Merged Thread: Noel 'Crusher' Cleal, follows Des Hasler to the Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Noel Cleal to the Bulldogs

ManlyBacker said:
master blaster said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.
well said bones,I agree 100%

I wish I could understand the point you are making.

Well, it seems to be poor reflection upon your comprehension skills because most people seem to!!!

Sad news. I wonder if Desie is gonna cause more trouble for our club bieng there next year. And if we sack him will we lose our top players or not. I believe if we can keep our exit claused contract clause players then its better dessie go early to his future club. The dogs have planned this attack a while ago and theyve got us by the b..lls.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
Heard on 2UE that he signed with them.

Are you on what you heard then, re the post above this one
What??
Are you sure it's what you heard this morning
Yes, even look at LU and various other sites. As I said before, it wasn't confirmed but they had reports that he has signed with the Dogs.

ManlyBacker said:
master blaster said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:
I'd love to see what our fellow forum posters would do if they were offered a motza. Oh yeah, that's right no one would take it.

There is one huge difference. Supporters pay money to support. Cleal was paid money. I have spent thousands of dollars supporting Manly in 2011 alone because I love the club. Cleal was at manly not for the love of the club but because he was getting paid. Big difference. If the bulldogs offered me $250k to be a supporter of their club and I had to attend every bulldogs game in 2012 I would not take it. I would still want Manly to win and I couldn't miss going to watch Manly play. As paying supporters we are entitled to, and have earned the right to be filthy.

Kingoftherodeo asked what we would do if we were offered a motza. The point I'm making is that it is ridiculous to ask what we would do if we were offered big bucks to switch clubs. You cant compare supporters with club employees. Most of us could never switch because we love the club.

God you guys are bitter

There is one difference here. We are supporters not employees. We support the club and pay good money to do so however it is not the thing that brings food to the table (mark apart!)

You can not confuse our loyalty and passion with those who work and run the club

I hate the fact Des is leaving. From what i have read it was either due to money or the environment that he was working in

Either way I will always look back at his time fondly and wish him well (just not too well)

As for Crusher

1. We do not know if he is gone
2. We do not know the reasons why he might have moved
3. It is a bit quick to judge him

Money does talk...let's be honest with ouselves...say you are the MD of Telstra and you had worked for them for all your life...you are on 1.5 Million a year. Optus wants to poach you and say's, here's 2 Million a year, Telstra raises their offer and goe's to 2.1 Million, Optus then comes back and offers 3.5 Million.

You love your job, your love your company but hey 2 million a year is a lot of money.

Now there's no way those sort of dollars are being paid for the likes of Noel Cleal but let's face it, would you take the money.

Of course you would.

It's sad (bloody sad really) but life will go on.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:
I can tell you all that Crusher did not leave for money.

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

Which ones Wheel??

It's doubtful that anyone other than Scott Penn or David Perry had anything to do with negotiations....so which of the other board members do you feel should stand down because of this??

This whole "blame the board for everything" is getting a little much for me..that's what the media has been trotting out but it (to me) would seem far from the truth.

Mark you said that you are a good friend of crushers why not give him a call and see if you can confirm for us why he and Des are going as we would all like to know the true story and not all the speculation.

When des first announced that he was going to the dogs Bozo came out in the press and blamed the faceless men for Des leaving.

I wouldn't call Penn a faceless man so we are only assuming that Bozo means the other owners and/or the Fc board members that most fans don;t know who they are if they walked past them in the street.

Until either Penn, Des or crusher came out publicly with their reasons for leaving everything is pure speculation and as a result us fans will blame everyone associated with owning/running the club for Des and crusher leaving until the day when we hear the truth

ManlyBacker said:
master blaster said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:

I think what he is saying is that he doesn't get paid to support Manly, whereas Crusher gets paid to do his job (funnily enough). Crusher has decided to change jobs so anyone who doesn't get paid to be a supporter can be upset by that change in career direction.

By the way has anyone got the number I can ring to apply for that $250K Bulldogs game attendence job ? Sounds like easy money to me.

BOZO said:
I just rang 2UE and I was told that they have no confirmation that Cleal has signed with the dogs .

Bozo you went shooting with crusher recently just give him a call. lol

Chip and Chase said:
ManlyBacker said:
master blaster said:
bones said:
kingoftherodeo said:

I think what he is saying is that he doesn't get paid to support Manly, whereas Crusher gets paid to do his job (funnily enough). Crusher has decided to change jobs so anyone who doesn't get paid to be a supporter can be upset by that change in career direction.

By the way has anyone got the number I can ring to apply for that $250K Bulldogs game attendence job ? Sounds like easy money to me.

I'm not saying crusher isn't entitled to go. He is. But supporters are also entitled to be filthy as they pay good money to follow the team. The $250k was a hypothetical in response to a ridiculous question.
I was simply trying to say that you can't compare supporters with Crusher because one is an employee and the other is not. But as is the norm on this site it gets twisted into something totally different by someone.

Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

For all those apologist of the board members that have overseen this fiasco have a think about what they have done our club.

They have never spilt blood on the field like both Des and Crusher, the existing Football Club reps on the board should immediately stand done.

Which ones Wheel??

It's doubtful that anyone other than Scott Penn or David Perry had anything to do with negotiations....so which of the other board members do you feel should stand down because of this??

This whole "blame the board for everything" is getting a little much for me..that's what the media has been trotting out but it (to me) would seem far from the truth.

Mark it has nothing to do with the talks around money etc etc, it all comes down to the roadblocks being out in front of them, the interference and powerplays. Forget the football Club spin and conspiracy theories. Noel didn't leave for money, he left because he couldn't see a way forward and you don't have to be a Rocket Surgeon to work out who both he and Des see are the ones making their lives far too difficult for them (refer to Scott Penns recent comments if you can't work it out).

I could understand if Des/Noel were not getting resulys that some would be wanting to put pressure on them but for fark sake we have won premierships under them some these faceless clowns have made it too hard for them to keep gping.

The Wheel said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
The Wheel said:

Which ones Wheel??

Mark it has nothing to do with the talks around money etc etc, it all comes down to the roadblocks being out in front of them, the interference and powerplays. Forget the football Club spin and conspiracy theories. Noel didn't leave for money, he left because he couldn't see a way forward and you don't have to be a Rocket Surgeon to work out who both he and Des see are the ones making their lives far too difficult for them (refer to Scott Penns recent comments if you can't work it out).

I could understand if Des/Noel were not getting resulys that some would be wanting to put pressure on them but for fark sake we have won premierships under them some these faceless clowns have made it too hard for them to keep gping.

Rocket surgeon? Is that like a brain scientist? lol

The Wheel said:

Wheel - I'd be interested to hear how I and others on the Football Club board can be in any way be involved in Crusher leaving?

The coaching staff, players and back office support people (including people like Zorba) are all employees of the Sea Eagles.

They are managed through the COO, board and Chairman (Scott Penn) NOT the Football Club

You know the make up of the board so not sure why you seem so intent on bashing Bob Reilly?

I've always enjoyed your company and know how passionate you are about the club but to see you keep banging on about this surprises me as I thought you had a better understanding of the sequence of events and situation as a whole?

Also, I take great exception to you suggesting that I and my colleagues on the Football Club board should accept any responsibility and need to step down.

If you feel so strongly you should have raised a "no confidence" motion for the AGM and then stood yourself or encouraged others to do so.

This constant board bashing is divisive and does not help.

You have my number - I've encouraged you to call so the offer is still open?

It's getting like a collection of Dean Ritchie's posting on here with the amount of anti-Manly sentiments I'm seeing...

If you have issues with the Football Club then call me or come to the meeting if you are a member?

If you are not a member then situations like this should show you why you should be?

Cleal left because Des did. He has stated previously that they are a package deal. Des left for money.

not here to stir the pot guys, just thought id let you know that ceagle bloke makes a real twat of himself on a few forums, he joined up to the kennel dribbling on about how des will never leave and how he will be back when des re-signed and trolls and carrys on alot. im not here for that as im not a loser.

i just wanted to see who you guys credit alot of your teams success to as far as staff. i heard the crusher thing is done on the radio also the warrick bloke is done thought i dont know much on him.

also whoever said des left for money, thats not true mate. manly upped their offer and he took less to go to the dogs. id say it wouldn't of been a huge difference but its more to do with manlys board and clubs money problem at present. probz a clash of ego's.

Des also stated apparently he has nothing else to acheive at Manly

thedogs88 said:
also whoever said des left for money, thats not true mate. manly upped their offer and he took less to go to the dogs. id say it wouldn't of been a huge difference but its more to do with manlys board and clubs money problem at present. probz a clash of ego's.

You believe that do you

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7