Michael MacGuire

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
My thoughts go out to him, what a terrible day for the bloke

Can't imagine what it must be like to be preparing for the biggest day of your coaching career and get the sad news of your mother passing

Huge effort for him to even turn up there tonight, the game of footy must have felt irrelevant and it would have been a blow to the players as well

Kiwi Eagle said:

Can't imagine what it must be like to be preparing for the biggest day of your coaching career and get the sad news of your mother passing

Huge effort for him to even turn up there tonight, the game of footy must have felt irrelevant and it would have been a blow to the players as well

Well said mate!

That is one strong effort and I feel for the guy. I lost my mum at a young age and know how tough it is to deal with.

Says a lot about the kinda guy he is. Not many would be able to get back up from that. Condolences to his family.

Condolences to Michael MacGuire and to every one else that have lost their mum . Sorry to hear

I lost my own mum just over 4 months ago so on that side of things I know a little bit about what he's going through right now, as it seems do a few others on here.

As happy as I am about Manly winning and being in another GF, my condolences go out to Michael MacGuire and his family. Its something I wish none of us ever had/has to go through.

I felt sorry for him at the end of the game. Now I know the sad news I feel doubly sorry. A GF qualifier is a bad loss but losing your mum puts it in perspective. Condolences, thoughts and prayers are with you Michael.

silver said:
That is one strong effort and I feel for the guy. I lost my mum at a young age and know how tough it is to deal with.

Agree 100%. I lost my mum at 44 and it was still tough.

Felt very sorry for Michael. Puts a game of football into stark perspective.

I respect him for just being there tonight. Losing your mother is probably one of the worst things that can happen and takes along time to come to terms with. I truly feel for the guy he seems like a good bloke

Well said everyone. Madge can hold his head high today, massive effort to get to ANZ stadium & coach his team after losing his Mum.

My condolences to the maguire family. Been a rough day for michael. I do feel for him, must be tough.

yeah thats terrible to find out. Reminded me of when poor old Glen Hall had a stillborn baby on a GF qualifier and we got pumped.

the mood in the camp must have been flat. They started with so much emotion probably to win for their coach but couldnt maintain that for 80 minutes.

Condolences to Madge and his family.

Kiwi Eagle said:

well said Kiwi,this only sport,nothing can prepare for the loss of a loved one,especially when its your mother,my condolences to the Macguire family

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2