• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2020 such a bad year in more ways than 1. I must have had our signings all over the place from the outset, As I would have wagered plenty that we only had a spot for Harper after Sam Smith vacated a spot to move back home to Gladstone with his girly friend expecting?
You're right - it got confusing with players leaving (Musgrove, Smith) and others elevated from development contracts etc

I know during the last 4-5 games when we were totally gone we had no chance of getting into the 8 and probably no chance of coming last but you’d have to say , watching the pressers , that’s the least animated I’ve ever seen Des.

Was that just the realisation we were ****ed or was it no longer giving a **** ????

Yes I’ll support that BUT as I’ve said numerous times , Des flew “ under the Radar “ this year with so many other coaches under more pressure than him BUT without a doubt Des is absolute top of the list under pressure for 2021.

Yes I’ll give him some rope , but favourite son or not if he sticks with the side we have ( plus Davey / Foran ) , plays the same loyalty card **** each week and we end up languishing in 15th/16th spot all year then heads should roll , after all as we’ve been told “ it’s a results driven business”.
We all agree that Des is under pressure next season
We also all know that Des is a Manly Champion and Champions always rise under pressure
So lets get behind Des with confidence feathered friends !!!
w784_h784_fcrop.jpg

Gees..... there were a lot of people on here talking up Hoppa over the past 6 months!

I know he was coming back from 2 ACL's in 2 years. But after all the hype, after all the BS, unfortunately Hoppa Mk.IV showed very, very little to say that he is a must pick for future first grade sides.

Abbas Miski showed more in his limited game time this year (3 games, twice starting) than Albert Hopoate did in his 5 games (4 starts). I'm not saying Abbas is a must pick for the first choice XIII, but he's a handy backup to have should he be needed.

For mine, if Albert Hopoate was playing for a contract extension/upgrade ... he failed. And lets face it ... the ONLY reason he was brought back and even played was because first and foremost, we'd almost run out of fit to play outside backs. And second was the threat that he would leave the club permanently.

That was probably the only time in 2020 that one of our wingers received the ball in open space

With every other opportunity the ball died with a second rower who took the tackle instead of passing it

That was my complaint about those who bagged Garrick this year. He caught more colds out on the right then he did balls that were passed to him, largely because it got to either Siro or Suli and went no further. More often than not, unless DCE threw a cut out pass to him (rare enough this year as well), the only time he saw the ball was on kick returns or early tackle hit ups. And those hit ups have proved to be probably the weakest part of his game. Very very rarely we got to see him in open space in 2020.

The guy is easily our fastest winger, yet Jorge, not just our slowest winger but arguably the slowest full time winger in the NRL, saw more of it on the left than Garrick did.

Last edited:
True. Do you put that down to bad coaching or selfish players?

IMO ... selfish players.

Siro almost always likes to cut back inside, when he's not playing unders with DCE that is. And Suli? I think he started believing his own hype about being a tackle breaker and thought he was going to do that every time he got the ball. Problem was that it happened maybe 1-2 times out of 10, the rest he died with the ball.

It would have to be coaching, surely... And if it is down to selfish playing, it should be the coach/coaching staff who fix it.

It's frustrating as Garrick has pace, and is a decent finisher... but 90% of the time he only seems to be given the ball in our own 20 metre zone, off a slow play-the-ball, to do a hit up. And then we wonder why he looks worse than he did in 2019.

Bingo

As well as having a healthier pay packet, I am sure Abbas will score a lot of tries with the London Broncos. Hope he does well!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4