Morgan Harper the man.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has a good go and he forced that error but he is depth at best. It's a shame because he tries hard and isn't ever lazy. Just lacks speed and playing centre you cant be off the pace

I like him and I hope they keep him. He is a better player than many here will give him credit for.

We might not have won on Sunday but for his involvement at crucial moments.

This weekend will see him play his 50th FG for Manly (52 overall), so he is still on the incline in terms of gaining experience and reaching his full potential.

I like him and I hope they keep him. He is a better player than many here will give him credit for.

We might not have won on Sunday but for his involvement at crucial moments.

This weekend will see him play his 50th FG for Manly (52 overall), so he is still on the incline in terms of gaining experience and reaching his full potential.
Bloke just needs some better coaching I can see. I was a bagger but not many centres come out of the line and belt a 120kg prop to get ball on turnover.
His involvements are very good, Saab is very good for him

Was going to say this.. Harper seems to be much more confident/ performing better with Saab next to him
Opposition teams can't give Saab an inch of room, so naturally defences may over-read the play, giving Harper a little more opportunity. Whilst he tries his guts out (which was why Des loved him), I have to disagree with the recent sentiment on here. Imo, he's just not good enough. And it's purely because he lacks the physical frame whilst also being incredibly slow. Surely, you need at least one of these to threaten at NRL level. Will always be a massive weakness in our team, despite the occasionally brave performance

At 24 YO Morgan could still have a good career in the NRL.
Needs to get a bit better on both sides of the ball but he is not that far off.
As I mentioned, he’s just passed 50 NRL games. By that stage you should have a good indication whether he has another 50+ games in him, plus whether he is still on the improve. I think he meets both those indices. By 70-80 games, he should be a fully fledged first grader.

Clearly he works well with Saab because they know each other’s games. Plus Saab is now a much better defender and a more multi-dimensional attacking player. They complement each other.

Even if Manly don’t re-sign him, there would be a number of clubs interested in gaining his services.

Was going to say this.. Harper seems to be much more confident/ performing better with Saab next to him
Do agree he played with Saaby in 2021 and played great outside of meltdown v storm in qualifier.
I been a big bagger but I honestly see a bigger upside in him than Parker. Harper is all confidence and coaching to me. He was involved in first try against tiges and got away handy off load in Saab 40 metre break.

Harper is an 18-30 squad member who I think is excellent cover for injuries.

When he's in our starting 17 he always gives his all and when he's fired up he generally has a good game!

His confidence was shot last year but he is building nicely this year (and I agree his combination with Saab works well for the team).

Imagine he would be on a minimum contract (or close to) to wouldn't make much of a dent in our salary cap.

Wonder if he wants to stay at Manly after this season? It's not just a matter of whether Manly wants to sign him.

Needs to change clubs, not a reserve grader let alone an nrl player. Bullimore needs to be centre when the others sre out injured. Harper should never play for us again.

Harper made 18 tackles and missed 5. Just not good enough. His only redeeming feature tonight he made 4 offloads.

I feel sorry for the bloke. He tries but I just don't think he's good enough to be holding down a spot in the team. I know he's only in now because of Koula's injury but these things happen and you need better quality depth than he can provide. Having said that you could probably copy and paste his name for a few others.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8