Micheal Maquire on Matty Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyone but Cartwrong. Maguire is exactly what we need but I think we are long long odds to get him.

Bitc$ Barrett hopefully gets the arse today, with his attitude there is no way you want this little crying man baby near the playing group..

A bit of devils advocate here

Would we be happy with a 12th place finish ? Those are McGuires results from his last 2 campaigns with the Rabbits, who are now running top 4 with the same squad

Not saying I wouldn't take him, but there are some Rose coloured glasses about his recent results. He is probably the best free agent going round though

I think his hard ass, flog em training style has a shelf life.

I think he is perfect for a 3 year stint then he moves on

I don't think Bennett is going anywhere until the end of 2019 and will probably get his extension now that the Broncos are playing well. So we may be a chance with Maguire who sounds like he is promoting himself and wants a gig for 2019. Maguire or Henry would have to be the sensible choice.
What planet have you been living on?
The club and Barrett have both agreed the position is untenable
He is goornne? The garden furniture is packed.:D

To confirm our next coach we need to send undercover Silvertails to stake out the backyards of those available. Once we see a trailer with a desk, cleaning materials and garden chairs, the speculation will be over.
We can only hope he can also bring some attack and defence, and a ban on strip joints and punch ups.

I don't think Bennett is going anywhere until the end of 2019 and will probably get his extension now that the Broncos are playing well. So we may be a chance with Maguire who sounds like he is promoting himself and wants a gig for 2019. Maguire or Henry would have to be the sensible choice.
Sorry @Tragic-Eagles I misread your post.
Back to my planet. We have blue milk and purple oranges.;)

Even if we don't get Maguire, I fantasise about his job interview with Penn where he explains his wariness to get involved with a club that has train wreck ownership. I expect he'd be quite forthcoming.

Even if we don't get Maguire, I fantasise about his job interview with Penn where he explains his wariness to get involved with a club that has train wreck ownership. I expect he'd be quite forthcoming.
Be even better when the Penn tries to low ball him and he says FU and walks out.

A bit of devils advocate here

Would we be happy with a 12th place finish ? Those are McGuires results from his last 2 campaigns with the Rabbits, who are now running top 4 with the same squad

Not saying I wouldn't take him, but there are some Rose coloured glasses about his recent results. He is probably the best free agent going round though

True, but they had climbed the mountain and edge was somewhat gone and don't forget he lost both Teo and Burgess for 2015 who were arguably their forward leaders from the previous two seasons.
In his six years there they made the semis 4 times.
He's an intense character so the Souths hierachy probably did the right thing by moving him on with the job done as they needed a refresh.

Out of all the names being bandied about he'd be my choice but the $$$ he would most likely command plus his support staff would rule him out I'd say.

Bennett is ZERO chance of staying on with Brisbane beyond 2019. ...even that is shaky.

So don't pin your hopes on Maguire not going to Brisbane because of a change in Bennett's situation.

These coaches are paid more than Prime Minister Morrison who has an even bigger basket case to fix up. And I'm not talking about the Cronulla Sharks.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8