Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

thedogs88 said:
not here to stir the pot guys, just thought id let you know that ceagle bloke makes a real twat of himself on a few forums, he joined up to the kennel dribbling on about how des will never leave and how he will be back when des re-signed and trolls and carrys on alot. im not here for that as im not a loser.

i just wanted to see who you guys credit alot of your teams success to as far as staff. i heard the crusher thing is done on the radio also the warrick bloke is done thought i dont know much on him.

also whoever said des left for money, thats not true mate. manly upped their offer and he took less to go to the dogs. id say it wouldn't of been a huge difference but its more to do with manlys board and clubs money problem at present. probz a clash of ego's.

Des had already signed with you guys by the time Manly came back with an offer. I'm hearing he signed as far back as June. You are right about egos and Haslers is out of control. I would bet that there will be similar problems at the dogs in a few years when Dessie wants everything and doesn't get it. Sure he has been successful at Manly but as the old saying goes... 'No one is bigger than the club'. Not even Des. He was the one who couldn't get his head around that.

its not a case of i believe that its well known that manly offered more in which he took the dogs offer.

in saying that i still think the fact he has achieved alot at manly played a part though i dont think its any suprise to anyone that he finally reached boiling point with the board and had enough...

not to mention the health of our club. we just need it to start preforming above average on the field.

with the step we have taken in coaching and by the looks of the way we let so many below average players go and a few average and the cap increase along with the people coming off contract i think we will sign 1-2 players in key positions that need urgent attention. e.g wing and 5/8 and i think we will be well and truely on the right track.

i like manly as a club believe it or not just dislike the board and sadly you guys have as many bad fans as us. however im just curious on all your opinions.

also i've heard from a pretty good source your club is still holding discussions over if des leaves before next year.

bones said:
thedogs88 said:
not here to stir the pot guys, just thought id let you know that ceagle bloke makes a real twat of himself on a few forums, he joined up to the kennel dribbling on about how des will never leave and how he will be back when des re-signed and trolls and carrys on alot. im not here for that as im not a loser.

i just wanted to see who you guys credit alot of your teams success to as far as staff. i heard the crusher thing is done on the radio also the warrick bloke is done thought i dont know much on him.

also whoever said des left for money, thats not true mate. manly upped their offer and he took less to go to the dogs. id say it wouldn't of been a huge difference but its more to do with manlys board and clubs money problem at present. probz a clash of ego's.

Des had already signed with you guys by the time Manly came back with an offer. I'm hearing he signed as far back as June. You are right about egos and Haslers is out of control. I would bet that there will be similar problems at the dogs in a few years when Dessie wants everything and doesn't get it. Sure he has been successful at Manly but as the old saying goes... 'No one is bigger than the club'. Not even Des. He was the one who couldn't get his head around that.

don't beleive that mate, i think he signed after the title, there is no way manly would of dragged it out that long if it was done then.

however i agree about his ego etc, however the thing i find is that des will not walk into our club with that attitude as the dogs haven't pissed him off by sacking mates and having a dodgy board around him. we have a very well ran club in that aspect and greenburg will make sure des gets what he wants and needs aslong as its for the good of the club.

Vidmar

I am not suggesting the existing Football Club board step down, I am suggesting that Bob Reilly and Melinda Gainsford Taylor step down from the being the football club reps on the MWSE board.

Whether you or Bob or any other person likes it or not there are some of our employees that have some serious issues with them both. They feel there it is just too hard to carry on and their future career prospects are best served elsewhere.

I just rang our Football Club and was told they knew nothing about Cleal going to the dogs ???

WAMF - I also was confused by the wording but now understand he means the FC people who represent us on the board of the MWSE.

Wheel - MWSE employees do NOT report to Mel and Bob - they do not, and have no reason to, interact with them on an official basis as part of their normal daily duties.

I'm not sure why you think that is the case?

Happy for you to post facts, instances or examples that show otherwise?

Bob & Mel can't, don't and haven't put anything in place to inhibit career growth for the staff at Narrabeen or elsewhere so not sure what them standing down from representing us on the MWSE board would achieve?

But, happy to hear you out as you are a Football Club member - If that were to happen - Who from the new board would you suggest replace them and why?

vidmar said:
The Wheel said:
I can tell you all that Crusher did not leave for money.

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

If you have issues with the Football Club then call me or come to the meeting if you are a member?

Vid is it possible for the FC to invite Des to the FC meeting so that members can ask him questions?

WAMF said:
The Wheel said:
the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

The Wheel said:
I am not suggesting the existing Football Club board step down,

lol

There is a subtlety there that you may not have picked up on

tookey said:
vidmar said:
The Wheel said:
I can tell you all that Crusher did not leave for money.

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

If you have issues with the Football Club then call me or come to the meeting if you are a member?

Vid is it possible for the FC to invite Des to the FC meeting so that members can ask him questions?

Now that would be an interesting night

Id have to say im over all this crap, I just wanna have a successful club to support. I've lost my club once I dont want to see it happen again because of people putting ego and self interest ahead of whats best for manly.

Des Hasler should never been allowed to be unsigned for so long.

If you are over it then why do you post to inflame the situation here pushing your prefered outcome?

What in the f**k has happened to this club. I can't believe everything has imploded again after winning a premiership...

mcatt said:
What in the f**k has happened to this club. I can't believe everything has imploded again after winning a premiership...

keep your head up mate even if this true manly should be alright.

tookey said:

I'm guessing you are asking that with your tongue very firmly in your cheek?

Just a question but didn't Crusher get punted from Manly prior to his stint at Parramatta and only came back to Manly when Des took over the top side.

Ceagle said:
ManlyBacker said:
He's gone. Both of them have given a massive amount to the club. I've got good memories and it's time to move on.

You can officially confirm the reports?

Then seeing you started the thread, perhaps you should confirm it!

vidmar said:
tookey said:

I'm guessing you are asking that with your tongue very firmly in your cheek?

The FC could sell tickets to the event if he did turn up as I am sure that it would attract a record attendance for a FC meeting

Coaches come and go, as do other employees. I was pretty devastated at the end of the 73 season when Wiley left, but we picked ourselves up and went on with it. I'm not that interested in boring down to bedrock about who is right or wrong. The club will go on and as long as we keep Z off the board, then I'll be happy. I love Toovs and he'll get the wins to keep me happy. I will never ever not be a Manly supporter and will be buried/burnt in my footie gear. (not in an open coffin though) Keep the faith. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6