more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's no longer about the numbers according to some, but TBH we have had it so, so good up here. Next to zero restrictions and only 7 deaths total.
That’ll change I’m afraid.

And apparently the new variant is even more transmissible , and vaccines aren’t helping to stop getting it ( but are to reduce the severity ).

The Gold Coast is set to explode I reckon , especially as the vaccine rates on the Goldie are a fair bit behind the rest of SEQ.

That’ll change I’m afraid.

And apparently the new variant is even more transmissible , and vaccines aren’t helping to stop getting it ( but are to reduce the severity ).

The Gold Coast is set to explode I reckon , especially as the vaccine rates on the Goldie are a fair bit behind the rest of SEQ.
Even at 90% that means 1 in 4 of TOTAL population is not Vax.

Luckily 5 to 11 year olds have finished school this week and Vax is available for them early January?? If schools a We’re open for another month it could be really nasty. Only thing now is personal responsibility - mask up, hygiene, avoid crowds or/and unventilated venues. Xmas get togethers outside and get vaxed or get booster.
And when you are talking millions of people it’s huge numbers

I used to like Russell Brand. But wether it’s the drugs and booze, he’s lost the plot imo.
He’s turned into a lefty lunatic. Sourcing most of his misinformation from the home of leftist crap….The Guardian.
I think you’ve got bigger problems in the UK geezer. Sort out your own backyard.
Here’s the tosser in full flight.

Last edited:
And for political reasons that best medical advice has been ignored to one extent or another by all the various govts around the world that are grappling with the emergency,

And Exhibit 10,001 - Perrottet considers the health advice ... but decides not to follow it

Kerry Chant urges people to keep masks on in NSW as mandate scrapped and COVID-19 infections surge​

I used to like Russell Brand. But wether it’s the drugs and booze, he’s lost the plot imo.
He’s turned into a lefty lunatic. Sourcing most of his misinformation from the home of leftist crap….The Guardian.
I think you’ve got bigger problems in the UK geezer. Sort out your own backyard.

I remember at the start of covid he said he was stranded in Australia in outback Mullumbimby.

Unfortunately I can't see the NRL getting by next year without multiple disruptions to the comp. The players wouldn't be too happy about returning to a bubble while the rest of the country is 'living with the virus' in which case it's likely that plenty will get infected. The effect on the squads, the draw, and the TV contracts could be big, to say the least.

Maybe the N R L players will have to accept some " bumble " arrangements next season again if they want to get paid or their full contract pay . Could be more of a problem at ground admission level for unvaxed spectators . Won't necessary follow overseas trends but unfortunately the virus still has a mind of its own and how it then impacts in whatever form or effect in different societies .

Luckily 5 to 11 year olds have finished school this week and Vax is available for them early January?? If schools a We’re open for another month it could be really nasty. Only thing now is personal responsibility - mask up, hygiene, avoid crowds or/and unventilated venues. Xmas get togethers outside and get vaxed or get booster.
Booster for us 6th January.

We are probably going back to online / home delivery for food as pretty much that’s the only place we regularly go with lots of people.

We rarely go to a pub / club / restaurant any more and certainly my nightclub days are well and truly over.

My wife’s a diabetic so we need to be really really careful.

actually might be more of a problem with the reserve grade comp again or for players in the top 30 who would normally be available to drop back and if not required for i st grade but then can 't drop back with any possible restrictions prevailing . Maybe even 20 's . Just so hard to predict but obviously the N R L would be planning or trying to plan for any contingencies .

Just noticed this morning that the U K reported some 78 k covod cases for yesterday ,based on population comparisons , probably something like just over 30 k per day if the same infection rate was applied for Australia . Hopefully with the best health measures and practices and a hot Australian summer , can very markedly reduce covid infection rates here going forward . Not ideal news in Victoria and N S W today with the high numbers reported there , just no complacency or irresponsible outlook to also hopefully get the best outcome in Australia ..

I think you mistake 'the left'. It's the ultimate right winger Perrottet who seems happy for us all to die in the name of freedom.

Booster for us 6th January.

We are probably going back to online / home delivery for food as pretty much that’s the only place we regularly go with lots of people.

We rarely go to a pub / club / restaurant any more and certainly my nightclub days are well and truly over.

My wife’s a diabetic so we need to be really really careful.
10th Jan for us - just hoping borders remain open as we move up north 13/1

With restrictions lifted we need to take extra care. Modelling suggesting our infection rate may 25,000 per day by the end of January. So I'm keeping my mask on when I can.

Unfortunately I can't see the NRL getting by next year without multiple disruptions to the comp. The players wouldn't be too happy about returning to a bubble while the rest of the country is 'living with the virus' in which case it's likely that plenty will get infected. The effect on the squads, the draw, and the TV contracts could be big, to say the least.
It may not be the same but the NFL is having this issue,some teams are missing up to nearly half their starters this week who are having to isolate due to contracting the virus whilst some are almost intact.
Crazily enough it is the most even competition I can remember as teams are constantly losing players and fielding "reggies" to field teams.there are only a couple of teams that are having decent seasons.
Lol,Self Edit......just read the article,sorry did not read it first,was just responding to your comment.....

Last edited:
Yes I agree. I hate to say it, but I don’t think we are going to see a lot (if any) games next year. I know that is a pessimist attitude, but I will take the medicos predictions over any politician (left or right) everyday of the week.

Last edited:

I use to like him too. I now find him a right, hypocritical tosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4