Matt Parcell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
For me it wasn’t about missing the tackle, it was about the lack of effort

End of the day, we didn’t sack him, he made his choice to go the route he went

For me it wasn’t about missing the tackle, it was about the lack of effort

End of the day, we didn’t sack him, he made his choice to go the route he went

He was dropped for the rest of the season despite Manly struggling to escape the spoon and many others in the team doing little to justify their positions. Barrett froze in my opinion. He lost the plot early in the season and never recovered,. Kept selecting the same players and almost won us the spoon. Wright was released from Manly after it was obvious that he had wanted to play there having joined Manly despite serious offers elsewhere. I would suspect he lost belief that Manly wanted him which wasn't surprising given Barrett's diabolical last year at Manly

FFS, Wright was made for RU, not RL. No effort, no guts, no heart...only glory.
If Des could improve Parker who was ordinary under Baz . One could only Imagine what he could do with a Player like Wright who had so much more flair and natural ability

As for RU No effort , no heart and guts . Those who played both games would disagree

Check out these brutal hits

He was dropped for the rest of the season despite Manly struggling to escape the spoon and many others in the team doing little to justify their positions. Barrett froze in my opinion. He lost the plot early in the season and never recovered,. Kept selecting the same players and almost won us the spoon. Wright was released from Manly after it was obvious that he had wanted to play there having joined Manly despite serious offers elsewhere. I would suspect he lost belief that Manly wanted him which wasn't surprising given Barrett's diabolical last year at Manly

Best back and forth I’ve had on here for a long time ! ;)

My memory may be wrong but it was fairly late in the year wasn’t it ?
Last year Olakauatu was in a similar situation, difference being he has kept at it and taken his chance when it came. Harper didn’t drop his lip when he started in NSW Cup, and has taken his chance as well. Sipley another example of hard work

If Wright stuck with it he may have been another story like them, but we will never know

FFS, Wright was made for RU, not RL. No effort, no guts, no heart...only glory.

Sorry 40 but I sense you've thrown the towel in.

People are not compartmentalised for anything other than what skill base they have that suits a certain game. Many sportspeople are just as proficient at one sport as another. Ray Price, Rex Mossop, Michael O'Connor etc. The list is quite large of RU players cconverting to RL and some are the best in the RL game.. I understand even Phil Blake started out in Aussie Rules as a junior.

Some skills developed in other sports actually enhance a sportsperson's value in Rugby League, such as soccer. And to besmirch RU, I'm assuming is a Tongue in Cheek attitude there. RU players at the top level have just as much effort, guts and heart as a top Rugby League player. Their skill style is just different.

The difficulty for Wright was adapting his play to suit League after years of playing Union. He therefore had years of playing junior RL with Manly and became a star in the sport at that level. Adapting to first grade level for most players takes time, often years for some, yet they rise to the standard. The more anyone plays a sport at a certain level, the better they become. I'm sure 40 when you played sport, the same applied for you.

Best back and forth I’ve had on here for a long time ! ;)

My memory may be wrong but it was fairly late in the year wasn’t it ?
Last year Olakauatu was in a similar situation, difference being he has kept at it and taken his chance when it came. Harper didn’t drop his lip when he started in NSW Cup, and has taken his chance as well. Sipley another example of hard work

If Wright stuck with it he may have been another story like them, but we will never know

I could be wrong but Wright (excuse the humour there) obviously did wanted to stick it out with Manly. Remember he knocked back some quite healthy contracts in Union to come to Manly in the first place thanks to the Fulton clan, and was prepared to stick it out in the Manly junior scheme. That shows he wanted to be here.

I get the impression when Barrett gave him a few shots at first grade and then sent him back to the wilderness. After he'd waited patiently to get his shot at the top and had been unceremoniously pulled from the field, he decided he wasn't going to get a fair go by Barrett. He knew Barrett was signed for at least another year. Perhaps if he had known before he signed with the Brumbies that Des was taking over, he may have stayed. Bad timing methinks and I wonder how Fulton thought of the situation at the end. Wouldn't have been happy I suspect.

Tom Wright is having an absolutely horrible game for the Wallabies tonight. Attack, Defence and ball handling. Best option letting him go.

1626222993321.png

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
Not sure why we suddenly have resurrected threads about Parcell and Tom Wright.
Should I go looking for something about Jade Anderson? Aaron Groom?

As a spin-off topic, no doubt we're all hoping Foran will jag another premiership in his second Sea Eagle incarnation. But has there ever been a player who left Manly, then returned, and tasted such success with us second time round?

As a spin-off topic, no doubt we're all hoping Foran will jag another premiership in his second Sea Eagle incarnation. But has there ever been a player who left Manly, then returned, and tasted such success with us second time round?

It's called lockdown boredom

Hasler went overseas in....was it 94 to Hull?

Came back and won a premiership in 96

Player .. as Dico said, Orford ... and Fulton as a coach ....

Fair dinkum ... both had 8 to 9 chances to impress, both were very very ordinary.

Purcell was young and talented, but failed to bring his reggie form into the big League, may well have matured into a fair player in the ESL ... but any Coach that would have kept him ahead of Api, with Fainu coming through the juniors, would have been window licking mad ..

And with the exception of one 4 second run ... Tom Wright was lamentable ...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12