2025 recruitment & retention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Parker seems to be settling in at back row. He was no star against the Warriors but he certainly didn't look out of place in the back row either. He's coming along.
With nine weeks left to fill 4 spots in the 30 it’s of interest to see what positions the 4 players coming in play.

The club have been lucky so far this season in using 22 players in the top grade, Woods being the only player not in the 30 to have had a run.

Parker seems to be settling in at back row. He was no star against the Warriors but he certainly didn't look out of place in the back row either. He's coming along.

From what I have seen I agree with you that Parker has not been a Star in any NSW cup games
and if he can not dominate play at NSW cup level . He wont make an impact at NRL standards

We should be looking for better quality player options
This is what the Storm do and this is why they keep being a very competitive team and never miss the finals

Fair enough - each to their own, mate.

My view is we have the asset / player already.
He has the talents to play both sides of the field (he was a 5/8), and the roles are VERY similar.

It costs us nothing. It fills a glaring gap (actually a few). Makes us faster. Gives us an extra kicker, ballplayer & runner. Moves Jake to his natural position. Etc etc etc.
I will be absolutely shocked if Jake Arthur can turn into a good lock.

He would need to put on 20kg of muscle to defend in the middle and bend the line.

I do like the out of the box thinking though and i do agree Jake T needs to be moved from 13.

From what I have seen I agree with you that Parker has not been a Star in any NSW cup games
and if he can not dominate play at NSW cup level . He wont make an impact at NRL standards

This is what the Storm do and this is why they keep being a very competitive team and never miss the finals
The storm have had the same coach for a number of years … you know what you are getting yourself into at the storm …there is employment security, it is highly unlikely that the coach that recruits you will sack you .. but that is not the case if there is a change of coach

Stability is appealing particularly for young players.

The storm have had the same coach for a number of years … you know what you are getting yourself into at the storm …there is employment security, it is highly unlikely that the coach that recruits you will sack you .. but that is not the case if there is a change of coach

Stability is appealing particularly for young players.
I understand that about the coach but dont underestimate the player choices that he has made

Yeah, Mestrov has already hinted that it's a back rower we will look to bring in before June 30 to replace Shoe.

But for every star a team also needs a depth player.

Some transitioning from centre to back row just never look at home.

He's making progress defensively and if he keeps progressing he could actually provide some handy depth at some point.

Yeah, Mestrov has already hinted that it's a back rower we will look to bring in before June 30 to replace Shoe.

But for every star a team also needs a depth player.

Some transitioning from centre to back row just never look at home.

He's making progress defensively and if he deeps progressing he could actually provide some handy depth at some point.
Interesting to see the caliber of player we will sign

As for the Parker Progress .
At 27 years of age he is at the peak of his potential and he is in NSW cup because the Dynamic game has past his progress .
There are better options out there for shrewd talent scouts

Rumour that Jackson Topine wants to join Manly.

Would be a good buy for you guys if you are looking at a second rower who would probably deserve a payout after extending him and then trying to get rid of him straight after.
Almost a like-for-like replacement you reckon?

if ola does get suspended would start parker second row with waddell as burbo is still out for another week or 2 or would you play bullemor edge?

Our next couple of ins are big for the club.

Who replaces the shoe?

Seibs shaping his list. A player to suit his style, with attributes he wants to add to the team.

Will Penn give him dollars to get what he wants. Hey what. Sombrero. Where.

Will this backrower be final piece to our team list puzzle.
for the next 3 seasons we now have an extra 600k in the bank with shoe now gone
i recon for the next 2 seasons we resign lodge and brown and give them an extra 100/150k each.

now for our final spot i find it really interesting what james graham had to say in the post game interview in the para game where he was talking about how in a team it's all about complementing eachothers game style not all being one dimensional. e.g. if one's really mobile with leg drive combine him with a bigger more physical body and playstyle.

with that said i feel looking at our current team we have a lot of strike in our "attacking weapons" as seibs says but i feel sometimes they are hit and miss and we lack consistency. we need a player that will complement olakau'ata as he's all strike and power game with a back rower who is all effort areas, 1 percentages, runs tough lines, kick pressure and leads kick chases. now ideal world burbo could be that guy for us but i feel that is a couple years away still and waddell is good cover but will never go to that next level. if burbo is the future of that left edge back row a signing of a more experienced tough and consistent player for around 300-400k for 2 years would be perfect.

a felise kafusi would be a great signing as well as an elliot whitehead but any sort of style of any of those players would be great

for the next 3 seasons we now have an extra 600k in the bank with shoe now gone
i recon for the next 2 seasons we resign lodge and brown and give them an extra 100/150k each.

now for our final spot i find it really interesting what james graham had to say in the post game interview in the para game where he was talking about how in a team it's all about complementing eachothers game style not all being one dimensional. e.g. if one's really mobile with leg drive combine him with a bigger more physical body and playstyle.

with that said i feel looking at our current team we have a lot of strike in our "attacking weapons" as seibs says but i feel sometimes they are hit and miss and we lack consistency. we need a player that will complement olakau'ata as he's all strike and power game with a back rower who is all effort areas, 1 percentages, runs tough lines, kick pressure and leads kick chases. now ideal world burbo could be that guy for us but i feel that is a couple years away still and waddell is good cover but will never go to that next level. if burbo is the future of that left edge back row a signing of a more experienced tough and consistent player for around 300-400k for 2 years would be perfect.

a felise kafusi would be a great signing as well as an elliot whitehead but any sort of style of any of those players would be great

How do you get an extra 600k per season?
It's on record from Manly that Schu was getting around or under 600k for the next 3 seasons. We have paid him 600k as a payout for the next 3 seasons
That 200k is officially on the salary cap, for the next 3 seasons allocated to nobody. Effectively Manly have about 350k to use against the salary cap per year.

One can start to see why this has been called one of the worst contracts ever signed. Well done Manly.

How do you get an extra 600k per season?
It's on record from Manly that Schu was getting around or under 600k for the next 3 seasons. We have paid him 600k as a payout for the next 3 seasons
That 200k is officially on the salary cap, for the next 3 seasons allocated to nobody. Effectively Manly have about 350k to use against the salary cap per year.

One can start to see why this has been called one of the worst contracts ever signed. Well done Manly.
Whilst you could be right , all that I’ve read suggests the Shoe was on $625 a year with performance bonuses to $800k a year.

They would have to factor in the $800k on their budgeting.

He’s been paid $400k this year and doesn’t get any more , so there’s a $400k saving.

For the next 3 years we are paying $200k, so each year that’s a $600k saving.

Meaning ,$400k this year plus $1.8 million in years 2,3 & 4.

That’s $2.2 million over 4 years or $550k a year saving.

So , if the $625k contract with bonuses to $800k is correct then that’s the saving we’ll have.

If it’s just the $625k no bonuses , then it’ll be $225 this year , & $425k for each of the next 3 years then it’s a fraction under 1.5 million over 4 years.

Whilst you could be right , all that I’ve read suggests the Shoe was on $625 a year with performance bonuses to $800k a year.

They would have to factor in the $800k on their budgeting.

He’s been paid $400k this year and doesn’t get any more , so there’s a $400k saving.

For the next 3 years we are paying $200k, so each year that’s a $600k saving.

Meaning ,$400k this year plus $1.8 million in years 2,3 & 4.

That’s $2.2 million over 4 years or $550k a year saving.

So , if the $625k contract with bonuses to $800k is correct then that’s the saving we’ll have.

If it’s just the $625k no bonuses , then it’ll be $225 this year , & $425k for each of the next 3 years then it’s a fraction under 1.5 million over 4 years.

If you can understand what you just said, good luck.

Schu got his entire 800k this year. Manly had already paid him half his salary. The 400k was just the rest of his 2024 $$.

Whoever we chase as well as other teams it will be interesting to see if the Roosters get audited over their salary cap.
I can see them signing almost whoever they want at a great discount of what other teams offers are.
The reported $3,500,000 per year they have to play with from retirements will get them $5,000,000 worth of talent of what they get offered elsewhere.

Whoever we chase as well as other teams it will be interesting to see if the Roosters get audited over their salary cap.
I can see them signing almost whoever they want at a great discount of what other teams offers are.
The reported $3,500,000 per year they have to play with from retirements will get them $5,000,000 worth of talent of what they get offered elsewhere.
ROOSTERS GETTING AUDITED…. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If you can understand what you just said, good luck.

Schu got his entire 800k this year. Manly had already paid him half his salary. The 400k was just the rest of his 2024 $$.
I believe this is incorrect.

I read multiple times that Manly pay no further money this year and that he walks away with the 400k already paid.

Thats is just from what I have read and seen reported though, I have no intimate knowledge.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8