Manly's survival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Shoddy Greenturd has hinted that some Sydney clubs may be forced out of the NRL, or relocated. He mentioned that there would no longer be any bail-outs to clubs in financial difficulties - as the NRL had done in the past - and this to me indicated that financial stability would be the criteria used to determine if a club would be cut.
Good. I believe this strengthens Manly's position.
Because the club is privately owned - and reportedly has other suitors willing to buy in - then as long as the owners are prepared to finance the club it should mean the club is safe.
The NRL shouldn't then be able to introduce artificial markers to measure viability, such as crowd numbers, the state of the club's home oval, on field performances etc. which they had when they kicked Souffs and Norths out of the premiership.
I guess it doesn't stop the owners from deciding to move the club to another location but I have faith that the owners truly love the Sea Eagles and would never consider this.
Thoughts?

Yes I agree
If Manly stay financially viable then we stay and slowly get the upgrades to Brookie
But with Greenturd in charge you can’t believe a word he says ,So that puts us in danger of relocating at some point I believe

Manly do need to market more effectively in the Northern regions of Sydney though. Difficult prospect though.
Couldn’t agree more. Only presence is on the Northern Beaches yet, theoretically Manly’s ‘area’ should cover the whole North Shore and all the way up to the BUDGEWOI end of the Central Coast.
Of course winning helps enormously when trying to recruit new fans.

Have been reading this elsewhere , the “ bald one” suggests one or two Sydney sides might be relocated instead of expansion.

Clearly,

1) Perth for the obvious extra live game reason.

2) Brisbane for the obvious Donkey total domination up here.

It will be sad for the fans of any clubs that get chosen for this, many will be lost to the game and I think if they do it it shouldn’t be a relocation it should just be end of days for two clubs and happy days for two brand new franchises which can start afresh with zero baggage.

As to how you choose the two I don’t know but to me ( taking my bias away) each quadrant needs to be covered, so the teams to be removed should come from crowded quadrants where multiple teams exist.

The two that spring to mind for me are Sharks / Tigers.

Conversely I just can’t see that they simply add more teams we know , they know, everyone knows that there’s just too many teams in the crowded Sydney market.

Shoddy Greenturd has hinted that some Sydney clubs may be forced out of the NRL, or relocated. He mentioned that there would no longer be any bail-outs to clubs in financial difficulties - as the NRL had done in the past - and this to me indicated that financial stability would be the criteria used to determine if a club would be cut.
Because the club is privately owned - and reportedly has other suitors willing to buy in - then as long as the owners are prepared to finance the club it should mean the club is safe.
The NRL shouldn't then be able to introduce artificial markers to measure viability, such as crowd numbers, the state of the club's home oval, on field performances etc. which they had when they kicked Souffs and Norths out of the premiership.
I guess it doesn't stop the owners from deciding to move the club to another location but I have faith that the owners truly love the Sea Eagles and would never consider this.
Thoughts?[/QUO

worrying thought but if privately owned clubs thought this to be a financial saviour i think they would seriously consider it ..and we all know the track record of greenberg and beattie (beattie is far worse) , "The NRL shouldn't then be able to introduce artificial markers to measure viability" introduced markers and measures would become a tool for them. Supporter numbers could be higher as with crowd numbers but i am fairly sure this would not improve long term if the team was moved from the northern beaches won't happen they actually need another northern syd team maybe tigers to gosford or something like that.

Your logic is applauded, however I don’t trust the NRL to do anything in the interests of fans.
$$$ is their only master
Manly do need to market more effectively in the Northern regions of Sydney though. Difficult prospect though.
If Manly are renamed, relocated or kicked out, I will be done with the NRL.

We could start by playing matches on the Central Coast again.

The Roosters already have the Eastern Suburbs and play several matches on the Central Coast. They are also aligned with Norths' Cup team.

I would imagine that they would jump at any chance to claim the catchment area of everywhere inbetween. They have the resources to do so.

This is why I would vote (as a football club member) for 6 games at Brookvale and 6 home games elsewhere.

I would want the 6 games to be played in NSW though, 3 each at the new Sydney Football Stadium and 3 at Gosford.

If we can keep our games in Sydney and get our crowds up using these stadiums for the extra coroporate dollar and comfort for fans, it give us a firm footing in Sydney and keep the wolves (Greenturd and Beattie) at bay.

Maybe one game can still be taken to New Zealand but I’d rather 12 in NSW.

The days of 10 or 12 games at Brookie are gone. We’ll never have a comfortable, modern 20,000 seat stadium for our long term future there.

Even if we do get the small upgrade with the centre of excellence, it’s not enough to bring in the big crowds and corporate dollar.

I can't see how they could relocate a privately owned club.

However, for the life of me i can not see why we haven't already moved into the central coast. Just playing half of our home games there and taking all of the juniors. I could even take a re-branding as the Northern Sea Eagles or similar if it meant the long term future of the club is stable. As long as we retained our colours and played the majority of our games at Brookvale.

Thoughts?

What i also believe would strengthen Manly's position. is greater tribal support

That is club membership support .

It is all about people power

A club has power in membership numbers and our Manly people are the least committe at of all Sydney clubs

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MANLY PEOPLE

THERE IS ONLY ONE HONOURABLE THING TO DO
index.jpg

What did they let souffs back in.
Souths took the NRL to court regarding it's exclusion from the competition and won, there was a lot of growing public support for South's inclusion then, the NRL appealed the decision in the High Court and won this appeal, but by then had no intention of excluding Souths again, they just wanted to get a favourable outcome in court, probably for any future circumstances similar to Souths

He's said that before though so nothing really new there. The next club that falls over is not getting bailed out.

I think we are safe. Privately funded by tight arses. That's a good combo. People on the outside think it means we are broke but I think they are just careful with their spending.

You're more likely to see a club that has recently had financial trouble get in trouble again. Also the inner west/western Sydney is too crowded. That should be thinned out. Move the Dogs and Tigers. Fold the Sharks when they blow their latest windfall.

What i also believe would strengthen Manly's position. is greater tribal support

That is club membership support .

It is all about people power

A club has power in membership numbers and our Manly people are the least committe at of all Sydney clubs

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS MANLY PEOPLE

THERE IS ONLY ONE HONOURABLE THING TO DO
View attachment 10942
I have to agree with you, our fans are the least committed , even the bloody Sharks have managed to increase their membership base.

I don’t trust the NRL to do anything in the interests of fans.
$$$ is their only master
I don't trust the NRL to do anything in the interests of MANLY.

Noticed in the interview with 'the bald one', the first Sydney club touted as their future being in doubt was of course Manly. He's intent on getting rid of us....the sooner we're rid of him the better.

I have to agree with you, our fans are the least committed , even the bloody Sharks have managed to increase their membership base.

I do not live in the Manly area but being a member of both the footy club and the leagues club, I feel that I am part of the Manly area and all the Great loyal Manly people that continue to help make our Manly Sea eagles club great

I feel embarrassed when I look and see that our Manly people are the least committed to their Manly Sea eagles club who has been one of the most successful clubs in the modern era

Parra have won 10 wooden spoons in the last 40 years and have 3 times more committed club members than us

Bloody embarrassing !!!

Us Manly people know what is expected of us

But do we have it in us THE PASSION FOR OUR CLUB to do it
index.jpg
index.jpg
index.jpg
index.jpg

I do not live in the Manly area but being a member of both the footy club and the leagues club, I feel that I am part of the Manly area and all the Great loyal Manly people that continue to help make our Manly Sea eagles club great

I feel embarrassed when I look and see that our Manly people are the least committed to their Manly Sea eagles club who has been one of the most successful clubs in the modern era

Parra have won 10 wooden spoons in the last 40 years and have 3 times more committed club members than us

Bloody embarrassing !!!

Us Manly people know what is expected of us

But do we have it in us THE PASSION FOR OUR CLUB to do it
View attachment 10943 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10943 View attachment 10943
Again, you are talking to the converted. All those on here love RL. But, generally speaking, a large percentage of residents on the Northern Beaches and the North Shore have a lot more interests than RL devotees like us. The demographic is (and I'm generalising here) far more worldly and wealthier than, say, the residents of Sydney's west where RL is viewed as their sport because it is regarded as 'working class'.
Younger residents of the Northern Beaches are more inclined to go surfing or play RU than RL. It's why RU clubs such as Manly and Warringah are generally strong, particularly when compared to Parramatta and Penrith. It dilutes the junior strength of the Sea Eagles.
Look at Easts. They have been the strongest club results-wise for the last few years yet they draw very small crowds.
Comparing Manly with Easts is much more relevant than comparing Manly with Parramatta.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4