Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
The person who made public the name and photo of the guy who video'd the incident is just as bad as him.
He didn't know who Pearce was, had to get him on tape to identify himself as his degenerate behaviour could have resulted in physical or property damages.

Apparently Pearce originally said that he was another Rorters player.

Don't shoot the messenger.
The guy with the phone wasn't directing Pearce. Plus Pearce spoke directly at the camera, so no surprise to him that he was on record being 'Mitch'

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
HM I think you may be confusing the bloke who videoed it with the bloke who made public the name and photo of the bloke who videoed it (which I think bones post was about)..

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The diverse thoughts on here are really interesting, it seems you are either in the " poor little Mitch" corner or the " **** Pearce let's crucify the bastard" corner.

Whatever your calling it's been 17 interesting pages of reading , some might say better than the Foran epic thread ( which I think will back before we play them).

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You say you don't take a side but you have, in effect. By telling us we shouldn't be talking about it, haven't you aligned yourself with the side which says it's no big deal, leave Mitch alone?

Worse, you attack people who are interested to follow the story, all "the miserable bastards that keep clicking" as you put it. You think we should be thinking and talking about something else.

By the way, who exactly are you to tell us what we should think about? Now you want thought police? (I'm sure you don't but that seems the thrust of your logic)

And you know what, maybe the story resonates because nearly everyone's had to deal with or at least has witnessed first-hand the impact of drunk men at some stage?

You caught me out , you are a succesful sleuth. My name is james which nearly rhymes with mitchell when you are pissed and dry humping a poodle. As a result i want his babies ,( the poodles not mitchells) and a apology from putin, obama and the good ship lolli pop, but seriously
As consumers we should set the bar higher . Our sports journalists confirm we dont. Its often a topic on here. To me this is just another example.Stop clicking on rubbish and they will stop putting rubbish up.this is a story but the proportion is way out of whack. My opinion.

You follow this with all the passion and vigour you wish, and i will continue to frown from afar

As for my attack, I forget my keyboard was in kill mode. I ve just reset it to stun to match my feelings

Enjoy your thing

Stick a fork in me, im done. I only come here for the sausage rolls

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That may be the case but the world has changed, you can't go back so try have to deal with the reality of the world as it is. Adapt and change. That's the basis of life. They can't cling to how it used to because it's not.
Excuse me, old bastard here, desperately clinging to the way it used to be.@;)

tookey

First Grader
Pearce should be sentenced to 12 months voluntary work with the RSPCA but is not allowed to touch the animals while he is there.

That would be torture for him

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Pearce can't even claim "the good old days" because he's 26 - this current era is all he's known and what he's come up in!

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Really? quote, "It was a low act to film it" were your words were they not, how many ways can that be interpreted?

And you get from that:

It's the right of every man to get drunk and bully and abuse people (usually women) behind closed doors

A bit of a leap don't you think? For the record my view is that Pearce behaved like an ass - it was totally inappropriate (I think that goes without saying really), but Pearce's behaviour wasn't the topic of my comment. I was commenting on the bloke who filmed it, who I think did the wrong thing.

If he was really concerned about how his female friends were being treated, how is videoing the thing an appropriate response? He filmed it because he thought it was funny and, perhaps afterwards, he thought he could make a quick buck out of it and take down Pearce. That's a lie act in my view. I would not even thought about doing that if I was in the same situation.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
What it comes down to for me is that if Brett Stewart was given a 4 week suspension and hung out to dry by the NRL for doing nothing more than keeping to himself after a few beers and weathering a false accusation, then Pearce deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered. Especially since he has form.

At the very least I don't want to see him anywhere near the Blues team ever again. I'd prefer if the Roosters actually held on to him though. He's a liability and I'd prefer he was taking up their cap whilst simultaneously serving a heavy suspension.

If I hear one more " what about poor Brett Stewart" I will die. Off course he got ryally screwed. But given that critique back then, Pearce should be sacked, simple as that

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I couldn't give two shts about Pearces' drunken escapades.

Im more interested why he needs to leave the country to get help for his alleged issues, whilst conveniently avoiding any possible drug test.

Are there no rehab clinics in Australia?
If my face was splashed all over every news bulletin and newspaper, I would want to skip the country until the dust settles too!

Rex

Bencher
Wow, we are certainly are a bunch of judgemental souls.
You do realise, don't you, that you are being judgemental in saying that? i.e. doing exactly what you're condemning others for.

There are two types of conversations:
1. Arguments
2. Enquiries

I'm hearing you only see this through an argument lens - and want the "argument" shut down because you disagree with what's said. No room for enquiry here.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18