Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

I also called 2UE and it was mentioned that there was a discussion about SPECULATION and RUMOUR that Crusher would go to the Bulldogs, nothing about time frame etc etc.

I cant believe that some posters have Crusher hung, drawn and quartered when you dont know the facts. It seems you have based your opinion on one post without even doing some checking yourself.

If you are going to post something it would be productive not to have selective hearing ie leave out some words.

Anyone who thinks players who have bled for the club, won premierships, spent years of their lives and been responsible for re-building the place from the ground up would be leaving the place lightly are kidding themselves.

I am devastated at Crusher's leaving more than Des'. It is a great pity that there seemed an inevitability about it, and I wish Crusher all the best over there. I hope the door always remains open to him to return to Manly.

vidmar said:
tookey said:
Vid is it possible for the FC to invite Des to the FC meeting so that members can ask him questions?

I'm guessing you are asking that with your tongue very firmly in your cheek?
I think it's a perfectly reasonable request.

Matabele said:
Anyone who thinks players who have bled for the club, won premierships, spent years of their lives and been responsible for re-building the place from the ground up would be leaving the place lightly are kidding themselves.

I am devastated at Crusher's leaving more than Des'. It is a great pity that there seemed an inevitability about it, and I wish Crusher all the best over there. I hope the door always remains open to him to return to Manly.

vidmar said:
tookey said:
Vid is it possible for the FC to invite Des to the FC meeting so that members can ask him questions?

Where is the evidence that Crusher is leaving?

Well Ernie you can continue to live in hope but I think your chances of a good outcome are slim.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Matabele said:

vidmar said:
tookey said:

Where is the evidence that Crusher is leaving?

He has an umbilical cord attached to Hasler.

9 pages and wow. I said that they were "reports" not confirmation, wait until we hear official word then go nuts.

Ceagle said:
9 pages and wow. I said that they were "reports" not confirmation, wait until we hear official word then go nuts.

Edit your settings to. 50 per page, easier to navigate

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ceagle said:

Edit your settings to. 50 per page, easier to navigate
How do i do that?

Ceagle said:

NO YOU DID NOT YOU SAID:

Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs
Heard on 2UE that he signed with them.

I can see the word reports in that statement.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ceagle said:

NO YOU DID NOT YOU SAID:

Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs
Heard on 2UE that he signed with them.

I can see the word reports in that statement.
I said it a page later, sorry I will edit the main post.

Matabele said:
Well Ernie you can continue to live in hope but I think your chances of a good outcome are slim.

Well mate it seems that you know a lot more than I but I dont listen to rumours, I will wait till its official and it wont change anything with me. I have been a supporter for over 50 years, seen a lot worse than what is happening now.

ayjay007 said:
Anything in concrete yet?

They've suspended the pour, awaiting confirmation.

Cannot even confirm whether they even had the rebar in place.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Money does talk...let's be honest with ouselves...say you are the MD of Telstra and you had worked for them for all your life...you are on 1.5 Million a year. Optus wants to poach you and say's, here's 2 Million a year, Telstra raises their offer and goe's to 2.1 Million, Optus then comes back and offers 3.5 Million.

You love your job, your love your company but hey 2 million a year is a lot of money.

Now there's no way those sort of dollars are being paid for the likes of Noel Cleal but let's face it, would you take the money.

Of course you would.

It's sad (bloody sad really) but life will go on.

Ok , when you are talking those figures, yes it makes a difference but when you are squabbling over 150,000 bucks then that is a different story. Most of it will go in tax anyways and then when you factor in the costs of travelling to and from the Bankstown area, the benefit is negligable.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6