• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SirPigman

POPULAR MANLY WINGER ON BRINK OF NEW DEAL
He only played three games for Manly this year, but bearded winger Abbas Miski is already established as a fan favourite with the Brookvale faithful.

And the strongly-built winger, who bagged two tries in those three appearances, is close to signing a new deal with the Sea Eagles.

With Brendan Elliot released, Albert Hopoate yet to decide his future and lingering questions over Tom Trbojevic's long-term fitness, Manly could be a little skinny out wide in 2021 and that's where Miski could prove handy.

Found at link below.

last thing we need is a short slow winger.
He is listed as 182 cm & 100 kg. He is not super fast, but is also not slow. In his NSW Cup highlights, he scores several long range tries. If you remember, his first try in the NRL against the Warriors in Round 20 was quite impressive - see the video below @ 2:05. In his first ever NRL game against the Broncos last year, he was over the line three times and was denied on each occasion. In that game, he also made a long line break from inside the Manly twenty. I am not saying he is a star player, but certainly appears to be a reliable first grader, or at worst a good backup. I would much prefer Miski on the left wing over Taufua or Funa (IMO a centre, not a winger).

He is listed as 182 cm & 100 kg. He is not super fast, but is also not slow. In his NSW Cup highlights, he scores several long range tries. If you remember, his first try in the NRL against the Warriors in Round 20 was quite impressive - see the video below @ 2:05. In his first ever NRL game against the Broncos last year, he was over the line three times and was denied on each occasion. In that game, he also made a long line break from inside the Manly twenty. I am not saying he is a star player, but certainly appears to be a reliable first grader, or at worst a good backup. I would much prefer Miski on the left wing over Taufua or Funa (IMO a centre, not a winger).
I agree he isn’t a bad backup, but if he is a starter we will not win a comp with him there. As we saw this year speed is more important than previous years. Just look at the likes of the storm, rabbits, roosters ect all of these had big fast wingers.

I just can't see how or why we need him in the 30 (if that's where we signed him) how many bloody outside backs do we need? Although I do like him, he seems to be one of those players thst just has an ability to create things for himself.
Suli
Walker
Parker
Garrick
Funa
Harper
Ben. T
Taufua
Hoppa?
Saab?
Miski now...
That's up to 11 players to fill 4 spots in the team... That's way too many. At least 2 or 3 of these players won't be here next year!!!

I just can't see how or why we need him in the 30 (if that's where we signed him) how many bloody outside backs do we need? Although I do like him, he seems to be one of those players thst just has an ability to create things for himself.
Suli
Walker
Parker
Garrick
Funa
Harper
Ben. T
Taufua
Hoppa?
Saab?
Miski now...
That's up to 11 players to fill 4 spots in the team... That's way too many. At least 2 or 3 of these players won't be here next year!!!
Maybe strike Hoppa and Garrick frm the list and it makes a little more sense.

Miski is no game breaker and is past the age for a development contract surely.

If the Mole is correct he would be in the 30, lots of work to be done on finalising the 30 and development players for 2021.

Surprised that Miski is part of the forward thinking for 2021.

Miski showed a bit of toe to score that long range try in that clip

Suli
Walker
Parker
Garrick
Funa
Harper
Ben. T
Taufua
Hoppa?
Saab?
Miski now...
I like how you look at this. How many do we need?
This takes me back to the kangaroos of the 1970's, they selected two teams =26 players plus 4 utility players. I reckon that is how we need to structure the squad.

I just can't see how or why we need him in the 30
I guess Miski is taking one of the places left by Elliott or Metcalf (both released). Maybe we'll import another outside back such as Saab. Not wishing ill for Jorge, but I hope he doesn't take one of the wing spots next year. I am quite positive that we will have a revitalised side with Walker, Turbo & Suli (later) returning plus Foran, Schuster, Haumole, Paseka and others.

Burbo development spot?
Burbo is in the current development squad

2020 Top 30

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7