more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet you are possibly the most predictable poster on the forum. Thought I'd unblock you to see if you'd become any less tedious but alas, blocked again!
If you feel i am the most predictable poster why would you bother to unblock, don't dress it up as "wanting to see if i have become any less tedious"----curiosity and predictability don't tend to go hand in hand.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Lucky bugger. Nothing better than beer battered flathead.
Agree , we get a few mackerel out there too. I go with my next door neighbours who has a boat , but it’s not an offshore boat just the bay and estuary’s. Only a 60hp engine so it’s pretty slow and steady.

He’s into crabbing but it’s slim pickings just at the moment.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Agree , we get a few mackerel out there too. I go with my next door neighbours who has a boat , but it’s not an offshore boat just the bay and estuary’s. Only a 60hp engine so it’s pretty slow and steady.

He’s into crabbing but it’s slim pickings just at the moment.
I sent the missus to buy a few kilos of Atlantic crab for Christmas lunch yesterday. She rings me in a huff from the shop, explaining that the Atlantic crab was sold out.
"There's only Spanish crab." She says.
"WTF is Spanish crab?" I ask.
"I'm not sure, I don't eat crab."
"Yeah, whatever, sounds exotic. Just grab it."

When she arrives home an hour later all red faced and testy, I open the bag to see seven large spanner crabs.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
It's not a choice if you lose your job it is more backing people into a corner to cave in.(well ok i know people are going to reply "it is still a choice to lose your job or keep your job and take the jab)

If you get the jab for the most part why do you care about the unvaccinated, the whole point of getting the jab is to be more protected against catching Covid(or falling seriously ill from Covid) from the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

Yes i agree with the increased pay load from the unvaccinated but also just as wary of the asymptomatic or showing weak symptoms of covid spread by 1000's of vaccinated i come across also.
It is a choice if we are willing to sacrifice for our Great Nation and Keep our Great nation viable and our brothers in arms safe

Great Nations are made Great by Great people that are willing to sacrifice

Merry Xmas to you and all your loved ones @Technical Coach . We look forward to your passionate posts in 2022

1640404155655.png

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
I sent the missus to buy a few kilos of Atlantic crab for Christmas lunch yesterday. She rings me in a huff from the shop, explaining that the Atlantic crab was sold out.
"There's only Spanish crab." She says.
"WTF is Spanish crab?" I ask.
"I'm not sure, I don't eat crab."
"Yeah, whatever, sounds exotic. Just grab it."

When she arrives home an hour later all red faced and testy, I open the bag to see seven large spanner crabs.

Wait wait, so you got crabs from your.......whoa whoa whoa I'm leaving this alone!

It is a choice if we are willing to sacrifice for our Great Nation and Keep our Great nation viable and our brothers in arms safe

Great Nations are made Great by Great people that are willing to sacrifice

Merry Xmas to you and all your loved ones @Technical Coach . We look forward to your passionate posts in 2022

View attachment 19929
And to me keeping our nation great is about keeping "Freedom of Choice" so we don't go down the path of what has happened to many other "great" nations in the past.

Stop linking freedom of choice with being Anti Vax or not willing to "sacrifice", this is the main issue that is causing conflict in this country.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
And to me keeping our nation great is about keeping "Freedom of Choice" so we don't go down the path of what has happened to many other "great" nations in the past.

Stop linking freedom of choice with being Anti Vax or not willing to "sacrifice", this is the main issue that is causing conflict in this country

Is there conflict? I would suggest that the far far majority of people have no conflict and are following the health advice.

If anything the freedom of choice is over represented in the media (and definitely on social media)

Kevinward777

First Grader
Some people just know better… than the entire community of world health organisations, who are conspiring to distribute a vaccine that isn’t proven and makes the wealthy, wealthier.

Fighting a losing battle.
The vaccine reminds me of Clayton's. It kinda smells a bit like grog ( or in this instance an efficient vaccine such as the one for chicken pox), and it kinda tastes a bit like grog, but no matter how much of that sh1t you drink, you ain't ever getting drunk. By the time Christmas rolls around next year, we might all resemble pin cushions as the latest variant kicks in right before any celebrating commences.

The vax stats will likely read that 10% of citizens have received their fifteenth booster shot in the name of being selfless (because none of them are actually scared about dying from the virus themselves.) Meanwhile the media will set about demonizing those selfish pr1cks who grew weary of having stuff inserted up their nostrils. Sounds reminiscent of an alien abduction to me, all the probing and pricking that is.

Last edited:

Kevinward777

First Grader
Some people just know better… than the entire community of world health organisations, who are conspiring to distribute a vaccine that isn’t proven and makes the wealthy, wealthier.

Fighting a losing battle.
To be fair - there is some serious coin being made.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Honestly I don’t give a flying ****.

I choose to be vaccinated and will have a booster on 6th January.

Anti vax
Anti mandate
Pro choice
I’m not having that ****
Screw the big companies

I’ve heard it all , it’s your choice it doesn’t impact me in the slightest what you choose to do or not choose to do.

But it’s funny who in society is making the most noise , and who they are bagging for the choice they’ve made.

You don’t want it , fine , but just stop the whinging and creating divisions , you’ve rolled the dice and you’ll have to live with the outcome whatever that might be!!

Kevinward777

First Grader
Honestly I don’t give a flying ****.

I choose to be vaccinated and will have a booster on 6th January.

Anti vax
Anti mandate
Pro choice
I’m not having that ****
Screw the big companies

I’ve heard it all , it’s your choice it doesn’t impact me in the slightest what you choose to do or not choose to do.

But it’s funny who in society is making the most noise , and who they are bagging for the choice they’ve made.

You don’t want it , fine , but just stop the whinging and creating divisions , you’ve rolled the dice and you’ll have to live with the outcome whatever that might be!!
Finally, some sense. I couldn't agree more. Let people make their own choices. If the unvaccinated (5%) choose not to get jabbed then so be it. People need to respect one another and that goes both ways.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Finally, some sense. I couldn't agree more. Let people make their own choices. If the unvaccinated (5%) choose not to get jabbed then so be it. People need to respect one another and that goes both ways.
But then we all suffer as a society because of their choices?

You can not have personal choice without consequences

If you are unvaccinated you are more likely to end up in hospital placing a greater strain on the public health system. If you drive when drunk you are more likely to end up in hospital due to an accident- how is this different

Also the reason why we need different jabs is that the virus, like all viruses, will continue to change….as not enough people are vaccinated!

(I also know that this post will not change anything for anyone and it is the same as screaming in the wind)

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If you get the jab for the most part why do you care about the unvaccinated, the whole point of getting the jab is to be more protected
That is only part of the point, not the whole point. From when the first vaccines were developed the message has been the same - no-one is safe until we are all safe. The vaccines must be available to the whole world's population.
Until that happens the virus has more opportunity to spread and mutate. Which obviously is continuing to occur.

And to me keeping our nation great is about keeping "Freedom of Choice"

For those who don't want to be part of the global effort to beat the virus, that's fine by me, but they can't expect to be able to carry on with all their stupid illusory 'freedoms' while continuing to put others at risk.

How about this question TC - should employers not have 'freedom' to choose who to employ? Or who to allow to fly on their plane, or sit in their stuffy cinema?
Here's an imperfect analogy for you. Suppose someone refuses to wash, and stinks! Is it unfair to fire them or bar their attendance?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
OK OK I did say it was an imperfect analogy!
How about this angle? Why are those (such as @Technical Coach) who worry about 'freedom' not worried about the 'freedom' or rights of the 'usual' unemployed?
"Hey I'm not one of that riff-raff 10-20% of the workforce who have to remain unemployed at any given time in order for our economic system to function! I'm supposed to be one of the privileged who have a secure job! Don't lump me in with that useless lot, the worthless refuse of society! Waaa! unfair discrimination!"

If the demands for fair treatment of workers facing difficulty due to the pandemic were linked with demands for the right to work for everyone - real jobs at award wages not work-for-the-dole BS - i'd probably be down there joining the protest!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The vaccine reminds me of Clayton's. It kinda smells a bit like grog ( or in this instance an efficient vaccine such as the one for chicken pox), and it kinda tastes a bit like grog, but no matter how much of that sh1t you drink, you ain't ever getting drunk. By the time Christmas rolls around next year, we might all resemble pin cushions as the latest variant kicks in right before any celebrating commences...

...Meanwhile the media will set about demonizing those selfish pr1cks who grew weary of having stuff inserted up their nostrils. Sounds reminiscent of an alien abduction to me, all the probing and pricking that is.
When someone suggested that you missed the point when you recently quoted the guy from WHO saying no country can boost its way out of the pandemic, you said no I was aware of why he said it. Yet you continue to post in a way that makes it clear you missed the point! Oh well I don't blame you really, if you're still getting flashbacks after getting abducted by aliens that excuses a lot.
:rofl:

Kevinward777

First Grader
I think you’re confusing the vaccines efficacy with government policy.

It’s a fact that the vaccine lowers transmission rates and symptoms and likelihood of death. They are facts.

How state and federal governments (and then businesses) choose to “protect” their people are educated choices made by people.

Big difference.

If you don’t like how the government is handling the situation, run in your local electorate. Change things.

Merry Xmas mate.
Merry Christmas to you too champ.

manly al

First Grader
Be interesting how long the booster programmes not only in Australia but world wide will be considered necessary . Also the proportion of the more virulent strains compared with the apparent less serious omircron strain prevalent . Could be the case that most of the general population will be exposed to one form of the virus sooner or latter but surely the best approach and option is still to have the most recommended preventative measures in place for what ever time . Still surprises me that people who would normally have a generally well considered outlook to vaccine and health preventative measures [ as opposed to the totally intransigent ] continue to have such a set opposition to the whole or many of the covid preventative measures . Don:t seem to have any credible alternatives and just can 't seem to accept that this has always been a very serious virus , . Be surprised if the N R L will not be still affected at least in the early stages of season 2022 but guess that some things are just not avoidable .

Where is the science? The booster/vaccine mrna specific spike protein was developed in response to original Wuhan Strain. We've gone through variants, Delta and now Omicron. They have different spike proteins to original variant. Israel are onto their 4th 'booster'. We are all being 'encouraged' to take 3rd 'shot/booster'. There are no studies/trials that they work on Omicron. There are also no studies or trials on what the accumulative affect on loading vaccines on top of anothet has on the human immune system or mix / mashing different vaxines pfeizer/moderna etc..How can you now scientifically ascertain the efficacy of any vaccine, Pfeizer for example if someone then takes Astra 'booster'. These are legitimate concerns that are not being addressed or even questioned. It's scary to think where we are heading.

manly al

First Grader
Guess that the main or tangible indication of at least some science based criteria is that there is much less hospital admissions or intensive care cases or individual illness levels since general vaccinations reached a much higher proportion of most countries populations . Looks like herd immunity with high vaccination rates is now the accepted trend but fair point that the necessity of booster shots should be an open question or theoretically and even in a science sense become less of a priority as time passes and the virus is further reduced in its severe symptom effects . Personally never had had a flu shot and never intend to so guess that i will be reluctant to have on going covid booster shots [ haven "t even had my i st one yet but certainly will with the present state of play ] ] . Haven 't studied in detail the trend of the Spanish flu one hundred years ago or so but that may give at least some indications of the tendencies of this similar pandemic outbreak ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14