more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question with the freedom stuff should be focused around removal of the measures. It's a quid pro quo. Society overwhelmingly went along and got the vax. The trade off for that should be full removal of the emergency measure put in place as we hit certain vax numbers. BUT - what you see is the government constantly extending and slipping in new bills and so on furthering their powers and as everyone always says, governments are loathe to give up powers once they get them. Everyone used to mock the Chinese government style social credits and surveillance state but more and more that's where the western world is heading.

Anyway as far as Donny goes, how often are they even training? I saw the lake run squad out again this morning. I can't imagine they are doubling up this early in the campaign so how many squad sessions is Donald even having to go to? One or two a week? Also, someone needs to buy Parker a shirt. Never seen him wearing one. He is getting close to post training Choc at the old Salty Rooster territory...
I get the issue with the state government’s, and agree they’ve become addicted to the power trip.

This isn’t exactly what it seems.

I read that the fact that BHP didn’t consult with its workforce is the reason the decision was found unlawful NOT what they were trying to do.

Apparently BHP are now doing what they should have done and the rule will be reintroduced within 2 weeks.

Back today apparently.
And will not say if his vaccinated due to private reasons.

Yet every player has to ? Wow. Manly are sticking solid on this one.

Man. Beaten to the punch :(.

Apparently Donny back at training this morning, unknown if he is vaxed as the club is reluctant to say anything about personal details.
Interesting.

I wonder if it was ever actually confirmed that he is unvaccinated?

The original article seems to have based that conclusion on Don's social media posts & a conversation with Steven Humphreys (in which he didn't actually confirm Singe's vaccination status but said things which could imply he is not vaccinated) but has Singe actually confirmed it himself?

Perhaps the club has since been advised to make no further comment until all of the legalities have been ironed out?

Imagine if Singe actually has been vaccinated all this time & the article is based on hearsay only? It's potentially created a witchhunt for which they could be legally liable?

Interesting.

I wonder if it was ever actually confirmed that he is unvaccinated?

The original article seems to have based that conclusion on Don's social media posts & a conversation with Steven Humphreys (in which he didn't actually confirm Singe's vaccination status but said things which could imply he is not vaccinated) but has Singe actually confirmed it himself?

Perhaps the club has since been advised to make no further comment until all of the legalities have been ironed out?

Imagine if Singe actually has been vaccinated all this time & the article is based on hearsay only? It's potentially created a witchhunt for which they could be legally liable?
Surely the club has to come clean on this one, NRL have covid protocols, you can't just keep quiet on the issue and hide behind privacy, everyone involved has to show proof of vax

Surely the club has to come clean on this one, NRL have covid protocols, you can't just keep quiet on the issue and hide behind privacy, everyone involved has to show proof of vax
Agree, but if there are any mitigating circumstances justifying Singe not getting vaccinated, is the club obligated to announce them (or even allowed to due to privacy laws)?

That's if he's NOT vaccinated, which we dont know for sure, as the article can only be based on hearsay, unless Singe has told Rothfield himself he isn't vaccinated.

Also, Singe only has to show proof of vaccination to his employer & any establishment he wishes to enter that requires it, not to Rothfield nor to the general public.

You honestly think considering the media coverage that if he was vac'd they would not have said something?

If so that would be horrific managment even for this club

You honestly think considering the media coverage that if he was vac'd they would not have said something?

If so that would be horrific managment even for this club
Remember the media coverage about Walker not being vaccinated?

The club neither confirmed nor denied his vaxx status until after he'd signed his contract (& even then it may not have been the club who confirmed it but the author of the article, possibly by the same means he announced Walker wasn't vaccinated).

The media often beats up stories to create headlines but that doesnt mean the subject of their beat up is obliged to clarify the situation publicly, & I suspect there may be some legalities around announcing someone's vaccination status that would result in no comment from the club involved.

The original article doesnt state the source for their claim (that Singe is unvaccinated).

It only states that he is unvaccinated 4 times in the headline & first 3 sentences (hint of sensationalism) & that he broke the rules by not wearing a mask (we dont know the exact circumstances illustrated in the photo).

Humphreys doesn't confirm Singe's vaxx status, he only says the club are meeting their obligations under the protocols, that Singe is tested every day (which is probably a requirement for all club employees & players) & that the club is assisting with Singe's family's education on the matter (apparently in response to being asked if he was encouraging Singe to get vaccinated).

All I'm saying is, if someone's vaccination status is their own private business that they are only obliged to reveal to their employer & any establishment that requires it upon entry, what is the source proving the articles' claim Singe is unvaccinated?

Manly Sea Eagles trainer Don Singe running training sessions while unvaccinated from Covid-19​

The NRL is facing a Covid nightmare with revelations a senior Manly staffer has been working unvaccinated while supervising players during training.
Phil RothfieldSports Editor-at-large

The Manly Sea Eagles have created an NRL Covid furore by allowing their head of high performance to work unvaccinated while supervising players and overseeing the club’s off-season training programs.
The Daily Telegraph has obtained photographs from the club’s North Narrabeen training headquarters on Tuesday of unvaccinated and unmasked sports fitness guru Don Singe in charge of a two-hour session.

He had a white mask around his wrist but was not wearing it in accordance with club health protocols.
Somehow Singe gets daily access to Manly’s state government-owned fitness centre despite a huge sign showing proof of vaccination is required to enter the facility.

Manly stands accused of shocking double standards after pressuring a number of their high-profile players to get vaccinated in recent months.
One of their star players, Josh Aloiai, last week became the first NRL player to test positive to Covid, although he had not been in contact with Singe.

Singe is a controversial figure who fell out with one of Australia’s most experienced sports doctors Nathan Gibbs last season over his conditioning methods which led to the veteran medico quitting the club.

Manly’s chief executive Stephen Humphreys insists the club is not breaking health protocols.

“Don is discussing his situation with his GP and our chief medical officer,” Humphreys said.

“It’s under review at the moment is the way I’d describe it.

“I really don’t want to talk about the private health matters of any of my employees.

“It’s not my place to talk about his beliefs.”

This at a time when the NRL has been strongly advocating Covid vaccinations with more than 500 contracted players, coaches and officials.

Only half a dozen players across the entire game remain unvaccinated.
Humphreys however insists: “We are definitely adhering to NRL protocols.

“Don is getting tested every day and completing all the details on his full whereabouts.

“He’s wearing a mask and not going into shared areas of the facility.”

However, a cameraman from The Daily Telegraph took photos on Tuesday morning which showed this was not the case in regards to Singe wearing his mask.

“The NRL would expect us to follow the protocols which we are,” Humphreys said.

When asked about the sign at the entrance to Manly training requesting proof of vaccination upon entry, Humphreys responded: “As I told you, we are complying with all NRL and Sydney Academy of Sport requirements and protocols.”

The Daily Telegraph understands not all Manly players are aware of Singe’s position, although he has actively expressed his anti-vax beliefs on social media.

Many of his recent posts have now been taken down.

He recently re-shared a Facebook post of a famous photo of a man refusing to do the “Sieg Heil” salute during a Nazi rally in Hamburg in 1936, which anti-vaxxers have used lately to liken to the push for mandatory vaccinations.
Whether you are unvaccinated or vaccinated is not an issue, the really important life changing question is … ‘Will you demonstrate tolerance and empathy for peoples (sic) personal choice’,” Singe wrote, accompanying the post.

Asked if he was encouraging Singe to get vaccinated, Humphreys said: “Yes we’re helping him and his family around education. I’d hope that it will come to a good conclusion soon.”

Singe declined to return phone calls or text messages when The Daily Telegraph attempted to contact him yesterday.
If the situation remains unchanged, Singe will be banned from attending matches interstate or possibly at other match-day venues in Sydney where proof of double vaccination is required.

Clint Newtown, head of the RLPA, said he was unaware Singe was working with the players while unvaccinated.
The club has an obligation to continue to provide a safe and healthy workplace,” he said. “They have to put the right protocols in place that includes daily testing and other biosecurity measures.”

The NRL has been approached for comment.

Last edited:

The club neither confirmed nor denied his vaxx status until after he'd signed his contract (& even then it may not have been the club who confirmed it but the author of the article, possibly by the same means he announced Walker wasn't vaccinated).

The media often beats up stories to create headlines but that doesnt mean the subject of their beat up is obliged to clarify the situation publicly, & I suspect there may be some legalities around announcing someone's vaccination status that would result in no comment from the club involved.

The original article doesnt state the source for their claim (that Singe is unvaccinated).

It only states that he is unvaccinated 4 times in the headline & first 3 sentences (hint of sensationalism) & that he broke the rules by not wearing a mask (we dont know the exact circumstances illustrated in the photo).

Humphreys doesn't confirm Singe's vaxx status, he only says the club are meeting their obligations under the protocols, that Singe is tested every day (which is probably a requirement for all club employees & players) & that the club is assisting with Singe's family's education on the matter (apparently in response to being asked if he was encouraging Singe to get vaccinated).

All I'm saying is, if someone's vaccination status is their own private business that they are only obliged to reveal to their employer & any establishment that requires it upon entry, what is the source proving the articles' claim Singe is unvaccinated?
Mmmm think you need to get your tin foil hat out if you think there’s a likelihood that Singe was vaccinated prior to the 30 Nov deadline and this is just a media beat up. MWSE would not be offering education/support etc to Singe and/or his family unless they were unvaccinated.

Mmmm think you need to get your tin foil hat out if you think there’s a likelihood that Singe was vaccinated prior to the 30 Nov deadline and this is just a media beat up. MWSE would not be offering education/support etc to Singe and/or his family unless they were unvaccinated.
I'm no conspiracy theorist nor an anti-vaxxer.

I'm just suggesting there may be more to the story that we dont know.

It is a weird fact that at least a few of the rabid anti-vaxxers such as Craig Kelly are vaccinated. He is pinning his hopes on future power by talking vaccination down in the hope that he gets 5% of the vote, which would be enough to be a senator.

And what I am saying that from a sponsorship point of view that is pretty limited

Back today apparently.
And will not say if his vaccinated due to private reasons.

Yet every player has to ? Wow. Manly are sticking solid on this one.

Man. Beaten to the punch :(.

So that's a pretty rock solid guarantee he's unvaccinated.

Obviously, he is more important than the club.

The club should be up front about what is going on. Especially given what the Northern Beaches community endured in the last 12 months, for the public benefit as well their own.

Say Buzz’s story was wrong. Or say it’s now all fixed.

The club's silence invites the conclusion that the story was on the money and it hasn’t yet been resolved.

I don’t think the club would be silly enough to ignore the public health order (?), so I’d say Don is vaccinated or has a legitimate exemption, and therefore must follow some strict rules on tests, mask etc.

I don’t think the club would be silly enough to ignore the public health order (?), so I’d say Don is vaccinated or has a legitimate exemption, and therefore must follow some strict rules on tests, mask etc.
This is along the lines of what I suspect - that Singe has legitimate reason/s for exemption & is following all required protocols for his status.

The story (to me) is trying to blow something way out of proportion & make out the club is being uncooperative in their refusal to discuss Singe's vaccination status.

From a legal perspective, is the club even allowed to disclose the vaccination status of any of their employees to the likes of Rothfield?

From a legal perspective, is the club even allowed to disclose the vaccination status of any of their employees to the likes of Rothfield?
Nope. Health information is private. The club would have to disclose how it is complying with a Safety Plan to NSW Health if asked, but it would be confidential. Probably matters would only become public if the club got fined or an official warning or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4