more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe stop encroaching on every point on the planet because of overpopulation and then we may not have so many viruses jumping from animal to human?(maybe try not to eat every creature under the sun,but when you overpopulate you eat what you can find...)

Interesting that the major outbreaks in Oz have been on the two most populous cities....I think the rapid spread in Europe is because so many people in such a small area living so closely together.(it is how viruses survive)
There will be more cross species viruses coming Al because we are moving into areas and populating that humans have not lived before,wonder what delights will come from the Amazon.....
Overpopulation causes you to eat stuff like bats because you either eat that stuff or starve and when you want it fresh you get the problem
Well luckily Bolsonaro is making short work of the Amazon so we seem to have that threat in hand.
Also Jeff Bezos (of the 'other Amazon' fame) is leading humanity toward the stars so there is hope for us yet (well not 'us', literally, but possibly some human life forms, probably the more affluent types).

Meanwhile full marks Joe for inventive thinking in bringing in this overpopulation angle. Can I ask where you got the idea? (Be honest now! Ideas don't spring out of thin air)

And with all the COVID NRL news this week, out of all the clubs with outbreaks, not once has it been mentioned that they are all vaccinated...players and workers.

Well luckily Bolsonaro is making short work of the Amazon so we seem to have that threat in hand.
Also Jeff Bezos (of the 'other Amazon' fame) is leading humanity toward the stars so there is hope for us yet (well not 'us', literally, but possibly some human life forms, probably the more affluent types).

Meanwhile full marks Joe for inventive thinking in bringing in this overpopulation angle. Can I ask where you got the idea? (Be honest now! Ideas don't spring out of thin air)
I thought the science has been there for a while,can't remember where I first read or heard.Humans move into areas(usually jungle areas in the third world for logging and humans also moving into those areas to create farmland and then towns follow...).They then come into contact with viruses that humans have not been exposed to before or that only small pockets of indigenous people have(from animals in the area[e.g. bats]) and the virus then mutates and jumps to humans and voila....
Eating new animals that humans don't normally eat when moving into a new area also helps the jump.

I thought the science has been there for a while,can't remember where I first read or heard.Humans move into areas(usually jungle areas in the third world for logging and humans also moving into those areas to create farmland and then towns follow...).They then come into contact with viruses that humans have not been exposed to before or that only small pockets of indigenous people have(from animals in the area[e.g. bats]) and the virus then mutates and jumps to humans and voila....
Eating new animals that humans don't normally eat when moving into a new area also helps the jump.
Jaques had some very good ideas.

Warning SER8 you might be triggered by the webpage! :)

Warning SER8 you might be triggered by the webpage! :)
I'm concerned about what's in the moat. They don't disclose whether it's piranha, sharks or crocodiles.

I had a spare minute to check...the technical term is Zoonosis I believe.

Funny, the science of this.

Organism moves to a suitable 'host' that can sustain it and enable it to multiply relatively unhindered until it gets to the point that the 'host' is almost wasted, then has to move to another 'host', repeat.

That's the history of humans, a virus acts pretty much the same.

Last edited:
This new strain is now raging in the UK, so it wont be long before some worthwhile data comes forward to help us combat it. Their seems to be a lot of optimism from some experts who believe eventually in time it could be comparable to just catching a regular Flu. Crossing my fingers on this one..

Hey Slothfield you old useless flog of a reporter, where is a weeks rubbish journalism over this!!!!!

Two Canberra Raiders players and one staff member will be isolated for Christmas after testing positive to Covid 19.
Coach Ricky Stuart would not reveal who the players were but confirmed both players are vaccinated. The staff member is unvaccinated.

Organism moves to a suitable 'host' that can sustain it and enable it to multiply relatively unhindered until it gets to the point that the 'host' is almost wasted, then has to move to another 'host', repeat.

A truly successful organism sets up a long term relationship with its host from which both benefit. We could learn a lot from some of the bacteria in our gut.

I had a spare minute to check...the technical term is Zoonosis I believe.
Thanks Smokin. But I was more referring to the linking of 'overpopulation' with the virus. Been reading about Covid now for a couple of years but hadn't heard that before.

Is that you, Agent Smith?

Thanks Smokin. But I was more referring to the linking of 'overpopulation' with the virus. Been reading about Covid now for a couple of years but hadn't heard that before.
I knew you were,you are always on the lookout for misinformation about covid.
My reference was how these viruses will continue to occur partly because of overpopulation and the resulting human behaviour and how this one will not be the last.

Why? Because he does some poorly worded motivational posts on Facebook every now and then?
Because he has contributed to a premiership, and the boys are always super fit under the Don. Perhaps you'd prefer the sluggard who preceded him.

What successes have you brought to the club? Let's compare them to our head trainer, who you labeled a kook for being unvaccinated. Poorly worded Facebook posts, you say.

There was never much chance that the club was just thumbing their noses at the NRL. Donnie obviously has genuine reasons for being unvaccinated.
As someone who has been working in the vaccination space since March, I can assure all our dear readers that there are almost (repeat, almost) no reasons to remain un-vaccinated.

Perhaps Donnie has one of the extremely rare medical conditions which preclude him from receiving one of the current Covid-19 vaccines. I can't diagnose Donnie's medical history from watching him on TV, or from photos - and I don't know him personally, so I can't make any medical assumptions.

I do, however, hope that if he doesn't have one of the extremely rare medical conditions which preclude him from receiving one of the current vaccines - then, Donnie, justify your leadership role in our team and go and get vaccinated asap. Or your position - no matter how good at it you are - may be forfeit.

I'm sick of the off-field stuff that can derail a team - in this case our team. Police dramas/legal cases, contracts, personality conflicts, off-season 'injuries', ..............now 'I don't want to get vaccinated' dummy-spits. I do think that many other teams are worse in this regard than our Sea Eagles - perhaps we have Stephen Humphries to thank for a perceived decrease in 'dumb Manly' headlines in recent times. No doubt Stephen Humphries and Des have had some chats about this topic recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10