MERGED: Board Issues Mega Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Don't think I have ever seen a white ant. Do the black ants pick on them ?

Not trying to be a Smart arse.......but yes they do, Black ants eat White ants, they will go through the White Ants Nest and Clear them out

and that is the reason why I never kill any black ant's nests around my house as I've seen first hand what they do to termites :)

Matabele said:
One would presume Reilly is entitled to the same presumption of innocence we all expected for Brett Stewart?
Haha, I wondered when you'd show up, and credit for your comment because that's not what I expected you to say.

As for Reilly, looks like he's paid the price but I agree the person who allegedly authorised the alleged unsecured 'loans' probably has at least as much to answer. Allegedly.

FFS sort it out

6 - 8 people who can not sort their crap out (regardless of which "side" you are on) who do nothing but damage the club

Lets all wait for the leak to SMH with the "other" view

These are from today's Manly Daily

Reilly ban a personal vendetta, lawyer says

28 Aug 12 @ 12:20am by Jon Geddes

BOB Reilly's barrister says his client has been the victim of a personal vendetta as part of a power-play for control of the Sea Eagles.

Christopher Branson QC said he will release a detailed response to allegations made against Mr Reilly regarding his expenses while on the Manly Leagues Club board in the next few days.

Yesterday Mr Branson was completing a detailed written response following the report compiled by the club auditors.

"These issues in the auditors report go back several years to 2009 and there are quite a lot of transactions in various categories," Mr Branson said.

"It is most regrettable it is now out in the public domain. This unfortunately goes back to the dirty politics behind who wants to get control of the Sea Eagles.

"And that is the context in which this arises.

"It has become a vendetta against Mr Reilly personally, notwithstanding that he has devoted hundreds and hundreds of hours to the business of the leagues club which over many years has had it's own financial problems."

He said Mr Reilly was chairman of the district football club and was deputy chairman of the Sea Eagles.

Mr Branson said every 90 days expenses had to be audited and all Mr Reilly's expenses had previously been signed off without any issues.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/reilly-ban-a-personal-vendetta-lawyer-says/

Sea Eagles: Club under siege

28 Aug 12 @ 12:25am by Jon Geddes

MANLY Leagues Club chairman David Costello has broken his silence about the dramas surrounding his board, saying "there are still some issues to be explored".

Sea Eagles legend Cliff Lyons and former Labor Senator Kerry Sibraa both resigned their board positions last week.

And it has been revealed that former board member Bob Reilly has been banned from entering the leagues club.

"We have been following a very tight process over the past couple of months and there are still some issues the board will continue to investigate," Mr Costello told the Manly Daily.

He said some months ago the leagues club board had become concerned about the way the club was operating so an internal investigation was undertaken.

"As a result of that the board has unanimously decided to ask our auditors to do a review of all of the information," Mr Costello said.

"As a result of that report to the board, the board unanimously decided to cite Mr Reilly to appear before the board to answer a charge of conduct prejudicial."

Mr Costello said that 48 hours before that hearing was to take place Mr Reilly resigned his membership of the club.

"At that following board meeting the club decided to exclude Mr Reilly from entering the club as a visitor, a guest of a member or an honorary member into the future," Mr Costello said.

Lyons said he had stepped down because he was too busy with his football commitments to devote the time necessary to be a board member.

In a letter to the board, Mr Sibraa wrote: "I believe it is time to step aside and allow someone else to serve on this Board.

"In a report to the Board in July, the chairman put forward a proposal for a review of the club's constitution.

"This is not a board discussion I would wish to be involved in."

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/club-under-siege/

If the investigation has been going on for months then presumably they have already spoken to reilly about it so he is aware of the allegations.

His response will be interesting seeing that he should have already provided it by now.

There are no excuses for mixing a directors personal business' finances with the clubs.

tookey said:
If the investigation has been going on for months then presumably they have already spoken to reilly about it so he is aware of the allegations.

His response will be interesting seeing that he should have already provided it by now.

There are no excuses for mixing a directors personal business' finances with the clubs.

Have to agree Tookey there are some interesting allegations, interesting that Reilly resigned his membership of the Leagues Club, why would he do this?

Mark from Brisbane said:
Chip and Chase said:
He's got a QC on the payroll ??

So would I if my reputation was on the line!!

True. But he hasn't been charged with any criminal activity has he ? I just think using a QC to repsond to an internal auditors report seems a bit over the top.

I guess this guy is probably a mate of Bob's and is doing him a probono.

Chip and Chase said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Chip and Chase said:
He's got a QC on the payroll ??

So would I if my reputation was on the line!!

True. But he hasn't been charged with any criminal activity has he ? I just think using a QC to repsond to an internal auditors report seems a bit over the top.

I guess this guy is probably a mate of Bob's and is doing him a probono.

He was cashing cheques at the club which is against the rules to the tune of $300k

I can read Shane. Breaking club rules and committing a crime are two completely different things. I don't see anywhere that says the cheques didn't clear.

Sorry didn't realise the article was posted and yes it doesn't say that anywhere

Also of you couldn't read how could you write?

Chip and Chase said:
Voice recognition dictation software ???

Oh yeah

Samsung galaxy ring me a Pizza Hutt

Ringing full of SL...galaxy stop! I'll do it myself you wanker

Yeah that's about the accuracy of voice recognition

The article states that he was allowed $400 per day.
That would make it $146,000 per year.
Over three years that would make it $438,000

The article says that the amounts 'out' and then 'back' were 'almost' $500,000 over 3 years.

So I'm not entirely sure what to make of all this.

It is not good governance to allow these sort of transactions to occur without correctly informing the board and having these loans correctly accounted for and minuted. However it appears that all funds were repaid. If I was Bob I would be filthy how this was leaked as the story leads people to assume much worse went on. Also, not being allowed into the club seems a bit extreme and petty and probably a result of the petty feuds we have seen in the media previously. I just wish all of these children could sort out their differences or piss off.

At what point has the club shown any inclination towards good governance?

WAMF said:

The article says that the amounts 'out' and then 'back' were 'almost' $500,000 over 3 years.

I'm wondering why it is that there's a need to cash $500,000 worth of cheques over 3 years at one location. Are there no ATMs on the Northern Beaches? And where was the money being spent?

Perhaps the amount quoted by the newspaper is greatly exaggerated.

WAMF said:

I asked this question and it was over 5 years and ticked off and approved at the time but since he came off the board a few have thought, lets get him and make him look bad. Thats all i'm going to say as he is a mate. He can speak for himself. PS Branson (QC) is a close mate of his and mine. PPS They are suing the tele and Throthfield for defamation

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8