Micheal Maquire on Matty Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's my number one pick and I didnt even see the interview you're talking about.

If you can take souths to a premiership and their first in 30 odd years, you know your ****.

He would fix just about eveything we are lacking and has the balls to demand what we dont have, without making it an excuse.

Hear, hear.

* He stated it's about people all pulling in the same direction.

* He said facilities / resources aren't important, people are.

* He said he'd consider the job if offered.

Scott Penn, sell our club culture to this man. Get him (and imagine his Kiwi International contacts now), including development players.

Let's invest in the future right now if you're not interested in Toovey or Hasler.

If this imposter Cartwright gets the gig along with the bully Ferris, good luck. I guess they can discuss their strategies then up the pub, on the piss.

Yep, agree he was very articulate and confident in what he knows. While he didn't shut the door on Manly, some of the comments he made about what he is looking for made me think Manly have little to no chance... He said that resources (ie; demountables and plastic garden chairs) were not important to winning, but the people throughout the organisation were key, from top to bottom. And leadership throughout the organisation. I have a feeling he would not like what he sees at Manly one bit

The Penns would need one compelling plan and be able to sell it to him

Last edited:
He’s off to Brisbane by the sound of that Big money , good roster. It’s always been the job everyone wants yet no one has made it work up there for a decade despite their Friday draw, TPAs and big paychecks.
Which fits into what he said. People not resources make a club.
Pity, He fits the profile of who we need right now.I think he’s be with us if no broncos. Gus and Madge would be a powder keg. He’s the only coach out there with options. Would have been nice to snare him.

Last edited:
He reminded me a little of Hasler the way he was saying when he was with the bunnies in 2014, all the players were playing for one another and they had a really good feeling, were just confident they were going to win the GF.

Also how hard he works, spends a lot of time with each player, not just with their game but outside of football, with the common goal to win a GF. Then he spends extra time with the juniors as well. He seems very knowledgeable, passionate and an astute mind of the game, plus has spent time in the Melbourne system. He demands success but also has a people side to him.

Very well spoken and motivating. He would be great. We have so much young talent that just needs better coaching!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8