• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nah.. Jake doesn't walk around the ruck with his head down and miss crucial tackles. Jake doesn't throw a very low percentage play when we are up 60 seconds from half time. Can't believe we are playing that primadonna 800k
Yeah Jake just puts the whole team under pressure with his lazy routine of getting off players giving away guaranteed 6 agains or penalties. He’s the cause of more try’s scored against us than Marty….definitely not worth the $930k he’s getting paid either!

Absolutely pathetic performance from someone who is meant to be an experienced leader of the team. Don’t want to hear the Covid excuse for him like we did with Harper as he has been poor for quite some time now, tonight was just the cherry on top.

Should be playing for Blacktown for the rest of the year until another NRL or super league club is stupid enough to sign him.
Yeah & take Jake with him so he learns to get off tackled players & not give away 6 agains or penalties putting the team under pressure! Stop making out like Jake is an angel. As much as I love him he’s not worth his $930k salary!

I remember years ago Marty was good but kept getting in trouble for high shots. Since one of his last suspensions years ago he hasnt been the same.

Can’t wait for Marty’s contract to expire. We could really do without his 800k on our books for a reserve grade like performances. We need some better value from our engine room as we aren’t getting any bang for our buck.
I only see TP, Walker, Hmole, Shoe, Davey and Sips as value for money contracts in the forwards.
As a club we can’t afford to carrie any passengers in Marty and Keppie.
On the same note I love Jake but he is on overs at almost $1m per season and Josh Aloiai only starting to play to the standard to his contact at $600k+.
Not enough value for our outlay in the forwards.

Can’t wait for Marty’s contract to expire. We could really do without his 800k on our books for a reserve grade like performances. We need some better value from our engine room as we aren’t getting any bang for our buck.
I only see TP, Walker, Hmole, Shoe, Davey and Sips as value for money contracts in the forwards.
As a club we can’t afford to carrie any passengers in Marty and Keppie.
On the same note I love Jake but he is on overs at almost $1m per season and Josh Aloiai only starting to play to the standard to his contact at $600k+.
Not enough value for our outlay in the forwards.
Gee a bit rough on Aloiai aren't you? The guy hasn't played most of this season and when he has played he has performed well.

Gee a bit rough on Aloiai aren't you? The guy hasn't played most of this season and when he has played he has performed well.
All I’m saying is that he is starting to play the worth of the size of his contract. He is playing great only now starting to play like a 600k prop. Put in perspective that’s what Payne Hass in on

He was very disappointing last night, seems disinterested this whole year.

Like others have said, some exciting prospects still have not been even given a bench spot, im sure their enthusiasm would be welcomed in the front row.

Marty has turned into "5 metre drop Marty" its like a drop bear but you run 5 metre's then just drop to the ground...

All I’m saying is that he is starting to play the worth of the size of his contract. He is playing great only now starting to play like a 600k prop. Put in perspective that’s what Payne Hass in on
Yes I agree he was so, so last year but still got the big dollars for it. This year hopefully when he comes back from injury we get the best of the rest of the season out of him, but something tells me we won't. fingers crossed

Marty’s biggest asset was always his offloading ability. Des doesn’t like offloading, so he cut it out and now unfortunately the negatives outweigh the positives.

I wonder if he was playing a bit hurt last night, because that performance was well below his previous performances this year. Hurt in the trial, hurt against Newcastle, I think he’s not quite right.

Tapau is bidding fair to be the least effective highly paid prop forward (over an extended period of time - 7 seasons) in the club’s history.
I was excited when we signed him but he's never really lived up to the hype, the whole team kapow thing really got up my nose, I'm a team Manly man myself and one player separating himself from the pack goes against the whole team concept to me, I absolutely hate the way he pulls up before the defensive line, it makes him very ineffective, personally I'll be glad to see him gone, the $800k he frees up would be better off spent elsewhere. Just my honest opinion 🙂

Des doesn’t like offloading, so [Marty] cut it out

Not sure about that one... His attempted miracle offload on tackle #2 last night with less than 2 minutes to go in the first half (eventually resulting in a Souths try on half time) for a start.

IF Des yanked him (big IF), then that follows a recent pattern of yanking of a liability (eg named Harper a week ago).

We whinge and moan about Dec sticking with players to his own detriment - is this not a good sign that he finally discovered the hook?

I thought Harper was resurrected against (an admittedly crap) Knight outfit at home, in the wet. 2 factors that we failed at in recent seasons.

He benches Marty, after hooking Harps a week prior. We have Depth now. This can have a silver lining folks......can't it?
Saab has to be the next one gone, our right edge is a shambles and gets targeted every week, time for Koula/Tuipulotu to show their wares on the right side when Garrick returns to his wing and let Saab learn defence in ressies

He was very disappointing last night, seems disinterested this whole year.

Like others have said, some exciting prospects still have not been even given a bench spot, im sure their enthusiasm would be welcomed in the front row.
Been disappointing for years IMO.... I don't care how much he can lift, mistake ridden and lazy on the field.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8