Members Council meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Q for Des:
How much input will he have with the blacktown coaches? Will it be two separate teams or will they be sharing plays, styles and tactics so that when players are called upon to come onto first they will know the structure and have an easy transition .

No I am back for another year

5 members stood down it is replacing them.

Don’t reckon we would get an answer to that Q

No, and can’t blame them BUT it could make or break our season (potentially) given Kelly is gone too!

I would definitely recommend anyone thinking of putting their hand up to join the council to go for it! It has been great meeting people like @The Wheel and actually feeling like you have a input within the club - which has shown in some of the steps they have taken in 2019. It certainly is rewarding as a fan and I can't wait to be involved again this year.
Do you get complimentary sausage rolls at the meetings ?

Nice read @The Wheel

Is it a total change of council members ( ie are we going to lose your input)??

PS: I always thought the English forward thing was bull****, the one referred to has only just resigned with his ESL club.

PSS: One question I’d have ( and they may not answer it) but assuming we lose Dylan , which I think given Greenslime at the moment is highly likely , do they have a plan B for that ( not expecting a name) or will it just be we use who we have?
I highly doubt they can give any indication regarding Dylan until the matter has been before the courts.

Had the first council meeting of 2019 tonight, a lot covered will try and summarize;

• Watch out for an extremely exciting brand campaign probably launched #nextweek. I have seen it and it is goosebump material
  • Membership is going well but need s big surge leading into season - if you haven’t joined up yet now is time
  • There is no English import and no new appointment (as per Neil Evans fake news)
  • There special indigenous and community jerseys for this year. Both great but the indigenous one is a best ever IMO!!!
  • Season launch coming up and also media events so expect a lot more of us in the media soon
  • Watch out for a Moses Suli article soon, yes he has put in the hardwork
  • The playing group is ready to go, hard work is done! The vibe is great, best feeling in many years. Garrick is going well, Marty and AFB are jumping out if their skins, Elgey is going great guns - good be great signing.
  • Expect a Des video soon, if you have any questions for Des post them below and I will pass onto Cuzzo
  • A few other things in the pipeline that can’t be mentioned yet but trust me the wait will be worth it

All in all now is the time to get behind the club - whether you join or just go to the game. We are putting the past behind, starting a new chapter in a great history.
Fabulous update - very comprehensive - thank you so much.

Hi all

There was another Members Council meeting last night, a summary of discussion;

• Merch selling well - Cliffy Jersey virtually sold out, maybe another run soon. Raised $9k for Cliffy nominated charity MND Research I think. Community Jersey also popular
  • Ground Day experience - trying a lot of different things. Some are working well (ie Northern end fan zone) others not eg food trucks as sales were poor. Big plans for Woman in League round, Golden Eagles and Members round in place. Planning for a home Semi however a lot of water under the bridge yet on that one.
  • Last Sunday was I think the best selling game in 2019 in terms of pre sales. A lot of no shows due to weather.
  • Media - Cuzzo went over our exposure to date. Interesting NRL stats on positive V negative coverage across teams, media outlets and journalists. Suffice to say it is clear that one out weighs the other. We are up there in terms of negative coverage due to Lottoland surface and Dylan. Dragons followed by Broncos Top the table. Also went thru new NRL rules around what club has to abide by. One reason the team does the lap quickly post game is that they have to be back in sheds and into media commitments no later than 15 mins after siren.
  • 2020 memberships overview was provided - a lot of feedback has taken into account eg new arrangement that will ensure pre Christmas delivery, being able to select pack options, different categories etc
  • Council is doing surface upgrades after season which bring other benefits eg WiFi. Some other cosmetic changes as well are ongoing
  • Other news Brad Parker is back training but had lost a lot of weight so some time away yet. Top 30 squad still being worked through ‘doing the numbers now’ in terms of cap - make of that what you will. New CEO being actively sought.
  • Some other news was asked to be kept in-house as always as things are not confirmed etc but should be well received
@Mitch might be able to add something I missed

THANKS Mr The Wheel,

Always interesting to read.

I'd add that a high proportion of negative coverage is usually because bad Manly news sells papers. Obviously Walker and de Belin were going to increase the negative articles for those respective clubs. I see the player involved in the Penrith sex tape scandal headed off to court this week but it was a quiet news story.

edit: Just in time for another Walker front page.

Also: A big lol followed by an award winning eye roll at the nrl and the media who continually harp on about crowd numbers (bad) and how they want people to fill the stadiums...and then introduce a rule demanding players be back in the sheds within 15 minutes!!!!!!

I don't know what happens if they don't but if some guy on debut has a ripper in front of his family... pretty sure he'll be out there for longer than 15 mins.

Also...shouldn't the fans come first? This is obv not directed at you, just whining at general g'burg ignoring his soldiers once again.

Good to hear the Cliffy jersey almost sold out!

Thanks to you and @Mitch for giving up your time. :)

Last edited:
Hi all

• Merch selling well - Cliffy Jersey virtually sold out, maybe another run soon. Raised $9k for Cliffy nominated charity MND Research I think. Community Jersey also popular
  • Ground Day experience - trying a lot of different things. Some are working well (ie Northern end fan zone) others not eg food trucks as sales were poor. Big plans for Woman in League round, Golden Eagles and Members round in place. Planning for a home Semi however a lot of water under the bridge yet on that one.
  • Last Sunday was I think the best selling game in 2019 in terms of pre sales. A lot of no shows due to weather.
  • Media - Cuzzo went over our exposure to date. Interesting NRL stats on positive V negative coverage across teams, media outlets and journalists. Suffice to say it is clear that one out weighs the other. We are up there in terms of negative coverage due to Lottoland surface and Dylan. Dragons followed by Broncos Top the table. Also went thru new NRL rules around what club has to abide by. One reason the team does the lap quickly post game is that they have to be back in sheds and into media commitments no later than 15 mins after siren.
  • 2020 memberships overview was provided - a lot of feedback has taken into account eg new arrangement that will ensure pre Christmas delivery, being able to select pack options, different categories etc
  • Council is doing surface upgrades after season which bring other benefits eg WiFi. Some other cosmetic changes as well are ongoing
  • Other news Brad Parker is back training but had lost a lot of weight so some time away yet. Top 30 squad still being worked through ‘doing the numbers now’ in terms of cap - make of that what you will. New CEO being actively sought.
  • Some other news was asked to be kept in-house as always as things are not confirmed etc but should be well received
Anything "maybe" in the works re: June 30 ?

The Mr The Wheel,

Always interesting to read.

I'd add that a high proportion of negative coverage is usually because bad Manly news sells papers. Obviously Walker and de Belin were going to increase the negative articles for those respective clubs. I see the player involved in the Penrith sex tape scandal headed off to court this week but it was a quiet news story.

Also: A big lol followed by an award winning eye roll at the nrl and the media who continually harp on about crowd numbers (bad) and how they want people to fill the stadiums...and then introduce a rule demanding players be back in the sheds within 15 minutes!!!!!!

I don't know what happens if they don't but if some guy on debut has a ripper in front of his family... pretty sure he'll be out there for longer than 15 mins.

Also...shouldn't the fans come first? This is obv not directed at you, just whining at general g'burg ignoring his soldiers once again.

Good to hear the Cliffy jersey almost sold out!

Thanks to you and @Mitch for giving up your time. :)
Basically non adherence to NRL rules is something like a fine comparable to coaches not adhering to ref criticism rule

Hi all

Comprehensive as always, mate! As mentioned I believe we’ll see a new CEO relatively soon. The membership team have certainly listened to feedback regarding 2020 options and the flexibility of inclusions I think is a great move.

Even with the wet weather at several games this year (roosters and in the lead up to dragons), our average crowd is over 10k in comparison to 8.5k in 2018.

There were several points that had to stay in house, but as supporters you can be sure they were very positive in nature.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8