Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

Boys, then love the club but understand that player and officials and coaches are paid professionals. Cycles come and go, this one may or not be over, but for every good manly man we may have lost there has always been someone to step into their shoes. I've seen 4gf wins in my lifetime, not getting complacent but that's pretty awesome in my book. We just won a comp, let's stop whinging!

RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

You're right and I've seen them all. At least one each decade and we've got one for the 20teens. There will be plenty more to come. I'm looking forward to the Toovs era, followed by the Beaver era. The King is dead, long live the King.

Ceagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
9 pages and wow. I said that they were "reports" not confirmation, wait until we hear official word then go nuts.

Edit your settings to. 50 per page, easier to navigate
How do i do that?

http://forums.silvertails.net/usercp.php?action=options

The thing people aren't considering here, is that we have open opportunities for new people to try and show their talents in different roles.

Never know, Manly could uncover the next big thing in regards to a player recruitment officer. Maybe Perry could use his networks, and snare us some of his old Dragons mates. That club tends to have a really good core of young guys coming through.

Geoff Toovey starts with an almost brand new fresh slate. The exciting thing here, is that we almost have an entirely new start. Lets hope (without the cheating), Toovey can institute a mentality like Bellamy, his coaching staff & their recruitment policy officers down south.

See how quickly their systems turned into a very succesful outfit. I reckon we could do the same. I DO feel sorry though for some of The Bulldogs existing staff. They'd be very concerned that the blade may be coming down on THEIR heads (just prior to christmas) should Dessie encourage more of his staff over. Must be a GREAT place to be working over there at present.

In the Manly Daily now

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/another-eagle-flies/

:(

Look I suppose one of the attractions from Dariel Cloyd's perspective is that he will be in closer proximity to the M5/M7 out at Belmore and therefore an easier escape out to Brokeback Mountain (near Crackenback Mountain) on his huntin' and a fishin' and a fightin' trips with fellow good ol' boys Bozo and Killer...

eagles2win said:
Life goes on

Exactly - onward and upward. If no-one got upset, we could just talk about footy, and what opportunities this club OF OURS has for new potential.

Phantar said:
Look I suppose one of the attractions from Dariel Cloyd's perspective is that he will be in closer proximity to the M5/M7 out at Belmore and therefore an easier escape out to Brokeback Mountain (near Crackenback Mountain) on his huntin' and a fishin' and a fightin' trips with fellow good ol' boys Bozo and Killer...

It's Norius Cloyd. Gt it right. :p

Berkeley_Eagle said:
In the Manly Daily now

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/another-eagle-flies/

:(

Your a bit late scoop, already posted, post #103

Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

I was always under the impression that Cleal had signed and found kerian Foran, the stewart brothers, wolfman.

I just expected some of these boys to be his key finds.

bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.

I agree with a lot of your ideas but not this. You are saying anyone who ever comes to work for Manly, in a paid career/employment type capacity, can never leave until the club sacks them. If they do they will be despised and abused as traitors or similar...
Is that really what you mean?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.

I agree with a lot of your ideas but not this. You are saying anyone who ever comes to work for Manly, in a paid career/employment type capacity, can never leave until the club sacks them. If they do they will be despised and abused as traitors or similar...
Is that really what you mean?

Not at all. The question was raised 'what would we supporters do if we were offered a motza?' , and I was simply trying to point out that it is different for supporters because we are not employees. Supporters pay , but Employees are paid so the comparison doesn't really work. Dessie, crusher and any player are free to go to which ever club they choose. That's their right. However it is also the right of a supporter to be filthy about it if they want.

Scenario:

It's July 2015, Des is now in his 3rd year at Belmore. Things haven't gone as hoped and the Critically-Blandtown Dishlickers have finished no higher than 5th (in 2014) since Des joined (to much fanfare in late 2012) and appear headed for no better than 8th-9th in 2015.

Odd Spleenturd and the board at Belmore decide to terminate Des's contract, and after being rebuffed by two-time (2013-14) Manly premiership winning coach Geoff Toovey, decide to settle for perennial no-hoper Ricky Stuart for 2016 and beyond. Jim Dymock has already accepted an offer to coach Parramatta as things didn't work out for Nathan Brown there, who took over from the perennially lacklustre Stephen Kearney in 2014.

Dariel Cloyd followed Des to Belmore, out of a sense of gratitude for all the tackling the latter had done on his behalf, during their halcyon days at Brookvale back in the the 80s. The house at Frenchs' Forest was sold some time back and Dariel and his wife have had to make do with an ex-Housing Commission 'renovator's dream' in Nonwinner Crescent in Sunnyvale (near Riverwood Heights*), right next to the 'Sunnyvale Assassins' clubhouse. Things are looking distinctly dire for Des's old offsider.

Where does Norius/Dariel Cloyd go from here?

* Actually a couple of 8-storey Housing Commission blocks of flats

A poor decision Cleal will regret. Hope the cancer stops with him because if Des can influence Cleals decision it makes good sense others will be in 2 minds also.
The part about chasing business opportunity does not wash well for me as the wind blows both ways & these guys have been handed a pretty good footy team to look after & wages that most would be content with. If you change jobs & Westpac offers more wages then Commonwealth its fair game to do the best for family & personal growth but in footy its different - its tribal & unites people far & wide. It involves mateship & the bonding of all those loyal supporters who have backed these guys in the sunshine & the rain. There is still some honour & loyalty in this world & this is why Beaver knocked back twice the carrot to stay at Manly & I have little doubt Toovey would never coach against the Seaeagles in the future.
Des & Noel will be remembered as people who done their jobs professionally & got results but for mine - the stigma of Manly legends was gone the moment the ink left the pen.

Disappointing but life goes on, I cant see him doing us any favours before he goes, any thoughts on who might replace him?

MK Eagle said:
A poor decision Cleal will regret. Hope the cancer stops with him because if Des can influence Cleals decision it makes good sense others will be in 2 minds also.
The part about chasing business opportunity does not wash well for me as the wind blows both ways & these guys have been handed a pretty good footy team to look after & wages that most would be content with. If you change jobs & Westpac offers more wages then Commonwealth its fair game to do the best for family & personal growth but in footy its different - its tribal & unites people far & wide. It involves mateship & the bonding of all those loyal supporters who have backed these guys in the sunshine & the rain. There is still some honour & loyalty in this world & this is why Beaver knocked back twice the carrot to stay at Manly & I have little doubt Toovey would never coach against the Seaeagles in the future.
Des & Noel will be remembered as people who done their jobs professionally & got results but for mine - the stigma of Manly legends was gone the moment the ink left the pen.

Well said mate.

Now I'm convinced that des and cleal are mercenaries and don't give a **** about our club. They've got their pay dirt. So tell them both to piss off.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7