More training pics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am a fan !!!

Get out of my fcking way here I come in for another try !
View attachment 10668

I liked this one. And there were a fair few of them

brian-kelly-of-the-sea-eagles-scores-a-try-during-the-round-13-nrl-picture-id964435214

Looks a bit like Matai in that pic
Fatness is all in relation to hair style. Sulli had that mop on last year that added the illusion of at least 70pounds all over. He's obviously had a trim and now look at him super slim and ripped.
Case in point 50cent
images.jpeg

I have the same issue. I'm really thin and athletic but my mop of hair hides it.

Suli also on the left side of the field. Wonder if it is a head up for where he will play, since if I remember that is where he played for the tigers. Just maybe that might also be his favoured side defensively

Jokes aside - had been told Tigers were training to exhaustion hard pre 2018 and I kind of laughed like "Well it is an NRL side preparing for the comp to start - to be expected"....I watched from day 1 in 2018 in those early rounds and seen West Tigers win games purely off the back of being the fitter team including beating Roosters and Storm round 1 & 2.
Fitness is a Massive part of how good a team comes out the blocks and feel confident the boys will start far sharper than the past few years.
Yes it's the little 1% ers that matter (in the case of fitness more significant obviously) but when u have a team on paper and depth wise not as competitive as some, attention to detail and improving all the little facets of the game is so important. We could squeak into the 8 conceivably this year but we'll need a ripper run re injuries and executing Des' game plans to the letter. Exciting interesting times! Go Manly

Yeah good call.

I still remember that pre Xmas video where Jurbo (who's been a solid rep player and would have trained at an elite level for a while now) commented on how bigger change it's been fitness wise... That has me excited.

Huge change going from 2018 weightlifting to 2019 bootcamp style. This should see us more mobile and more match fit.

Expecting big things.
Agreed. Fact is, we have some wonderful physical specimens at our club especially in the forwards. If we can get the big boys in their best possible condition we give ourselves a shot! Go Manly

Suli also on the left side of the field. Wonder if it is a head up for where he will play, since if I remember that is where he played for the tigers. Just maybe that might also be his favoured side defensively
In his debut year with the tigers as an 18 year old before his attitude derailed he was making established NRL players look like boys . That is just how much impact he had.
At the time this was quoted in the sports section of the DT . "Apart from owning wonderful speed, footwork and vision, Suli is also larger than your favourite reality TV star’s ego. Truly, this young bloke is the real deal. A genuine Next Big Thing.

If Des can get his attitude right, Suli will unleash his potential .

Suli Looking trimmer than ever . Best start to his pre season

img_4308.jpg

In his debut year with the tigers as an 18 year old before his attitude derailed he was making established NRL players look like boys . That is just how much impact he had.
At the time this was quoted in the sports section of the DT . "Apart from owning wonderful speed, footwork and vision, Suli is also larger than your favourite reality TV star’s ego. Truly, this young bloke is the real deal. A genuine Next Big Thing.

If Des can get his attitude right, Suli will unleash his potential .

Suli Looking trimmer than ever . Best start to his pre season

View attachment 10700
Getting a bit carried away Bozo He’s scored three tries in thirty games. I saw most of his games for the Tigers and he was ok but no superstar. Typical DT hype.Also saw him play three or four Workers games and wasn’t a standout .Tigers and bulldogs obviously stumped up a lot of cash based on his 20s form ( which often doesn’t translate to NRL ) so surely he must possess some skills which haven’t been obvious.I hope so.From where I sit I see power but little else. Power is a great thing but with no pass or obvious step (and he’s playing against plenty of men just as big as him most weeks)it’s hard to see a budding superstar.Getting fit is only one part of the puzzle. That does not create skills.

If he plays centre we are cooked. As a winger his power will be an asset but the good wingers these days have all the skills. However I hope I am totally and utterly wrong.

Last edited:
Getting a bit carried away Bozo He’s scored three tries in thirty games. I saw most of his games for the Tigers and he was ok but no superstar. Typical DT hype.Also saw him play three or four Workers games and wasn’t a standout .Tigers and bulldogs obviously stumped up a lot of cash based on his 20s form ( which often doesn’t translate to NRL ) so surely he must possess some skills which haven’t been obvious.I hope so.From where I sit I see power but little else. Power is a great thing but with no pass or obvious step (and he’s playing against plenty of men just as big as him most weeks)it’s hard to see a budding superstar.Getting fit is only one part of the puzzle. That does not create skills.

If he plays centre we are cooked. As a winger his power will be an asset but the good wingers these days have all the skills. However I hope I am totally and utterly wrong.
Thank you for sharing your view . When you saw him play in our Workers team he did not have a full pre season and was out of condition so that is not a good judgement on what footy he is really capable of . From what I remember of his debut he was not just ok he was dynamic and a stand out .
I think he will excel under Des
As you say One of us could be wrong

While Suli looks in much better shape than he was for probably 19 months, he only scored 2 tries in 16 NRL matches for the Tigers and 1 in 15 for us..

He excelled in junior footy against much smaller boys but has hardly raised a spark against men in 31 FG appearances.

I hope Des & Co are the catalyst to get this behemoth in the mental and physical shape to be something like T Rex was when he was at his peak.

Time will tell, he will thrive or be moved on under Des.

Thank you for sharing your view . When you saw him play in our Workers team he did not have a full pre season and was out of condition so that is not a good judgement on what footy he is really capable of . From what I remember of his debut he was not just ok he was dynamic and a stand out .
I think he will excel under Des
As you say One of us could be wrong
Who are you guya talking about

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8