Morgan Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Got plenty of wraps for Harper , promising form in his initial games for Manly mid last season or so but seemed to drop off a bit towards the end . Must have really put in a really solid off season preparation and recall that he was rated i st pick centre late pre season even though he played full back in the only trial . Once given the opportunity as a starting centre after the early rounds , just hasn 't looked back . Deceptively strong and quick , rugged and reliable defender , good team player , big contributor to the side doing well this year . No doubt could be a handy stop gap full back but too important to move from the centres now . Real asset for the side now without a doubt .

I like him and Olakau-atu giving it to the opposition aswell. We need a bit of mongrel and theu definitely bring it. Add Keppie to that aswell! They are the sort of guys you love to play next to!
They balance it out with good sportsmanship too - I've seen Harper helping opposition players up after he's tackled them over the dead ball line on several occasions & seems to only give the opposition grief in retaliation rather than starting it up.

I'm yelling you all...

this be the perfect Morgan illustration...argh! (pirate argh)

I think he's awesome and his efforts are A++

Got plenty of wraps for Harper , promising form in his initial games for Manly mid last season or so but seemed to drop off a bit towards the end . Must have really put in a really solid off season preparation and recall that he was rated i st pick centre late pre season even though he played full back in the only trial . Once given the opportunity as a starting centre after the early rounds , just hasn 't looked back . Deceptively strong and quick , rugged and reliable defender , good team player , big contributor to the side doing well this year . No doubt could be a handy stop gap full back but too important to move from the centres now . Real asset for the side now without a doubt .
Des had the choice of Harper a very reliable defender and link man or Suli when on his game, a big attacking weapon. No prizes on what Des wanted.

Interesting thought in this thread that he could be our back up fullback? Played there in trial at start of year when the Tigers did their victory lap of leichardt oval.

Apart from the obvious (Tom T) I think he has been the shining light in our season for one simple reason; attitude. Everything that is happening with this side is embodied in the way he approaches the game...he's a competitor and I have not seen a single involvement from him this year that didn't have effort written all over it. That's been the difference. Sure, there's talent in the squad and Foran is helping DCE, etc. but all that comes to nothing without the right attitude and it started with the likes of Harper working his backside off to get a spot and keep it. He leads kick chases and he just never gives up on anything. I love him!

He's a find isn't he!

He seems like he is having a ball on the field and is full of spirit - weirdly, when they interview him he seems a bit flat, almost angry at times - maybe stern is a better word for it? Not sure what to make of that - but my initial thought is its a positive:

(a) He doesn't trust the media and want to open up to them too much, which shows he is smart
(b) He doesn't want to get carried away with what must be a super-exciting ride for him, which shows he is measured and mature
(c) He saves his energy for the field and not for pandering up to the media, which shows where his commitment lies (ie to the team), and that he doesn't want to give anything away (which is a nice contrast to other attention-hunting types in the NRL)

Put simply, I think he gives the Team the best part of himself, and that is the sheer definition of a clubman - that's my take on it, and i'm super happy he is playing for us.

Des had the choice of Harper a very reliable defender and link man or Suli when on his game, a big attacking weapon. No prizes on what Des wanted.
Harper and Suli are my i st choice centres but so be it with the current line up and can only hope that Des and co have mage the right choice . Good chance with Harper in most games to make things happen and boost the side , same with Suli but again that of course is just my take .

Interesting thought in this thread that he could be our back up fullback? Played there in trial at start of year when the Tigers did their victory lap of leichardt oval.
I have suggested 3 times he may fit the role and the only comments I received were negative. Go figure.

He's a find isn't he!

He seems like he is having a ball on the field and is full of spirit - weirdly, when they interview him he seems a bit flat, almost angry at times - maybe stern is a better word for it? Not sure what to make of that - but my initial thought is its a positive:

(a) He doesn't trust the media and want to open up to them too much, which shows he is smart
(b) He doesn't want to get carried away with what must be a super-exciting ride for him, which shows he is measured and mature
(c) He saves his energy for the field and not for pandering up to the media, which shows where his commitment lies (ie to the team), and that he doesn't want to give anything away (which is a nice contrast to other attention-hunting types in the NRL)

Put simply, I think he gives the Team the best part of himself, and that is the sheer definition of a clubman - that's my take on it, and i'm super happy he is playing for us.
I think his young daughter had him on the ropes a cpl times. He was struggling there for a while.

I thought Walker was good except that his presence takes a LOT of clean ball away from Shoo. I hope that Des's plan for the finals is to address that. I don't like Shoo essentially just doing the tackling of a 13.
There were times where he did seem to complicate things. I too hope the coaching team iron out those kinks.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8