Members Council

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
The club admin and some of the members council need to go and meet the Richmond Tigers members and admin if they seriously want to turn this place around.

Ryan

Journey Man
No offense but need a fact check on some of these eg coaches punching on was before Lyall started and it is good to hear Barrett being absolved of blame for what happened this season.

Each to their own but do you want Joke Kelly and the school teacher back? Cleaning up their mess wouldn’t be easy
Okay, fair call. To that end, apart from talk, what HAS he achieved?

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The club admin and some of the members council need to go and meet the Richmond Tigers members and admin if they seriously want to turn this place around.
Good point - or maybe we could go ask Sharks on how they came out of the peptides and winning the spoon to premiers or getting a club off the ground to be in multiple Grand Finals eg the Wanderers.

Oh wait - maybe we could just ask Lyall.

Having said that I am sure there is a lot to learn from our AFL cousins

Shoe1

Journey Man
For anyone interested I just heard Levy mention on radio that Gorman has reached out to Cam for a one on one chat, praising him for getting onto it straight away.
Shock jocks love creating a “crisis” and then self-satisfyingly highlight how their influence solved the problem. It’s all in a bubble of hot air.

Growler FNQ

Reserve Grader
* Ask Manly to justify their pack pricings to that of Souths.

* I think kids under 16 should get in free when accompanied by a adult member

* Add back the option to buy a Football Club Membership for those of us who are interested in maintaining our 70 year history

* Manly needs to stop that 'auto renew' feature as people feel its an agressive money grab
Simple to SMS all members in November to offer them a renewal
That "'auto renew' feature" is a membership killer needs an option at renewal portal not have to go back later and cancel it.almost peeved me to the point last year.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I told them to cancel my auto renew , I’m yet to decide on 2019, if nothing changes I probably would not renew for the first time in 12 years.

manly al

First Grader
Can "t help but get the impression that things have been blown out of proportion a bit with the whole matter and nothing that a bit of common courtesy and sensible reconciliation can not rectify or make things better fairly promptly . Really do not have a full picture of what is going on behind the scenes at Manly but after the prior instability and shaky environment with C E O "s , let us at least put a bit of faith and confidence that Gorman is and will be able to manage and progress administration and general club matters in a sufficient satisfactory way . At least his track record and apparent clear intention to stick it out for the long haul should engender some good faith and allow him some slack . Can anyone suggest a better alternative right now . The next few weeks will be critical of course with coaching and player roster issues to be ideally settled in a favorable manner and outcome . No doubt the ball is definitely in the Penns and Lyle "s court at present , they have the most control on these matters and i guess that they do have an obligation [ and within reason ] to get the best outcome for the club and can only hope and expect that this largely eventuates .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I reckon Lyall is going ok, but he needs a bit of time as there is a LOT to sort out!!

I’ve never had the need to speak with him but from what I hear he’s very approachable!

I’m not sure about some others in the club but I think we need to appreciate his efforts to date!

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
I reckon Lyall is going ok, but he needs a bit of time as there is a LOT to sort out!!

I’ve never had the need to speak with him but from what I hear he’s very approachable!

I’m not sure about some others in the club but I think we need to appreciate his efforts to date!
Mark he never made a tackle all year - what type of effort is that

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
And Gormans been in the job for what?.. 10 months...? But he's the cause of all of the above?... Crazy.

Gorman can not undo what they've done for the past 5yrs in 10 months.
All he has asked for is time. As a supporter who has had the opportunity to speak with him 1/1, I am happy to give him time because he sounds like he has a clear direction for the club.

Time will tell if he delivers.

more accurately ..... time will tell if the Penns let him deliver ...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
And THAT is the $64k question!!

Not many dissenting voices, including the football club and the Eagles Angles have survived the bitter revenge of the Penns .... historically things don't look good for a members council that has it's own opinion....

... but .... let's all continue to abuse and mock Barrett for having the character and cojones to stand up to these pelicans by all means ....

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I won't ever abuse the guy for trying to get better conditions for the boys. Thats a great thing.
But if we were winning games, would he have still had the cojones to front the Penns?...

Personally, I feel he made some terrible coaching decisions throughout the year, showed a lack of backbone with player punishment, made some really poor recruitment decisions, opened the clubs laundry to Phil Gould which I really disliked, poorly handled the Hastings situation... Etc etc.

He should never have re-signed late 2017 (2yrs in the job) knowing full well that he had little support of the Penns and then calling out a lack of support 6 months later and pulling the pin...

All to convenient for me Woodsie... If we were still in the finals, I doubt Baz would have been in Buzzs ear about a lack of support spilling his heart out about bringing in plastic chairs and cleaning the change rooms with his family.

For me, I think he was out of his depth and when that became apparent, he started with the excuses. Just my opinion though.

Yep ... that sounds about as good a summary of the fake news, innuendo and half truths as any .....

Fact is he refused and delayed signing his extension until certain things (such as Recruitment Officer etc) were contractually guaranteed .... (he would have no case for a payout if the contract wasn't broken) ...... when after some months of these promises not being met .... he did the honourable and brave thing ... he resigned .....

and if you think a phone call to a mate and mentor for advice under those circumstances is somehow evil .... so be it .... but it is a minor issue to the garbage Penn and Zorba themselves have spewed in the media ...

and once again I have never heard him utter one word of excuse .... he has simply pointed out that during the loss of Green, the loss of Pearce and the search for a replacement with the uncertainty of what cap they had .... it was being done and continues to be done without a Recruitment Officer or a Salary cap manager ..... what were the numbers quoted .. Manly have a football staff of 9 compared to most successful clubs 23 ....

You choose to believe if we were winning games he would happily ignore the fact his contract wasn't being honoured .. goodo ..... every thing I have seen or heard from the bloke leads me to believe he has more character and substance than all the other pelicans at the club combined .... and he would have acted no differently ...

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Something for the members council I reckon is this.

The club is at a tipping point with thousands of dissatisfied fans and members , and attendances this year shows this.

They can go two ways with this.

1) minimal changes ( head coach changed with existing staff) and virtually no player acquisitions ( Elgey aside) and the rot will continue. A couple more years running near last or last with no future in sight and I reckon it’s sayonara Sea Eagles.

2) major changes ( the best possible coach and support staff) plus go hard as they can to fix the obvious holes in our side and barring the Brookvale issue we can begin to climb out of the mess we are in.

It’s simple, no really simple.

Forget all the fluff , all the marketing and all the bull**** , the actions in item 2 will say all that needs to be said!!

Full stop!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Gormans a proven CEO.
I think the Penns understand they made previous appointment decisons and they headhunted the best. I doubt they'll boot him before he gets a chance to turn the place around.

That's why I get the feeling the club will appoint a proven coach.

Time will tell. I hope Lyall gets his chance.
I think (hope) they realise the CEO musical chairs needs to stop and Lyall has the runs on the board.

This is his first real test - to get a quality coach on board. My hope is that the reason the mail about Cartwright is loud, is that they are having conversations with him about it as their plan B only. Completely common to be having detailed discussions with multiple candidates to ensure if plan A falls through, plan B is ready to go (stating the obvious here I know). I'm hoping one of Maguire, Cleary or Flannagan is plan A and Cartwright plan B - hence different genuine sources have different info as to who Manly are negotiating with. It's up to Lyall to get our first choice and I doubt that is Cartwright.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I still honestly feel Barrett wasn't given the appropriate opportunity to succeed due to Penn's procrastination (and resistance to invest), and Gorman's inability to achieve result, rather than bragging about the potential of achieving it.

Seriously, since Gorman's been herew:

X We are still at the same point Brooky Oval wise
X Weve lost a plethora of players, gained nominal
X Salary Cap issue still going 6 months later
X Coach has quit due to poor environment
X In fighting is still rampant (as is bullying)
X Massive alcohol and party culture at the club
X Scandal after scandal
X No-one at the club seems on the same page
X Still terrible membership / fan communication
X Our reputation is at the club's lowest point
X Gorman's being known as The Phantom
X Players and Barrett forced to front media
X Sex Tapes
X Coaching punching on
X Coaches quitting from being bullied
X Worst amount of losses ever as a club
X Players constantly being rumoured to leave
X Strip Clubs
X Players punching on
X Players called out publicly
X Penn & others airing dirty laundry
X Zorba calling members/fans names
X Dan Ferris threatening punch on with members
X Shocking press around tangible resources
X Players having to answer media about debacle
X DCE losing it at a post match presser
X Green / Tom Wright releases
X No recruitment / list manager
X Looked terribly disinterested and unfit as team
X Cartwright probably coach going forward
X Lowest crowd numbers in decades
X Wayne Cousins blocking long term fans
X Players laughing after massive losses
X Centre of Excellence still a pipe dream
X No Leagues club or alternative
X Issues with so many out of area juniors
X Members councillors sacked (more bullying)
X Lost Siebold, W. Peters & NYC coach (Lamb)
X Football Manager quit for the Bulldogs

I literally could go on.

I appreciate you saying how well he's doing mate. I just honestly don't care about lip service. Results. Communication and results.
All very good points Ryan. The one that sticks in my craw the most (and is not necessarily an issue for some), is the laughing after a loss. To me it is a window looking into the players or group of players mindsets.ive gone on adnauseum about this, but in all the time I played footy, touch or baseball, there was never any back slapping, hugging, laughing like you'd just heard the best joke ever. Leave it for off the field after you've had a debrief. We need a ruthless attitude back, not some piss in the ops pocket mentality.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
13 7 6 -55 18