MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tookey

First Grader
globaleagle said:
sigh.

I need people smarter than me to respond but....

ffs

And it's no excuse to say that the secretary knew of this, that may be so but I've seen it many times before that an 'underling' knew of the happenings, but what are they to do? Forego their job by blowing the whistle when they have a mortgage etc?

One question has to be asked is why the secretary manager allowed this to happen and did he notify any of the other board members about it? It is not blowing the whistle but mererely the secretary manager doing his job and ensuring that the board had approved what was happening.

If he didn't tell anyone then I would suggest that his head will be on the chopping block now.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
The plot thickens. It's getting tiring and it's gone on so long that I am just bored of it now

Napper

Bencher
Daniel said:
The plot thickens. It's getting tiring and it's gone on so long that I am just bored of it now

I reckon you should ban boardroom threads. I hate it but i cant help but read the ****.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How or why do these board members manage to time there yearly shiit fights right before finals time:mad:...??
Success may breed success on the field, but in the front office it seems to breed greed and unethical practices.:(

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Its sad to see our board with mega egos humiliating themselves all the time and dragging our great club down to their level

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
One needs to be aware who owns the Leagues Club these days and who would benefit from these rumours....I know not a thing BUT I do know that there is always two sides to every story and the paper stories are usually just one side. I adopt the approach with the media these days that if you read it the chances of it being 100% factual is about 2%.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Mark from Brisbane said:
One needs to be aware who owns the Leagues Club these days and who would benefit from these rumours....I know not a thing BUT I do know that there is always two sides to every story and the paper stories are usually just one side. I adopt the approach with the media these days that if you read it the chances of it being 100% factual is about 2%.

Yes, I think that every time I go to your website.

:lol::lol::lol::chill:

lovefooty

Reserve Grader
I just got told that Kerry Sibraa and Cliff Lyons walk of the board on wednesday over the witch hunt on Reilly. They are dirty on Costello and others going after Reilly.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Worked in many Companies where the Executives used the Company Funds for cashflow.
So lon as all monies were paid back prior to June 30, there was no FBT or Loan issues for the ATO to get excited about.

As the article clearly indicates, the Directors have no code of conduct in Oz Corporations Act.

It is not fraud, others were aware of it and no issue was raised till the Scribe started to scrape the bottom of the barrel for his imagined vendetta:mad:
Reminds me of the I Spy V Spy Guys from the Mad Comics in the 70's:D

There are no monies outstanding, so this artcile is akin to Fridge Gate.:cool:

It bodes well for B2B, as last year the Fans were bombarded with the very same Dysfunctional Board Media diatribe :p

Ralphie

Bencher
HappilyManly said:
Worked in many Companies where the Executives used the Company Funds for cashflow.
So lon as all monies were paid back prior to June 30, there was no FBT or Loan issues for the ATO to get excited about.

I am an accountant with ten years partner experience in public practice. Any loan to any employee for just one day is of interest to the ATO unless the FBT interest rate is charged.

Garts

First Grader
Ralphie said:
HappilyManly said:

I am an accountant with ten years partner experience in public practice. Any loan to any employee for just one day is of interest to the ATO unless the FBT interest rate is charged.

Correct.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I have to say if this is true (and there could be another side to this story as suggested by Mark) - then it is not a "witch hunt" - as mentioned by others this is serious if true and probably any involvement in future 'club activities' would have to be strongly questioned.

manlywarringah

Bencher
Premium Member
While concerning....there's usually another side to the story.

This is a man who has been around the club for years. I doubt he would suddenly decide to do the dirty on the club after all this time.

The fact that the telecrap are the ones who are putting this on the front page makes me want to wait and here the whole story.

We all know the telecrap NEVER want to give both sides.

Also, the club owners may want him out and are using this as the way to get rid of him.

If it is the way the telecrap state it......then the ban is justified he needs to be dealt with accordingly.

tookey

First Grader
lovefooty said:
I just got told that Kerry Sibraa and Cliff Lyons walk of the board on wednesday over the witch hunt on Reilly. They are dirty on Costello and others going after Reilly.

Surely this story would have been a non event if Reilly had provided an explanation to the board?

It cannot be that difficult providing an explanation can it?

So over this **** happening every year.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
I guess the problem is believing how accurate the news article is.

But based on what is written then an explanation to the Board would have been a good start and for loans of that size then I would expect it to be minuted by the Board.

I can't see a 'vendetta' or that Bob has 'done the dirty'. But now that this serious allegation has been made I look forward to it being cleared up.

Matabele

Journey Man
One would presume Reilly is entitled to the same presumption of innocence we all expected for Brett Stewart?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18