ability to run a very hard line cutting back is as good as anyone in the NRL, and demands respect from defenders opening up some more space outside, and if the defenders 2nd guess themselves Schuster has the subtle hands to hit him entering a hole. I’ve doubted the big red buggers skill but can’t doubt his ticker

No. But his low tackling technique is poor.

Yeah, it was unfortunate he slipped off that one tackle tonight, mate. He just needed a hand on Walsh, because most of the work was already done by him. But credit where it's due - how good was that try saving tackle in goal?

Hmmmm tough mate, depends on the makeup of the side fitness wise

Can’t believe I’m even going to say this, but maybe

2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Koula
5. Tuipolotu

For some context, at the end of round 4 last season I had Garrick and Parker down to never play first grade at Manly again

The reason I go Parker, is that if Schuster is in the 6, and has Tom running off his shoulder, Parker’s ability to run a very hard line cutting back is as good as anyone in the NRL, and demands respect from defenders opening up some more space outside, and if the defenders 2nd guess themselves Schuster has the subtle hands to hit him entering a hole. I’ve doubted the big red buggers skill but can’t doubt his ticker

Definitely makes sense mate, particularly when we are close to the opposition tryline. Parker is a machine in defense too. I know people are against him (particularly in defense), but I do think Saab is a godsend to us. He's actually one of my favorites. That blistering speed out wide man, it's salivating.

Can see your point though.

Yeah, it was unfortunate he slipped off that one tackle tonight, mate. He just needed a hand on Walsh, because most of the work was already done by him. But credit where it's due - how good was that try saving tackle in goal?
I agree Ryan his performance was good tonight.

Not the worst player ever. Better game tonight with some good tackles. He still missed a tackle that led to a try. Really should play for Blacktown and give someone else a crack..but Des needs to grow a pair for that to happen

Definitely makes sense mate, particularly when we are close to the opposition tryline. Parker is a machine in defense too. I know people are against him (particularly in defense), but I do think Saab is a godsend to us. He's actually one of my favorites. That blistering speed out wide man, it's salivating.

Can see your point though.

Yeah I love what Saab can offer too and it’s a tough one, nothing better than seeing him in full flight. Just on form at the moment I can’t go past Tuipulotu between the 2 of them, and not sure how Tui would go in the centre’s. Haven’t even mentioned Ben T yet in the centre discussion

Yeah I love what Saab can offer too and it’s a tough one, nothing better than seeing him in full flight. Just on form at the moment I can’t go past Tuipulotu between the 2 of them, and not sure how Tui would go in the centre’s. Haven’t even mentioned Ben T yet in the centre discussion

I really think Tuipulotu is a newer and improved Jesse Ramien (honestly) - kid could be anything. And it looks easy for him (like he's never out of his element).

With Burbo, I think he's either one of two things, a slowish centre with great defense, or a mobile fast backrower with great defense. I really hope that's where his future lays.

The ridiculous question in the title is now put to bed isn’t it ?
Thank you for addressing this. Credit where credit's due and Harper deserves some after tonight. Although he missed Walsh that led to a try, his defence and 100+ metres were back to the 'old' Harper. The try saver on Murchie was awesome.

Interesting when Des was asked about his improvement since the Sharks game, he attributed the turnaround to the encouragement of the other players and the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12