Many v's Souths - Crowd Prediction tonight?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
TC I went to the Saturday night game at Homebush with a couple of Souths mates to the Souffs v Storm game and where we sat, kids could not see any on field action. Bay 101, and the noise was deafening, beer lines long and took an age to get served. Souless concrete jungles. Give me standing room on the hill any day, or night. Crowd standing, swaying and chanting....just magic. And after the game with Neil Diamond singing and kids on the oval, heavenly.

Considering the value brought to the district by our world class sporting team, Council should gift the club a 99 year "nil cost" lease of the ground.

I was told that Collingwood and Carlton fans would never travel all the way to the MCG! Never leave Princes park etc. rah rah rah!! Fickle fans said that! Any local not willing to travel for their team may as well pack up and watch Fox.
AFL had the guts to make teams move and now they are financially so well off. This game would have got 40k if we could play it somewhere that could hold this game (2 v3 and beautiful weather) Unfortunately, we will be packed like sardines and no chance of moving around. Abbott, build us a stadium for this area to be proud of and not the joke that everyone laughs at (Dinosaur)

I see where you are coming from DSM!! We don't want Homebush but something smaller that has some soul. They could do this at Brookie. Wanderers are going to get a new ground after one year. Very sad as our club is getting caned in dollars lost. The game you went got 32k and a guaranteed dollar amount. Thta would be two games for us.

Sydney and Melbourne are not even close to the same mate, different layout, size and infrastructure to apply

Kiwi, I don't get this as I have family in outer Melbourne. Manly people drive due to location on north side. My mate Ben etc drives to all games. He's never got a bus. My wife's family in Victoria drive everywhere to games and whilst sad about Collingwood moving they are more than happy about the move.
The MCG stands are miles away from the game and makes Homebush look like Brookie in closeness to the game. I have been in a top row seat at MCG and that is a long way away.

In Melbourne it is very simple, hop on public transport and in a short amount of time with very little hassle you are where you need to be to watch the game

Sydney is a completely different beast altogether to that

But my family don't and they don't know anyone else who goes by public transport. Obviously people train it in to city and then get trams to get down to the G. I suppose people train it in to Homebush and arrive at the door!!

Traffic is as bad in Melb city as Sydney and no huge delays on sunday arvo's. Yes, northern beaches is a drive (25 mins) but so is Geelong and they pack the G when they play. (1 hour drive)

People that live in the city aren't usually footy supporters anyway. It would take my family multiple trains and buses to get to the G. I don't really get this logic. A 25 minute car ride from Manly to SCG is nothing and really a lukewarm choice of not supporting the team.

Regardless of your family and a few mates experience, they are completely different scenarios Darren

I have ventured into both cities with very little clue how to get around, and Melbourne is a breeze compared to Sydney to get to various sporting stadiums, making it a hell of a lot easier to move teams from various parts of the place into a couple of locations

At the end of the day mate, we all know you aren't a Brookvale fan. Moving Manly from Brookvale to the SFS doesn't help the club, it doesn't draw more fans into the game, and makes it 2-3 times more expensive for a family to attend

Darren, Melbourne folk are different to us. If the move by Collingwood brought a crowd dip of twenty thousand, they'd still get 60 thousand at a game.
The culture of following a team is inherent in the genes down there. We, on the other hand, and I'm speaking for the 'average' joe, seem to not have that need to attend the game. If its cold, or wet, we stay away. If its fine and sunny, we go. Don't know why that is, but it is. So no more talk of luxurious stadiums with Pinot on tap. Give me cold beer, cold pies and the hill anyday

Of course it will hold more than 20K. People will just have to stand on the hill. It's the only way to watch a footie game.

I really wish Darren would just shut up - it actually hurts my eyes reading his constant Brookvale bashing.

Rightly or Wrongly - we all know what your opinion is....and frankly....no-one cares. Say it once and move on.

Repeating the same tripe is just wasting good internet space for things such ad videos of cats playing pianos and the like.

Crowd tonight will be between 17,500 and 18,000

DVS Matt said:
I really wish Darren would just shut up - it actually hurts my eyes reading his constant Brookvale bashing.

Rightly or Wrongly - we all know what your opinion is....and frankly....no-one cares. Say it once and move on.

Repeating the same tripe is just wasting good internet space for things such ad videos of cats playing pianos and the like.

Crowd tonight will be between 17,500 and 18,000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0zgQAp7EYw

There you go :)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7