Morgan ‘Lance’ Boyle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Boyle has a big frame and is eager to add some aggression into his game .

“I need to be more aggressive with my own game. The first 20 games, I was just trying to wrap my head around playing NRL."

I cant wait to see Morgan rip in at NRL level with us
This bloke has a bit of Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane about him atm. If he wants to be a fixture in our 17 week in week out rather than getting the odd game through injury he needs a lot more mongrel. Run like a freight train, smash em defensively - we need an enforcer and physically he might be up for it but mentally it's time to turn it on. Over to u, Lance

This bloke has a bit of Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane about him atm. If he wants to be a fixture in our 17 week in week out rather than getting the odd game through injury he needs a lot more mongrel. Run like a freight train, smash em defensively - we need an enforcer and physically he might be up for it but mentally it's time to turn it on. Over to u, Lance
He has been topping the hit ups and is pretty much at the top for post contact metres in CC,also misses few tackles.Doesn't really suggest he is playing like Jane?Smashing people defensively just gets you time on the sideline nowadays,better to just be effective and aggressive.He will go fine,doesn't look like he is losing the point of contact....

Last edited:
He did mention in an article that he needs to add aggression in his game . So I am looking forward to this as well

He has been topping the hit ups and is pretty much at the top for post contact metres in CC,also misses few tackles.Doesn't really suggest he is playing like Jane?Smashing people defensively just gets you time on the sideline nowadays,better to just be effective and aggressive.He will go fine,doesn't look like he is losing the point of contact....

I agree with al the above accept ....

Smashing players legally does not get you on the sidelines .

Big hits lifts teams your team and shatters the opposition .

Pretty hard to do a big hit nowadays without getting penalised,very hard to hit hard and wrap arms at same time.Would prefer aggressive defence like Manly of old when they would pick their time and place for it.Like Qld in SOO 3.I remember our defence of old when we had a team in a bad position,we would swarm in and stop their momentum or if we turned the ball over we would lift and be aggressive in their following set of 6.Not many front rowers in modern game are what you would call big hitters,does too much damage to all concerned,the bigger hitters are centres and backrowers who can blindside an unsuspecting player. or someone like Radley who is technique and more often gets in under ribs(but he is a rarity not the norm)The only real big hits from frontrowers are when someone goes ape**** returning a kickoff or dropkick and more often than not it is a HIA or worse as a result...

Players like DCE and Tommy T will appreciate the ball off the back of a Morgan charge....is a handful and sucks 3-4 defenders into the ruck, ensuring our better attacking players will play with space off the back of it ....agree he is a long term investment and though I appreciate big blokes with aggression, the way of the modern game relies on big players with big motors who speak louder with constant metres bending the line and quick play balls, than the personal Harrigan, Carroll duels of yesteryear...though they were great times..

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2