Mitchell Pearce Aus Day Scandal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
All will be well now he's "headed off overseas to dodge drug testing for rehab."

I wonder where? Bali? Cancun?

Maybe Newfoundland and Labrador?

Forgive my cynicism regarding his current apology and the genuineness of this stint in rehab. Actually don't....it's well founded.
Yes, classic cover up from old uncle Nick. Get him out of the country so the media storm dies and he can't be drug tested. His whereabouts won't be known until it's completely out of his system. Let's face it, there isn't a single medical professional in Australia capable of such treatment.

This seems only fair because none of this is Pearces fault, it's all been caused by that Jack bloke that filmed him...........the bastard.........:banghead:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
From what I'd heard which lead to my initial comment about him and coke, he was quite open about his drug use. Like he totally didn't give a ****. Above the law, everyone's doing it, yada yada...

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I hear the doctor treating him's called Moreau, he lives on an island by himself. He's on the cusp of introducing a whole new breed of dog. Pearce may leave a Australia a Rooster but he'll come back a Rootser.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Why not? People can judge him the same way they judged Mitchell. It was a low act to film it and sell it imo.
Exactly. It's the right of every man to get drunk and bully and abuse people (usually women) behind closed doors and it's a very low act to try to make this public. I wonder if Mitch can sue that scumbag who filmed him?

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Mitchell Pearce would have woken up to another day of treating other people exactly how he wanted had the person who filmed the video not handed out a life lesson.

Humiliation is the best form of wake up call. Dont tell me the guy dry rooting a dog and pissing on a ladies couch while refusing to leave her premises would even have a second thought of getting into his Roosters sponsored car and running red lights, killing your family.

There would be no video had Mitchel been a decent person so to place the blame at the feet of the person who filmed his actions is poor form. Do we honestly think things would change for the young man if it was all covered up?

Forget football, money, pride for just one second and think about Mitchel as a man and that lady as our daughter/sister?

One day when Mitchel is older and wiser (hopefully) he will be grateful that someone stepped in and clipped him over the ear (Wayne clearly hasn't done it).

The repercussions of Drug and Alcohol abuse can be so much worse than whats happening to him now.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wow, we are certainly are a bunch of judgemental souls. Mitchells behaviour was not classy, and he probably needs some grounding in life from people close to him, certainly not the internet or a news site.

Many women would appreciate the support while many others would say i can handle my own ****, im no shrinking violet, step off as this is a form of sexism as well , believing the woman must be protected, she may be able to handle this herself.very little has be heard from the woman and i presume this is by her choice. Does anyone know how she actually feels . This constant barrage does not help the victim one little bit, when essentially on here its not about equality its about another footy team.issues shouldnt overlap

There are so many issues in the world, weather change,poverty, war, a deadly virus and this has dominated headlines for days because as a nation of sad sapping do gooders, people keep clicking. Somehow this is important. Lets get some perspective and move on and let people get back to their lives,

This is not really our business although the societal issue surely is and wont be tackled by feeding the media dollars by constantly clicking on. The medias job is not to inform but to make money and we are feeding the trolls.

If you have a passion to see change there are many avenues to persue this . Chest beating and smashing eachother is achieving nothing positive but fostering a really poor part of our society. You may think your intentions are good and they probably are but all you are really doing is promoting a culture in australia that fixes nothing but lines meadia pockets. This will ensure more of the same in the future.

With elec news sites its now very easy for them to determine what brings people back.its really sad for our country that this is the stuff that makes us click. Is this the male version of womans weekly. Have i just committed a sexist crime by saying that. Who knows. Judge me

we have so much to be thankful for in this country but still choose to run people down to make us feel better. He has acted poorly and he will feel the impact, but are we part of the punishment

tookey

First Grader
From what I'd heard which lead to my initial comment about him and coke, he was quite open about his drug use. Like he totally didn't give a ****. Above the law, everyone's doing it, yada yada...
coke use is so widespread that the cops don't include it in their roadside drug testing as they are aftraid of taking most drivers off the road particurly in Liberal areas such as the northern beaches and eastern suburbs

Whether pearce is suspended for at least 12 months wll come down to whether the NRL is stronger than politis.

if Pearce does not receive at least 12 months ban from NRL then Politis has won the battle of who runs the NRL My money is on Grant having his pants down around his ankles

midsteyne

loyal forever
what part of pearces role model status dont people get,he is a serial f**ckup,shouldnt drink,period,remember its not us adults!!! that will see it and go,gee its ok to behave like a moron,its the young blokes,until he is exorcised of his demons he shouldnt be in the public eye

Shoe1

Journey Man
A drug test swoop on the roosters would be in order right now. MP left the country last night, but the rest of them are still here.

Rex

Bencher
I would not have felt disrespected. Flattered actually :) I am kidding but I would not have been up in arms about it. Anyway this is all moot as we view the situation differently. Maybe I need to watch the video again as I may have missed something. As I said before I have my opinion and you have yours. Some people agree with me and some agree with you. You are not going to change my opinion and I am not going to change yours.
I hear you're rigidly fixed into a position. At least you're aware of it.
If you're looking to second guess her thoughts you've missed the point. Pearce thinks when a girl says no to his sexual advance that it means yes. She was so impressed when he did it she turned her back on him and walked away.

Do you also think when a girl says no that it means yes for you?

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wow, we are certainly are a bunch of judgemental souls. Mitchells behaviour was not classy, and he probably needs some grounding in life from people close to him, certainly not the internet or a news site.

Many women would appreciate the support while many others would say i can handle my own ****, im no shrinking violet, step off as this is a form of sexism as well , believing the woman must be protected, she may be able to handle this herself.very little has be heard from the woman and i presume this is by her choice. Does anyone know how she actually feels . This constant barrage does not help the victim one little bit, when essentially on here its not about equality its about another footy team.issues shouldnt overlap

There are so many issues in the world, weather change,poverty, war, a deadly virus and this has dominated headlines for days because as a nation of sad sapping do gooders, people keep clicking. Somehow this is important. Lets get some perspective and move on and let people get back to their lives,

This is not really our business although the societal issue surely is and wont be tackled by feeding the media dollars by constantly clicking on. The medias job is not to inform but to make money and we are feeding the trolls.

If you have a passion to see change there are many avenues to persue this . Chest beating and smashing eachother is achieving nothing positive but fostering a really poor part of our society. You may think your intentions are good and they probably are but all you are really doing is promoting a culture in australia that fixes nothing but lines meadia pockets. This will ensure more of the same in the future.

With elec news sites its now very easy for them to determine what brings people back.its really sad for our country that this is the stuff that makes us click. Is this the male version of womans weekly. Have i just committed a sexist crime by saying that. Who knows. Judge me

we have so much to be thankful for in this country but still choose to run people down to make us feel better. He has acted poorly and he will feel the impact, but are we part of the punishment

You'll hear from her ....in about a week/two weeks....Woman's Day....$60-$80k I'm guessing. Oh it was just terrible, terrible I say...Jack old boy whip us up another pitcher of G&T's will you lad.....cpl lineys wouldn't go astray either with the vals ....yes where were we....arrgh Bella....poor thing....she's in rehab too....ptmd.....(post traumatic Mitch disorder).

Mitchell Pearce would have woken up to another day of treating other people exactly how he wanted had the person who filmed the video not handed out a life lesson.

Humiliation is the best form of wake up call. Dont tell me the guy dry rooting a dog and pissing on a ladies couch while refusing to leave her premises would even have a second thought of getting into his Roosters sponsored car and running red lights, killing your family.

There would be no video had Mitchel been a decent person so to place the blame at the feet of the person who filmed his actions is poor form. Do we honestly think things would change for the young man if it was all covered up?

Forget football, money, pride for just one second and think about Mitchel as a man and that lady as our daughter/sister?

One day when Mitchel is older and wiser (hopefully) he will be grateful that someone stepped in and clipped him over the ear (Wayne clearly hasn't done it).

The repercussions of Drug and Alcohol abuse can be so much worse than whats happening to him now.
Good post mate. He is also 27 not 20. He has been protected and sheltered his whole life. It's quite sad really. What is sadder is the general feelings of the "typical" league fans out there who say "no problem" Getting clobbered at points of your life helps you to grow up. Who knows if Mitchell is capable from seeing the forest from the trees on this. He got busted-sack him and move on

I am no PC fan and cannot stand the media's over the top depiction of all this. But Pearce is a 27 yo man who signed a contract clearly spelling out to him what " bringing the game into disrepute" means and what the consequences were for failure to honour. He thought he was untouchable that night with his boofhead mates acting as his cheerleading squad. Guess what-he got busted! It doesn't matter how sinister his actions were or were not, he got owned by somebody there that had had a gutfull of his BS. Mitchell needs to take it like a man. He needs his contract torn up.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This is not really our business

Really have to wonder at what motivates some of the Pearce apologists.
This is not a complex issue (despite the red-herrings thrown up by the Pearce apologists), there are only 2 sides!

One side has Mitchell Pearce (with a prior history of harassing a female when drunk) supported by good ole mate Liam Roach (google 'Drunkest man in Thailand')

The other side has a woman who didn't want to put up with obnoxious drunken Pearce in her own home.

Both camps have merit (lol), but really they are the only two sides in this sorry affair. Choose one.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Garts

First Grader
I hear you're rigidly fixed into a position. At least you're aware of it.
If you're looking to second guess her thoughts you've missed the point. Pearce thinks when a girl says no to his sexual advance that it means yes. She was so impressed when he did it she turned her back on him and walked away.

Do you also think when a girl says no that it means yes for you?

As i said we have a difference of opinion on the matter. I hardly think what he did was the crime of the century. I am not bothered getting into a debate with someone on the internet about it. I am more outraged with things that deserve it. i.e. players who bash women etc.

Jerry1

First Grader
joey johns got fired for less recently. That's the difference when you work for a real company in a real job.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14