more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
So do Bank executives, Investment executives, mining company executives and just about all executives of public companies worldwide ...
And so many of them - like the executives of petroleum companies - boost their own salaries by destroying the world. Its detrimental to all of us that such salary packages are encouraged.

Why are the "vaccinated" dying from Covid?
Only a handful of Covid-19 cases in intensive care are believed to be infected with the dominant Omicron strain, with NSW Health revealing they believe it is Delta that is putting people in hospital.
In news that is likely to reassure vaccinated residents, NSW Health also said that 34 out of 52 patients in ICU are unvaccinated and it is understood that an overwhelming amount have pre-existing health conditions.

@Kevinward777 I tried to respectfully respond to your posts a few days ago, and now you are repeating all of the same points. You are peddling misinformation.

Bye kev (pity because I have read your footy-related posts for years).

And so many of them - like the executives of petroleum companies - boost their own salaries by destroying the world. Its detrimental to all of us that such salary packages are encouraged.

Why, most people in the world get paid in relation to their productivity or performance .. why not executives?

But even if you are correct .. you will admit that presenting that fact in relation to Pfizer executives is a bit disingenuous, as it is not unusual, illegal, immoral or untoward.

Why, most people in the world get paid in relation to their productivity or performance .. why not executives?

But even if you are correct .. you will admit that presenting that fact in relation to Pfizer executives is a bit disingenuous, as it is not unusual, illegal, immoral or untoward.
Just a reflection of human nature. Bankers boost the share price and their own pay packet by selling unaffordable home loans. Petroleum executives do it by stifling environmental legislation. Pharmaceutical executives do it by price gouging (governments pay up to 20 or 30 times as much for each dose of vaccine as it costs to manufacture them even though the same governments paid for much of the development cost) and by concentrating research on medicines like anti depressants and vaccine that have a long term market rather than medicines like antibiotics that are only used for a short time to overcome an illness.

Have a look at how executive remunerations have tracked as a percentage of company profits over the past decade or so. It's unlikely that modern executives are 10 times as productive as those of a decade ago but - in real terms - they often receive 100 times as much cash. The game is greed not productivity.

Ciroan you flame – which is against this site’s terms of use, and is also inconsistent with any chance for productive discussion. But let’s move past that just for now, to see if we can get to the bottom of what you’re on about.

Do you think Pfizer executives have their remuneration linked to the share price?
Why do you think that’s important? Do you think there is a problem with wealth, or influence?

Just a reflection of human nature. Bankers boost the share price and their own pay packet by selling unaffordable home loans. Petroleum executives do it by stifling environmental legislation. Pharmaceutical executives do it by price gouging (governments pay up to 20 or 30 times as much for each dose of vaccine as it costs to manufacture them even though the same governments paid for much of the development cost) and by concentrating research on medicines like anti depressants and vaccine that have a long term market rather than medicines like antibiotics that are only used for a short time to overcome an illness.

Have a look at how executive remunerations have tracked as a percentage of company profits over the past decade or so. It's unlikely that modern executives are 10 times as productive as those of a decade ago but - in real terms - they often receive 100 times as much cash. The game is greed not productivity.

Again, some of that may be true ... however a couple of extreme cases does not taint the entire commercial world.

But, it has no place in a Covid discussion.

Again, some of that may be true ... however a couple of extreme cases does not taint the entire commercial world.

But, it has no place in a Covid discussion.
It's q bit more than a couple of extreme cases. Let's turn to an independent source. The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance published estimates that the median salary of CEOs of large US companies increased - in real terms - by over 500% between 1990 and 2020. There were some pretty big tech developments in that time that accounted for some of the growth but remember we're talking median salary not average salary. 50% of CEO positions increased by more than 500% adjusted for inflation. In the same period the GDP (adjusted for inflation) increased by around 8% while the average wage (in real terms) stayed about the same.

Greed drives growth in corporate salaries not productivity or social values.

Ciroan you flame – which is against this site’s terms of use, and is also inconsistent with any chance for productive discussion. But let’s move past that just for now, to see if we can get to the bottom of what you’re on about.

Why do you think that’s important? Do you think there is a problem with wealth, or influence?
As I think I've made clear already that I don't deny that there is a disease called Covid 19, I don't deny that this disease sometimes kills people, and I'm not against vaccinations BUT it's far from the biggest and most serious issue facing the human race at this time and - yes - it appears that different groups are using it as a cash grab or a smokescreen. I am also rather leery of government representatives who tell me to be scared. I remember reds under the bed, the domino effect, children overboard, weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, massive Al Qadia cave complexes in Afganistan and other lies deliberately circulated for political advantage.

Now, if you feel the need to ban me for spreading disinformation please do. I've got a lot of stuff I should be working on and I can use the extra time. Go the Sea Eagles.

I'm not sure why you think I disagree.
With the exception of your phrase "sometimes kills people", another obvious go at minimising the pandemic. Which I've explained before, is unhelpful at best and at worst, dangerous.
But no-one has threatened to ban you.

I agree there are many other serious issues facing humanity (although oddly you claim not to care about the starving kids etc, i don't quite understand that) and yes there is disgusting profiteering and hoarding etc going on, and yes anyone in their right mind would be suspicious of corrupt self-serving politicians.

I wasn't sure where you were coming from, still aren't actually, but my main beef was the personal insults on me, and especially the presumptuous statements about my dead relatives, which probably succeeded beyond your wildest dreams in achieving your aim of getting steam coming from my ears.
And how any of that is conducive to a discussion I have no idea.
And you still think I advocate hiding under a bed? I have no idea where that comes from.

As I think I've made clear already that I don't deny that there is a disease called Covid 19, I don't deny that this disease sometimes kills people, and I'm not against vaccinations BUT it's far from the biggest and most serious issue facing the human race at this time and - yes - it appears that different groups are using it as a cash grab or a smokescreen. I am also rather leery of government representatives who tell me to be scared. I remember reds under the bed, the domino effect, children overboard, weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, massive Al Qadia cave complexes in Afganistan and other lies deliberately circulated for political advantage.

Now, if you feel the need to ban me for spreading disinformation please do. I've got a lot of stuff I should be working on and I can use the extra time. Go the Sea Eagles.
Banned for what? Having a brain that questions the veracity of the narrative being shoved down our throats. A narrative that has changed more times than a stripper working the club circuit in Kings Cross on a Saturday night no less.

Banned for what? Having a brain that questions the veracity of the narrative being shoved down our throats. A narrative that has changed more times than a stripper working the club circuit in Kings Cross on a Saturday night no less.
I think you've misunderstood again. No-ones getting banned so far as I am aware.
And the things Cioran questioned are corrupt politicians, companies opportunistically profiteering vast sums, and our country tying itself inextricably to some larger ally’s military.
You may not have noticed but these things aren't constantly changing, on the contrary, we've been stuck with them since before Australia even became a country.

I think you've misunderstood again. No-ones getting banned so far as I am aware.
And the things Cioran questioned are corrupt politicians, companies opportunistically profiteering vast sums, and our country tying itself inextricably to some larger ally’s military.
You may not have noticed but these things aren't constantly changing, on the contrary, we've been stuck with them since before Australia even became a country.
Thanks for clearing that up for me SER8 - much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10