Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

with cleal & dave warwick gone do we have anyone left for recruitment?
penn talked about spending more on younger players to build up the roster but it will be tough with no recruitment staff.

Penn has truly rooted the club , no-one wants nothing to do with the prick..

Bye Bye Cleal. Leave your passport at the bridge pal and stay over in beautiful Belmore....

Lets see if he is such a good judge when the pressure is on, as it will be at the cut throat Bulldogs.

Personally Cleal, begone with you....you have **** on the faithfull and this great club. Remember where u made your name (twice)

Frogz said:
Bye Bye Cleal. Leave your passport at the bridge pal and stay over in beautiful Belmore....

Lets see if he is such a good judge when the pressure is on, as it will be at the cut throat Bulldogs.

Personally Cleal, begone with you....you have s**t on the faithfull and this great club. Remember where u made your name (twice)

Exactly right.

Des and Crusher have been great members of this club. They have been awesome as both premiership players and coach/recruitment staff as well. If they are leaving because of their disdain for a few board members and disagree with the club structure and feel they have been treated badly then that is their choice. They have decided that they don't want to stay at Manly and try to change the club structure then so be it.
BUT when they walk from our doors they will be treated the same as any other rival club especially with my hatred for that place in particular. I dont wish them luck over there I hope it all turns to the same rubbish the dogs have been dishing up to their supporters these last couple of seasons.

He signed with the Dogs on Friday. Signed for 5 years and is leaving immediately. Privately he is saying he can't work with the board but saying publicly that the offer was to good, I am not going to bad mouth the Eagles that's not my style, the offer was too good.

DUFFMAN said:
He signed with the Dogs on Friday. Signed for 5 years and is leaving immediately. Privately he is saying he can't work with the board but saying publicly that the offer was to good, I am not going to bad mouth the Eagles.
Crusher can't work with the board ? Am I missing something

Matabele said:
Maybe the solution is to keep him on full pay and let him count paper clips for 12 months while Toovey coaches.

This is a bad situation but worse is to give the Dogs an even break.

At least someone here is thinking. Initially, its exactly what i would leak to all & sundry as a realistic option on the table.

Of course we arnt financially propped up by News Ltd so the money in play on that idea is probably not being thought of or just plain unviable.

Make Des lick the stamps of the envelopes for memberships I tell you. Force him to build our members base.

Let the bloke that WANTS to be here coach.

I don't give a **** WHY all this has happened, or how anymore. No-one forced Des' hand, but Des......He should be cleaning the dunnies (Zorba's) at Narabeen.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Any clues as to who will replace him? Did he have an assistant ?

Yes, 200 of them around the country. Now they too are going.

This Dave Warwick I think was also his assistant. Don't know though as I hadn't heard of him until this week.

At least he's done the right thing and left now. If we can hire a recruitment manager by the end of the year starting next year, hopefully with the kind of contacts Cleal had, we might be OK. Dragons Recruitment Officer maybe? He would know Perry well, what about our yearly token Parra member ;)

The dogs can buy out Des's contract for next year he needs to go. Too much toxicity is going to come from this next year. Clear out everyone who doesnt want to be a part of the club now.

mickqld said:
The dogs can buy out Des's contract for next year he needs to go. Too much toxicity is going to come from this next year. Clear out everyone who doesnt want to be a part of the club now.

Including players.
Toovey needs to pull the playing group aside NOW (if he hasn't already), and stamp his leadership qualities.

He needs to point to the exit at Narrabeen, and say from Lyon to Stormqvist, "you want out, **** off", and that includes the coaches, management, COO, Board, fans and everyone.

"We are here to build a legacy, if you want to ride that bus with us, stay, but I want your total dedication and loyalty. There are no 1/2 measures, and that includes kicking the club when it's down. This is your juncture. What is your choice ".

There can be no second guesses then. Toovey then needs to come out (in the media), and let everyone know, that each and every soul in the organisation has committed to the future success he plans on having.

That lets everyone know where they stand, it's good PR, and may weed out the, "Cherry RIPE for the picking" brigade.

Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Including players.
Toovey needs to pull the playing group aside NOW (if he hasn't already), and stamp his leadership qualities.

He needs to point to the exit at Narrabeen, and say from Lyon to Stormqvist, "you want out, f**k off", and that includes the coaches, management, COO, Board, fans and everyone.

"We are here to build a legacy, if you want to ride that bus with us, stay, but I want your total dedication and loyalty. There are no 1/2 measures, and that includes kicking the club when it's down. This is your juncture. What is your choice ".

There can be no second guesses then. Toovey then needs to come out (in the media), and let everyone know, that each and every soul in the organisation has committed to the future success he plans on having.

That lets everyone know where they stand, it's good PR, and may weed out the, "Cherry RIPE for the picking" brigade.

I agree totally with your sentiments, someone needs to show leadership and they need to do it now, isnt that the CEOs job?

Ryan said:
mickqld said:

Including players.

He needs to point to the exit at Narrabeen, and say from Lyon to Stormqvist, "you want out, f**k off", and that includes the coaches, management, COO, Board, fans and everyone.

Ryan said:
Including players.

Well put Ryan.

Des and Crusher have been terrific for Manly but their time is now past. It's time for the next generation to come thru.... Tooves , Cliffy, Beaver etc. These guys are the future.

Nice idea Ryan. But I'm concerned the word 'juncture' might leave a few of our players scratching their heads, we want the message to be clear.

As Earnie rightly points out, Toovey does not have mandate as yet to take such a step. But we don't have a CEO either.

The club has a leadership vacuum at the top. I have no idea how it will end but it better be sooner rather than later, I can't keep watching this forum all summer. :p

Mate - I reckon a few of us need a break. Go and enjoy the summer. The football will be back before you know, we will be the reigning Premiers, Des will give it his best shot and leave for greener pastures. Life goes on = a few here need to move on too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8