More training pics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great photo of the General Cade Cust ....
General Custer with the ball in hand taking control of his troops

View attachment 10588

Cade does have plenty of potential. No disagreement there. Will be interesting to see if he can take the step up in 19?

What we do have in 2019 is variety in the Halves. Elgy better be on his game.

As disappointing as Croker was in attack, and game management last year. Hes one impressive defender.

Which is not a bad base to build from.

I'm hoping that with a real coach at the helm, that we have a couple of depth players who have a lot more to offer than what they were allowed to show in 18.

Cade does have plenty of potential. No disagreement there. Will be interesting to see if he can take the step up in 19?

What we do have in 2019 is variety in the Halves. Elgy better be on his game.

As disappointing as Croker was in attack, and game management last year. Hes one impressive defender.

Which is not a bad base to build from.

I'm hoping that with a real coach at the helm, that we have a couple of depth players who have a lot more to offer than what they were allowed to show in 18.
Also Interesting to see How Des will use Trent Hodkinson this season .

Also Interesting to see How Des will use Trent Hodkinson this season .

My money is on a BWSE berth mate. Apart from his goal-kicking record i can't see him being in front of LG, Cust, Metcalfe or even Croker for a 17 gig in Des's eyes. I would imagine he will only be in our 30 because of the size of his contract requires him to be there. Gone in September.
Another ridiculous signing.

My money is on a BWSE berth mate. Apart from his goal-kicking record i can't see him being in front of LG, Cust, Metcalfe or even Croker for a 17 gig in Des's eyes. I would imagine he will only be in our 30 because of the size of his contract requires him to be there. Gone in September.
Another ridiculous signing.
Good player on his day but chronic injuries have taken their toll
Last season he looked to me like he went one season too long . Can Des resurrect him ? It will me a miracle

I saw a few of them grabbing coffee this morning in Narrabeen. Interestingly Walker was with them albeit in civvies, but came and went with them.

I think potentially we have four, DCE, TT, Albert Hoppa and Josh Schuster ( I did say potentially). Walker could have been one if he kept his head on straight. I think Tom Wright had it if we had persevered with him, Anderson may come close but needs more involvement and I'm yet to see Funa or Garrick in action in firsts.

Keep up the great work @The Wheel
Great to see the boys at training and looking like GLADIATORS ON HEAT

The forward on the left looks like he is going to be a BALL BREAKER
The back on the right looks like he is going to be a GAME BREAKER

BRING ON SEASON 2019 . THE SEA EAGLES ARE COMING TO GET YOU !!!
View attachment 10583

but they are so slow??? I have been watching for over a minute and they have barely moved.

I an just curious to see if anyone knew what the different colour vest/tee shirt mean from the training pictures. Does it have specific purpose or it it just to make a player either your opposition
or team mate?

I an just curious to see if anyone knew what the different colour vest/tee shirt mean from the training pictures. Does it have specific purpose or it it just to make a player either your opposition
or team mate?
I thought pink vest meant either player was no to have any contact work and is either injured or coming back from an injury, I maybe be wrong so don’t quote me on this .

Marty looks really fit and lean
As said elsewhere no suli in any of those pictures looks to be on the outer with des.

If a so called professional athlete refuses to act in a professional manner, Des will show them the door.

So, is John Cartwrong still with us and if so has he been sighted anywhere, doing well, anything???

Doesn't seem much attention on Jet Ski in pre season preparation and how he may go this season . Had some noted defensive issues but has plenty of vigor and good pace for a back rower . May improve with a different style of coaching . Guess that Waddelll is in the training pics somewhere , . Just have to wait for the trials for a better guide no doubt . Don "t think that Cust is a 6 , more likely and like Hodko a possible back up option for D C E .

So, is John Cartwrong still with us and if so has he been sighted anywhere, doing well, anything???
Saw Hoss on the piss and punt at Broadbeach Hotel a couple of weeks ago. Was moving nicely around the bar, handled the new TAB machines with aplomb and didn’t spill a drop. Fitness not an issue either. Hadn’t raised a sweat deep into the evening.All that training under Barrett has set him up for a big season at the Diggers.

Last edited:
I sighted him last night at the Manly skiff club drinking plenty of schooners of beer

And best of all he was not with any current Manly players

Des would have have cut out the drinking culture of the last 3 years very quickly

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2