Max Delmege wants Manly back.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bencher
Look, I'm going wide here, but Max is a "facebook friend", lol, and he says he wants to get the team back. He has always shown his passion to me, but have to wonder if it could ever happen. At the moment, he would get them for a song. This is what he just posted:

Max Delmege I will I am determined you guys get your footy team back

I would be happy with that.

Delmege made a commendable contribution and gesture to keep the club going after the Northern Eagles debacle .Would he be able to and wiling to provide regular and considerable finance for revenue short falls now and in ongoing seasons if required and necessary ? Would not think so and highly doubt it would happen for him to have a majority stake in the club again . In any case Penn and his father and company are in effect just majority shareholders aren 't they .

No offence to maxy but what would he buy it with? I really can’t see it happening.
The Penn’s have a lot more financial security no doubt.

Max should have some business types as contacts, if as i think, he can't get the money himself, to put together a consortium.
Whether Max is involved or not somehow I see that as being what will happen with our club.
But Gee whizz if he could have the financial power that his swizzle stick has at his age we'd leave the thoroughbreds in our wake.

Max should have some business types as contacts, if as i think, he can't get the money himself, to put together

It does seem he has a long term plan, he is well liked and has a lot of support. I get the impression he has an axe to grind from his past endeavours. He is no spring chicken, but he is not willing to put this passion to bed just yet. He is driven by his blood type- maroon and white.

Love max not sure if he has the cash flow nowadays. The possible way would be for him and the owner of URM to team up. That fella is keen as to buy the club but apparently the penns are asking too much. Penn has gone mia.
If the club is going to persist with Barrett they need a genuine head of football operations to run the footy side of the business and report to Goreman.

The two blokes who could do that would be Toovey but it’s not going to happen under this management. Or Des hasler.

The clean out of the football dept in 2015 has been a failure Ferris is a flog whose out of his depth and Barrett has no real support.

2 blokes who need to be brought back to the club is Singe and Penna as a starting point.

Look, I'm going wide here, but Max is a "facebook friend", lol, and he says he wants to get the team back. He has always shown his passion to me, but have to wonder if it could ever happen. At the moment, he would get them for a song. This is what he just posted:

Max Delmege I will I am determined you guys get your footy team back

I would be happy with that.
I thought he was broke

I was chatting to him last year on the Gold Coast. Was living up here( his sister is prominent local politician here)and has just married a very young lady and was happy with the world.

Still has the passion for Manly but has no cash.Simple as that.

To be honest his best way to help would be to be a TPA now that he is no longer a sponsor or involved officially with the club.

but unfortunately TPA's are not allowed at Manly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8