more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read a report here in Canada saying 90% of the population here will have caught this new variant by march..
It would be informative to know just how sick you become when you contract Omnicon. I'd imagine most of us contract the flu every year and that knocks you around for a few days, so how severe is Omnicon compared to the flu? Has a Covid-variant simply replaced what we used to call 'the flu'?

It would be informative to know just how sick you become when you contract Omnicon. I'd imagine most of us contract the flu every year and that knocks you around for a few days, so how severe is Omnicon compared to the flu? Has a Covid-variant simply replaced what we used to call 'the flu'?
Yes it has /will.
Just now we have less freedoms.

Perspective time ....

Too much of anything is no good including freedom

People can not be totally free to do as they like .

There must be standards and boundaries for the benefit of all

Other wise things would become out of control

1639701955607.png

Yes I agree. I hate to say it, but I don’t think we are going to see a lot (if any) games next year. I know that is a pessimist attitude, but I will take the medicos predictions over any politician (left or right) everyday of the week.
Still keeping optimistic, even though case numbers are peaking high now. We still have nearly 3 mths to go till kick off. But we need to start seeing a decline by the middle of Jan, otherwise it's another 2021 season all over again, with even more restrictions.

I think many aren’t having it because of that Democratic right , but they should have it like seat belts in cars.
It's the role of governments to govern even if it's unpopular to mandate vaccination, this thing isn't like Trump termed it no worse than the flu, this thing has the potential to terminate a huge number of the citizens and the reality is the government has a duty of care to all citizens, this is a war against nature and everything possible should be done to protect everyone regardless of what their perceived rights may be, just my opinion

And Exhibit 10,001 - Perrottet considers the health advice ... but decides not to follow it

Kerry Chant urges people to keep masks on in NSW as mandate scrapped and COVID-19 infections surge​

Perrottet is simply falling into line behind his federal party like Gladys before him, Victoria paid the price for Gladys's ignorance, you would have thought that lessons would have been learned

Mandatory mask wearing looks like it is being reintroduced or intended to in some isolated or select parts of Queensland today . Probably inevitable in other parts in coming weeks . Can 't just depend on high vaccination rates and whatever other practical and really not that difficult measures also if more restrictions can be avoided and that would apply to all states and territories . Politicians have got even more level of duty of care to keep their communities as safe as possible from the worst effects of the covid and definitely not to appease some ignorant , ill informed fringe groups who just can 't seem to accept that some reasonable level of community responsibility applies to them as well

CHOP CHOP NERDS ,Time for a proper vaccine and something that kills it off once and for all.
nerdy the passing zone GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
I don't think that will happen, generally viruses evolve - mutate extremely quickly and usually get less deadly, don't want to kill your host, but more virulent. Seems to be, and hopefully is, what's happening with this new variant/mutation. The vaccines mostly diminish the chances of death and severe sickness, as with flu vaccines in general. That's my take anyway.

You have a short term memory! Lol

https://vimeo.com/652449457?ref=em-share
EDIT - THIS LINK IS TO A PAGE BY ROBERT MALONE - His wikipedia entry states:
Robert Wallace Malone is an American virologist and immunologist. His work has focused on mRNA technology, pharmaceuticals, and drug repurposing research. During the COVID-19 pandemic, he has been criticized for promoting misinformation about the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccines.
Yep, there is so much bullsh1t around this virus that it ain't funny.

Last edited:
NSW going against health advice again. No masks, just letting them die.
It’s fkn unbelievable @manlyfan76. The border should never have been opened imo. Now not even a week since it’s been opened Qld are starting to post big numbers (especially Omicron).
What really infuriates me is that dickhead NSW premier basically throwing key restrictions out the door, and then quote , "We’ll just have to get used to it. " He said that a day after the border opened.

Thought I might start a new 2022 Covid thread to keep things fresh.

Its something none of us want to talk about but I'm really worried next season will be hugely affected by the new Omicron variant.

Over here in UK its taking hold like a tsunami and I can only imagine it will hit Australia with the same ferocity soon.

I'm sure many of you are all over the news but for perspective yesterday here in the UK we had 97000 positive omicron cases. Throughout this whole thing until now the number of positive tests peaked at around 65000 so to jump so high so quickly really has the UK spooked. Government is predicting 150000+ positive cases a day within 10 days.

Now I'm of the thought we need to see what happens with hospital rates and deaths but you would need to think the more that have it the more that die.

So coming back to the NRL I do wonder how they will handle it when numbers are high. Premier league here are getting positive cases all the time now in players and are pushing thru with testing and standing players down for 10 days so will be interesting to see if they try to shut the NRL down again.

Let's hope not. Our window is opening and we don't need more disruption this season.
The reality is that at this point in time trying to eradicate the virus is nearly impossible, if everyone on this planet, and I mean everyone, isolated for 3 to 4 weeks then there's a chance the virus might die off, however, what about any animals that may have been infected?, impossible to isolate them.
This is something we all have to live with until they can find a way to eradicate it like they did with smallpox and polio, let's just hope the current vaccines are still effective in preventing anything serious.
I would say that everyone will eventually have become exposed, so that may be a blessing ,if the current strain isn't as bad as the previous ones

I don't think that will happen, generally viruses evolve - mutate extremely quickly and usually get less deadly, don't want to kill your host, but more virulent. Seems to be, and hopefully is, what's happening with this new variant/mutation. The vaccines mostly diminish the chances of death and severe sickness, as with flu vaccines in general. That's my take anyway.
I read this article yesterday. And I have to say I was surprised by the graphic breakdown of the Omicron variant. It might not be as deadly (that’s still in debate), but spreads much quicker.
Also, it seems the Covid jabs struggle to stop it.
The scientists must be doing their head in. They seemingly plug one hole, only for a new variant to pop up.

European nation locks down amid Covid chaos

I thought you'd be interested in this article.

It's the role of governments to govern even if it's unpopular to mandate vaccination, this thing isn't like Trump termed it no worse than the flu, this thing has the potential to terminate a huge number of the citizens and the reality is the government has a duty of care to all citizens, this is a war against nature and everything possible should be done to protect everyone regardless of what their perceived rights may be, just my opinion
I agree with you %100. If people won't do the right thing willingly than - for their own good - they should be forced to comply. Let's not stop at Covid vaccinations however. Every year tobacco kills 24,000 Australians and 6,000 die from health conditions related to alcohol consumption. And yet - disgustingly - people can still buy cigarettes and alcohol. Do you know that 67% of Australians are overweight or obese and that 118 people die every single day from heart disease. And yet KFC can run adds glorifying how unhealthy their food is (I don't care, I love it). How many lives could we save by simply banning tobacco, alcohol and junk food, and making regular strenuous exercise compulsory.

By the way: we're not at war with nature we're at war with China. If we were at war with nature we'd be spending $100,000,000,000 on medical research and health facilities rather than on expanding the american Pacific Submarine Fleet.

It’s fkn unbelievable @manlyfan76. The border should never have been opened imo. Now not even a week since it’s been opened Qld are starting to post big numbers (especially Omicron).
What really infuriates me is that dickhead NSW premier basically throwing key restrictions out the door, and then quote , "We’ll just have to get used to it. " He said that a day after the border opened.
Thing is he's right to point. Just depends where thT point sits in our expectations. Australia couldn't keep the doors locked forever. At some point we do need to get used to it because its not going away any time soon.

I agree with you %100. If people won't do the right thing willingly than - for their own good - they should be forced to comply. Let's not stop at Covid vaccinations however. Every year tobacco kills 24,000 Australians and 6,000 die from health conditions related to alcohol consumption. And yet - disgustingly - people can still buy cigarettes and alcohol. Do you know that 67% of Australians are overweight or obese and that 118 people die every single day from heart disease. And yet KFC can run adds glorifying how unhealthy their food is (I don't care, I love it). How many lives could we save by simply banning tobacco, alcohol and junk food, and making regular strenuous exercise compulsory.

By the way: we're not at war with nature we're at war with China. If we were at war with nature we'd be spending $100,000,000,000 on medical research and health facilities rather than on expanding the american Pacific Submarine Fleet.
Good call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8