More training pics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
United We Stand ......
Where there is Unity there is a sense of Victory !!!

img_0930.jpg

A very determined young Half-back Luke Metcalf with the ball in hand .
Does any one know much about him ? Strengths / Weaknesses ?

img_1144.jpg

Only a training run. Could be players running on, running off. Left right out.

But correct me If I am wrong, but In the last couple of training pic sessions a similar list may be appearing. I think I make the big boys team out to be Tommy, Jorge, Reuban, (Walker/Brad), (Tevita/Brad) (Trent/Elgy),Daly, Marty, Manase, AFP, Siro, (Corey/Jack/Joel),Jake.

With Tangles, Sipley, Winterstein, Suli, Elliott, Pasaka Keppie appearing to be running with the lessor knowns in reserves?

Lloyd Perrett missing in action?

And Abbas must be going ok still staying away from Blacktown.

View attachment 10615
He could be anything. Super star junior half. Nsw under 20s halfback. Kicks goals. Played a bit for Blacktown last year. Probably a year or two away. Cust would be ahead of him because of his toughness but metcalf has all the skills. With Elgey Cust Metcalf Croker Hodkinson there are enough halves to cover injury and it might be interesting to see what happens. But if DCE goes down the team is stuffed. Will be hard to keep him and Cust. Especially if Korisau has re-signed for an extended period, because although young Cust and Fainu would complement each other well from dummy half.

He could be anything. Super star junior half. Nsw under 20s halfback. Kicks goals. Played a bit for Blacktown last year. Probably a year or two away. Cust would be ahead of him because of his toughness but metcalf has all the skills. With Elgey Cust Metcalf Croker Hodkinson there are enough halves to cover injury and it might be interesting to see what happens. But if DCE goes down the team is stuffed. Will be hard to keep him and Cust. Especially if Korisau has re-signed for an extended period, because although young Cust and Fainu would complement each other well from dummy half.
He sounds good . The other good thing is we have depth and also competition brings out the best in players . Keeps them on their tippy toes
I am a big fan of the great DCE but if he goes down I believe the qualified Elgey will stand up as he has all the skills and is capable to run the team .
images (2).jpg

Most improved body shape wise has to be Des. He's trimmed right down in comparison to the press unveiling.
Good sign if the coach is that determined. Must rub off on the players.

Must also commend Jorge. He's looking really fit in blokes at the pub, a non look at his arse sort of way. Hope for a big year.

View attachment 10615
Metcalf seems to have a lot going for him and has particularly good speed once in the open . Were some real concerns with his tackling earlier on this season with the 20"s , maybe he was carrying an injury . Good that he got some game time with Black Town as the season progressed and to cope with a bit more intensity and pressure , Seemed to hold his own and noticed one game when he literally run away from the opposition once out in the open . not too sure about his kicking attributes . In the short term , Elgey will no doubt be given first crack as the 6 but think that Metcalf has even more to offer shortly as a 6 if he can realize his potential for i st grade at Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8