Members Council meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Thanks for the feedback @The Wheel

I always thought that having a couple of sausage sizzle stands at each end of Brookie is all the food you need to augment the hot chips in the ever decreasing sized containers :nerd:

Having different Surf Clubs/ local Community Groups run these for their fund raising would be a win-win and strengthen Manly's link to the community :lightbulb:

One reason the team does the lap quickly post game is that they have to be back in sheds and into media commitments no later than 15 mins after siren.

Also: A big lol followed by an award winning eye roll at the nrl and the media who continually harp on about crowd numbers (bad) and how they want people to fill the stadiums...and then introduce a rule demanding players be back in the sheds within 15 minutes!!!!!!

We both picked up on the same thing Global ... I understand the Media committments thing ... but just another case of the TV audience getting preference over the die hards that pay their money at the gate every home game and support the team ...

Especially in a week when many Silvertails have posted photos taken with the players and their kids over the years.. and reiterating what a great memory it has given them ....

Thanks for the feedback @The Wheel

I always thought that having a couple of sausage sizzle stands at each end of Brookie is all the food you need to augment the hot chips in the ever decreasing sized containers :nerd:

Having different Surf Clubs/ local Community Groups run these for their fund raising would be a win-win and strengthen Manly's link to the community :lightbulb:

Agree .. back in the day when many fans turned up to watch 3 games ... they would be there from 11.30am to 5.00pm ... made a day of it ... and a feed and drink were imperative ..

But now with most of the punters turning up about 10 mins before the FG kick off .... is food that important, they are only at the ground for an hour and a half ... If I did that .. given the in-ground prices .. I would be telling the kids to hang on and we will go for a feeed at Maccas after the game ...

We both picked up on the same thing Global ... I understand the Media committments thing ... but just another case of the TV audience getting preference over the die hards that pay their money at the gate every home game and support the team ...

Especially in a week when many Silvertails have posted photos taken with the players and their kids over the years.. and reiterating what a great memory it has given them ....
The ludicrous part is that the TV audience doesn't get it either.

Both Nein and Fox cut to some talking head and only broadcast a snippet of the Team song or an interview later into their show :confused:

NRL Coaches hold the Presser without a player now, so no reason for the Team to be hurried off the field for that.

Fans certainly do appreciate and remember all those interactions.

It's not as if the media interview everyone. If they do, they certainly don't put them on tv. Channel nine used to cut to the 6pm news so fast after games it'd make your head spin.

I pay for "watch nrl" and even then they don't show a lot of interviews after the game. You may get lucky and see one on the field afterwards. Even then sometimes you have to wait the next day for them to put the presser and highlights up.... because it's just so friggen unprofessional.

Maybe, in the sheds it's full of media types. I shouldn't assume it's just tv, there is probably 20 radio stations all with their smartphones trying to get a sound bite. But apparently Buzz can't hang around waiting for players to show appreciation to the fans when there is beer to be drunk....(allegedly)

S'funny, in the nhl, where there is a lot more money involved in every aspect...and professionalism, the Carolina Hurricanes starting doing post game 'stuff' to entertain the crowd after a win Including slam dunking a basketball... and no one in the media whined about having to wait (though Don Cherry called them jerks) and there was no draconian clamp down on it.

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/carolina-hurricanes-top-five-postgame-celebrations-ranked

grumble grumble grumble

The ludicrous part is that the TV audience doesn't get it either.

Both Nein and Fox cut to some talking head and only broadcast a snippet of the Team song or an interview later into their show :confused:

NRL Coaches hold the Presser without a player now, so no reason for the Team to be hurried off the field for that.
The team has to be available in that timeframe for post match interviews and also the team song - whether they actually get shown live is another. Additionally the coaches address the squad post game prior to this generally. Hence players are off the field within 15 mins of the siren.

Send a note to Todd I am sure he would appreciate the feedback.....

The team has to be available in that timeframe for post match interviews and also the team song - whether they actually get shown live is another. Additionally the coaches address the squad post game prior to this generally. Hence players are off the field within 15 mins of the siren.

Send a note to Todd I am sure he would appreciate the feedback.....
you'd be better off finding out who are his daughters friends & talking to them, maybe then he would listen

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10