Members Council meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Had the first council meeting of 2019 tonight, a lot covered will try and summarize;

• Watch out for an extremely exciting brand campaign probably launched #nextweek. I have seen it and it is goosebump material
  • Membership is going well but need s big surge leading into season - if you haven’t joined up yet now is time
  • There is no English import and no new appointment (as per Neil Evans fake news)
  • There special indigenous and community jerseys for this year. Both great but the indigenous one is a best ever IMO!!!
  • Season launch coming up and also media events so expect a lot more of us in the media soon
  • Watch out for a Moses Suli article soon, yes he has put in the hardwork
  • The playing group is ready to go, hard work is done! The vibe is great, best feeling in many years. Garrick is going well, Marty and AFB are jumping out if their skins, Elgey is going great guns - good be great signing.
  • Expect a Des video soon, if you have any questions for Des post them below and I will pass onto Cuzzo
  • A few other things in the pipeline that can’t be mentioned yet but trust me the wait will be worth it

All in all now is the time to get behind the club - whether you join or just go to the game. We are putting the past behind, starting a new chapter in a great history.

Last edited:
Does it feel like 2004 again for Dessie ?? New faces, fresh start, and a struggling team. Or is it like he never left ?

Also they will be seeking 5 new members for the council soon so if you are interested in supporting the club watch out for the add.

The no English forward is a tad disappointing though. Any talk of any decent signings before season kick off ? Also any talk about the Walker situation ?? What's the vibe there ?? They must be a tad nervous about the possibility of losing him for the season

Actually just thought of something you can ask Dessie, who's his smokey for Round 1 - I need a good cash cow cheapie for Supercoach

Any mention of Brookie upgrades? Gorman mentioned there was going to be some positive news before end of 2018

I call bulldust!! ...I have it from reliable social media tragics and photo body language analysis experts .... that Suli is 140 kgs and has a massive attitude problem and is on the outer .....

He's that big beers get caught in his gravitational pull and orbit him until crashing into his mouth!

?

???
?
?
????

edit: Thanks for the updates @The Wheel

When are they going to spell out "Hi Global" in their training pics and come visit Canada.

Only -21 where I was yesterday.

Any other questions you would like to ask Des?
Thanks a lot for the updates Wheel. Had a few questions for Des:

• What style of play can we expect leading into the season? Will we be playing a grinding style of footy or will it be an expansive, attacking style (especially given the NRL's edict to the refs)?
  • Who will be kicking goals this year?
  • Cherry has been overburdened with coming up with plays and managing the attack in the past. Will Des give him more of a managing role like what he had in origin?
  • How much has changed with the club and facilities since he was last here?

Nice read @The Wheel

Is it a total change of council members ( ie are we going to lose your input)??

PS: I always thought the English forward thing was bull****, the one referred to has only just resigned with his ESL club.

PSS: One question I’d have ( and they may not answer it) but assuming we lose Dylan , which I think given Greenslime at the moment is highly likely , do they have a plan B for that ( not expecting a name) or will it just be we use who we have?

Thanks @The Wheel

What's involved in participating in the council? What's the time commitment etc..?
Attendance at a quarterly meeting - next one is 22/5

Every so often we are asked to help out reviewing things or providing feedback etc

Pretty minimal really

Nice read @The Wheel

Is it a total change of council members ( ie are we going to lose your input)??

PS: I always thought the English forward thing was bull****, the one referred to has only just resigned with his ESL club.

PSS: One question I’d have ( and they may not answer it) but assuming we lose Dylan , which I think given Greenslime at the moment is highly likely , do they have a plan B for that ( not expecting a name) or will it just be we use who we have?
No I am back for another year

5 members stood down it is replacing them.

Don’t reckon we would get an answer to that Q

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8