more COVID discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
A great ‘old mate’ of mine was ‘Jimmy The Greek’ in the old wrestling days of the ‘70’s and they banned him because he refused to obey the masters in production.

I haven’t seen him for 5 years, but he was such a funny guy and limo driver to all that mattered.
He probably was around in the goold old "Brute Bernard" and "Ox Baker" days - some classics

Sorry do you mean in general or something specific? (a few different strands going on in this thread suddenly)

It was probably just his dinner time or something. He doesn’t post here every day, I'm sure he’ll be back

Besides, I don’t believe Cioran would ever be chased away by loud and aggressive posts on a forum. He likes the banter. He wanted a controversial discussion (he said he wanted steam to come out of my ears - well sometimes people get scalded by steam!) He's obviously sophisticated and very capable of debating a point.

On the other hand - if I really was so loud and aggressive as to hurt his feelings (personally, I don't think so) then I’m sorry I caused a premature end to your interesting discussion. (You can always use private messages if you don’t want interruptions.)
Yep,there's the sarcasm and mocking tone I was talking about......

Sorry do you mean in general or something specific? (a few different strands going on in this thread suddenly)
More than a few!

I mean that I go into these conversations / debates trying to understand the other point of view but not trying to change minds

Mark, I can't help but wonder how your above statements sit with your relentless attacks on Greta T. To be perfectly honest with you it's been really awful watching an old man relentlessly attack a young woman as you have.
Thank you for your input.

Yep,there's the sarcasm and mocking tone I was talking about......
Excuse me it’s hard to take seriously this idea that I attacked cioran. Did you even see his 1st comment to me? (#79) deliberately inflammatory, openly aiming to offend.

Whatever. Day 6 … OK, if he’s gone for good because of me, all I can say is I’m sorry. At least we’ll always have his posts. But let’s not give up hope, they found Cleo so anything’s possible.

Excuse me it’s hard to take seriously this idea that I attacked cioran. Did you even see his 1st comment to me? (#79) deliberately inflammatory, openly aiming to offend.

Whatever. Day 6 … OK, if he’s gone for good because of me, all I can say is I’m sorry. At least we’ll always have his posts. But let’s not give up hope, they found Cleo so anything’s possible.
It's all good,I think he was taking the piss/baiting and you fell for it......anyway it has been a long and tiring week and not just here on Silvertails.
Will be having a few Kilkenny Ales tonight and maybe even try some of my wifes new Baileys apple pie flavour.

In Covid news my old home town of Moree which has been Covid free for the whole time is now on deep strife.

The funeral last week of a young aboriginal guy who drowned trying to escape a police chase ( and body was only just found washed further down on the river system ) saw hundreds and hundreds come in from surrounding areas and Sydney.

Apart from the funeral they marched in protest through the Main Street , and then celebrated with some huge house parties that raged for days.

And the result is the town , through its own accord , is basically shut down trying to stop the spread.

40 cases just yesterday , and could be hundreds today.

And looks like the chances of us seeing our new grandson anytime soon have just been blown out of the water

It's all good,I think he was taking the piss/baiting and you fell for it......anyway it has been a long and tiring week and not just here on Silvertails.
Will be having a few Kilkenny Ales tonight and maybe even try some of my wifes new Baileys apple pie flavour.
I really miss getting the good stuff on tap - cans do not do it for me

In Covid news my old home town of Moree which has been Covid free for the whole time is now on deep strife.

The funeral last week of a young aboriginal guy who drowned trying to escape a police chase ( and body was only just found washed further down on the river system ) saw hundreds and hundreds come in from surrounding areas and Sydney.

Apart from the funeral they marched in protest through the Main Street , and then celebrated with some huge house parties that raged for days.

And the result is the town , through its own accord , is basically shut down trying to stop the spread.

40 cases just yesterday , and could be hundreds today.

And looks like the chances of us seeing our new grandson anytime soon have just been blown out of the water
Sorry to hear that , hope that the vaccination rate is at a reasonable level there.

Sorry to hear that , hope that the vaccination rate is at a reasonable level there.
Yes ( and this isn’t being racist at all) the vaccination rate in the non indigenous population is incredibly high , around 90% but sadly the indigenous population have been peddled the story that it’s “ white mans poison “ by the small minority of radicals and so they are largely unvaccinated.

More cases today there , all from the indigenous population.

It will devastate them , their immune systems are weak already , of any group of Australians that should have it they are up there with the 80/90 year olds.

Yes ( and this isn’t being racist at all) the vaccination rate in the non indigenous population is incredibly high , around 90% but sadly the indigenous population have been peddled the story that it’s “ white mans poison “ by the small minority of radicals and so they are largely unvaccinated.

It will devastate them , their immune systems are weak already , of any group of Australians that should have it they are up there with the 80/90 year olds.
Hopefully with the majority of N S W experiencing some better covid circumstances now , the authorities can provide the necessary resources and input to manage the situation . The indigenous and islander community in most parts of QLD to the best of my knowledge are integrated and connected quite well with the mainstream and have been for decades but still seems some hesitation and reluctance in some sections to accept the vaccine programme . May be some cultural consideration . Was casually talking to a local young indigenous lady last week and fairly well grounded but just said emphatically that she would not get vaccinated . Maybe should have encouraged her to look to the good points of getting the vaccines on offer but didn "t think it was really my place and would have just most likely ignored me in any case . Not sure if it is a typical outlook with her family or peer groups or whatever or in general but certainly a definite resistance which could still prove a problem down the track in some or most QLD communities

That's so sad Mark. Do they have elders who might get them on board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10