Matai.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is sad that it might be the end of Matai and he will be hard to replace, though the if I could have a player to replace him it would be Jack Bird.
I believe that he is contracted until the end of 2017. I know it would take some money to get him but he is aggressive, young and comes to with Origin and grand final experience.
I don't get people just throwing out the names of top shelf contracted players as though acquiring them is a fait accompli. From all reports Bird is about to extend and he has just won a comp. there's next to no chance of us picking him up. Let's sign Greg Inglis while we're at it.

I don't get people just throwing out the names of top shelf contracted players as though acquiring them is a fait accompli. From all reports Bird is about to extend and he has just won a comp. there's next to no chance of us picking him up. Let's sign Greg Inglis while we're at it.
Agree, Kevinward777. It's a shame we don't have anyone coming through the ranks who'd make an obvious replacement. Of the current lot, Matthew Wright will do the job with enough decent players around him, otherwise we need to look elsewhere.

Bit of the magic sponge and he'll be right.
Not only the magic sponge, bring back Donny to work his magic....like he (seemingly) use to!

In all seriousness, as I posted elsewhere, its very sad in many ways. Stevie was so keen to play with us in 2017 and, after all he's been through, deserves one last year. Unfortunately, this is looking quite unlikely....

One of the most inspirational players to play for the mighty Sea eagles .
untitled.png

Yep. Drives me nuts. I forgive the school kids but as for the rest ... sheesh!

Geez we have had some great centres over the years... Close, Cleal, Mick Oconnor, Darrel Williams, Kevin Iro, Innes, terry Hill, Steven Bell, Jamie Lyon, and Steve Matai...and that is only from my personal recollection, sure as hell there were many more before that. Like that Fulton guy perhaps. Surely there are some I've forgotten too. But Skivvi stands tall with the absolute best of them. True Manly legend.

Geez we have had some great centres over the years... Close, Cleal, Mick Oconnor, Darrel Williams, Kevin Iro, Innes, terry Hill, Steven Bell, Jamie Lyon, and Steve Matai...and that is only from my personal recollection, sure as hell there were many more before that. Like that Fulton guy perhaps. Surely there are some I've forgotten too. But Skivvi stands tall with the absolute best of them. True Manly legend.
Branighan, Gartner, John McDonald to name a few.

Note sure he is in the Fulton, O'Conner, Lyon class but he is only a spiders dick behind them. He is a truly great player who will be remembered for a very long time and one of the key members of a great decade and two premiership teams.

Branighan, Gartner, John McDonald to name a few.

Note sure he is in the Fulton, O'Conner, Lyon class but he is only a spiders dick behind them. He is a truly great player who will be remembered for a very long time and one of the key members of a great decade and two premiership teams.
Forgot Danny Moore. Anyone that would knowingly throw a punch at John Hopoate deserves our respect... You're right, he is slightly behind our best when it comes to class and all-round play, but geez he is/ was effective at what he does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8