Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Croker's repeated selection baffles me no end. He wouldn't make any other side in the NRL.
I refuse to believe that Cust wouldn't offer more than this guy.

I'd also move Walker back to the centres and maybe put Funa back there. Although when I think of him, the first word that comes to mind is "slow". He's just so effing slow. Hank Scorpio misses out for mine.

I'm bummed Gauc got injured. I rate him and think he offers more than Jetski (except for maybe his ability to play as a stop gap centre)

If Des picks the same team, this joint will go into meltdown....and you could hardly blame us. I'll be at Kogarah watching Sydney FC. At least they're a chance of winning. I can't watch another shellacking.

Think that Funa was there to cover outside backs and full back . Just the make up of the side did make it a bit more difficult to include Schuster , if Walker went down for instance . Personally would have gone for Harper at the back and Walker in the centres with Suli and Schuster on the bench
hear what you are saying but Jetski played centre heaps of times last year so I think there was an option to cover out wide...

put Funa in or leave him out imo, there is no use putting an outside back on your bench - I would have had Cust at hooker and Schuster/Croker on bench (actually I would have had Cust 9, Davey at 12, Schuster AND Cust on the bench with Jetski off fishing somewhere)...

but with Croker at 9 it had to be Cust/Shuster in the 14...

Exactly. When there's blood in the water everything gets exaggerated... a story about Cade Cust and Morgan Harper leaving would get no airplay at all in normal circumstances.

Buckle up for the silly season come early. Boardroom unrest, player unrest, feuding players, captain on the outer. Any half baked theory will get a run.

Only going to get worse when we get lapped again this weekend too.

You forgot to add Silvertails at war with each other?

can’t argue with much of that.

question for you mate which centre makes way for walker?

for mind suli promises a lot but hasn’t delivered as much as he should. parker is much maligned on here but i think he’s more consistent of the two
Our left hand side leaked 7 tries on Saturday so Parker must be the one to go

hear what you are saying but Jetski played centre heaps of times last year so I think there was an option to cover out wide...

put Funa in or leave him out imo, there is no use putting an outside back on your bench - I would have had Cust at hooker and Schuster/Croker on bench (actually I would have had Cust 9, Davey at 12, Schuster AND Cust on the bench with Jetski off fishing somewhere)...

but with Croker at 9 it had to be Cust/Shuster in the 14...
Mentioned it previously and have not seen any replays but Jet Ski was or seemed to be going O K in the first 20 or so until he got injured a bit .

We all know des will name the team 1-17 like last week.. you can bet your left one on it..

Will have the old 5 man extended bench BS and if ANY changes are to be made it won't happen until the hour before kickoff... Not sure why we bother looking at team lists until game day

Manly's woes are continuing, with the Sea Eagles in danger of losing two of their best young players in coming weeks.

Utility Cade Cust and fullback Morgan Harper - who many believe should have been selected last weekend - are being scouted by rival clubs.

While Manly were humbled in the top grade by the Roosters, Cust had a blinder at hooker in the NSW Cup, scoring three tries and producing three try assists.

The player Des Hasler chose ahead of him at hooker, Lachlan Croker, failed to make a single run in the entire game against the Roosters and missed a couple of vital tackles.

And Harper - who was expected to play fullback when Tommy Turbo fell in the shower - has told teammates he is considering asking for a release after also being overlooked for Dylan Walker, who struggled out of position at fullback.

There is intense pressure on Hasler to also call up boom youngster Josh Schuster, who was another standout for Manly's feeder team Blacktown as they demolished a strong North Sydney team 48-20 on Sunday.

Yep....read that article & quoted it in another thread. I have a feeling they won’t be the only ones with Schuster & Olakau’atu next....it’s sad when these guys are ignored & the likes of Garrick, Croker, Parker, Taufua (as much as he’s been great for the club), Gosiewski, Boyle are persisted with.

We all know des will name the team 1-17 like last week.. you can bet your left one on it..

Will have the old 5 man extended bench BS and if ANY changes are to be made it won't happen until the hour before kickoff... Not sure why we bother looking at team lists until game day
100%! I’m just living in hope that he changes it up a bit.

Mentioned it previously and have not seen any replays but Jet Ski was or seemed to be going O K in the first 20 or so until he got injured a bit .
He has decent moments but imo he is too mistake prone and does not offer anything in attack - when was the last time that you saw him create space for another player or get a fast play-the-ball? (personally I reckon it was when he was playing centre last year).

I just don't see whatever it is that Des sees....

Croker's repeated selection baffles me no end. He wouldn't make any other side in the NRL.
I refuse to believe that Cust wouldn't offer more than this guy.

I'd also move Walker back to the centres and maybe put Funa back there. Although when I think of him, the first word that comes to mind is "slow". He's just so effing slow. Hank Scorpio misses out for mine.

I'm bummed Gauc got injured. I rate him and think he offers more than Jetski (except for maybe his ability to play as a stop gap centre)

If Des picks the same team, this joint will go into meltdown....and you could hardly blame us. I'll be at Kogarah watching Sydney FC. At least they're a chance of winning. I can't watch another shellacking.
pretty much agree completely with this summation @simon64

A League

Maybe it’s time for me to find another winter sport to watch.

Brisbane Roar , do they go ok??

PS: know ZERO about soccer

Harper can go, as mentioned let go by the dogs, thrown a lifeline by a club in a mess, i seriously doubt any other club would even bother at a discount anyway, but cust on the other hand would be a loss, I also thought he recently signed and extension, but that doesn’t seem to mean much these days, he must be play this weekend at 9, even though I think he would be a better option at 7, i can’t understand Des‘s loyalty to croker, I don’t see his value to the side anywhere, cust offers the team way more.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8