Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
can’t argue with much of that.

question for you mate which centre makes way for walker?

for mind suli promises a lot but hasn’t delivered as much as he should. parker is much maligned on here but i think he’s more consistent of the two
I tend to agree re the centres.

manly al

First Grader
Cust was essentially a half back in the juniors and is still probably being viewed that way from some other clubs . Thought that he has bulked up a little bit and looks more solid on the field , always a good instinctive player with other good skills , Has to be rated ahead of Croker to start now surely . Didn "t he sign a two year extension with Manly last season for 2021- 2 . Harper seemed to go O K in the trial at one , but has "t really shown anything but just reasonable average type footy in the centres for quite some time now . Would be surprised if he would be in that much demand elsewhere , handy footy player and no doubt can still contribute to Manly "s campaign this season . Probably on a minimum wage , understandable if he may be looking for other opportunities but again ,apart from an apparent reasonable showing in the trials , has not shown a real lot in most of his last half dozen i st grade appearances or so or on the weekend .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’ll be media hype , picked up from none other than RIGHT HERE!!

This ( as @Dan well knows ) is the number one go to place for all journos , what we talk about , they talk about.

How many times have we mentioned ( and even done a poll on it) players moving on because they can’t get past Des’s “ brick wall “.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Seriously Harper talking about asking for a release??? Who does he think he is?? The bloody dogs didn’t even want him. I’m sure this is rubbish but if Harper wants to go he can f$&@ right off and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. He’s hardly a star just another manly fill in type player.

I agree with all this, however Garrick and Parker need to go. Neither should be playing first grade, both have been in the side for the entirety of this abysmal period.

They have had REALLY good run in first grade and failed to deliver. Time to move on. I can understand why players would feel this way when those two continue to be picked.

They might feel that if they can’t get a crack when we are being lapped, when will they?

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And we won’t know until 4.30pm ( stupid time ) on Saturday but I’ll almost guarantee Des has said to his team “ I’ll stick with you boys if you stick with me “, which means ( if fit ), 1–17 as per last Saturday.

You can bang on all week about who should be in , who should be out BUT it’s Des Hasler.

He’s your “ pick and stick” man.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
It’ll be media hype , picked up from none other than RIGHT HERE!!

This ( as @Dan well knows ) is the number one go to place for all journos , what we talk about , they talk about.

How many times have we mentioned ( and even done a poll on it) players moving on because they can’t get past Des’s “ brick wall “.
Agree. On another note, I don’t think I’ve looked forward to a team list Tuesday as much as today! This board could very well self destruct this arvo. Lol

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I would say there is some truth to it but I doubt round one is where that truth begins. Schuster knew he was going to be held back this season to build into foz's spot. Cust I really don't know why Des continues to hold him back. Every time he plays he impresses but I can only assume there is something in the video sessions or how he is putting in at training that is stopping him being brought up.

The other theory of course is that it is much better to bring a combo through together than to bring them in individually. Give them a few weeks in second tier comp to build a combo and then bring them through together

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
More BS, how was Schuster a stand out, I watched the game, and waited for him to get involved but apart from 1 pass where we scored, and kicking on the last he did nothing.
Two things that didn’t happen in first grade!

The Indian

Bencher
Hmm this is a sign of the times. Now we are in the media spot light the drums of doom will continue to beat in a continuous feedback loop. Once we win some games this crap will go away. For now I am going to bury my head in the sand until 5:30pm on Saturday.
Exactly. When there's blood in the water everything gets exaggerated... a story about Cade Cust and Morgan Harper leaving would get no airplay at all in normal circumstances.

Buckle up for the silly season come early. Boardroom unrest, player unrest, feuding players, captain on the outer. Any half baked theory will get a run.

Only going to get worse when we get lapped again this weekend too.

highlandeagle

Where eagles soar
Agree. On another note, I don’t think I’ve looked forward to a team list Tuesday as much as today! This board could very well self destruct this arvo. Lol
Be prepared then to be underwhelmed. After all it's Dorothy we are talking about. His pick and stick policy is the cause of the media interest.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I could understand as to why cust may feel this way.. he has been here a long time and has always performed well at thr top level.. also to be shunted for Croker is laughable. Id be pissed too. But for someone who has been here less than a year and has already had his fair share of games with us in the NRL since being here.. to kick up a stink after the first game of the year after doing nothing really promising in the trial to warrant a definite selection is just piss poor. Give him the release he wants where he can play NSW cup there too. Coz I can't see any team in the NRL where this guy walks straight into a starting spot. Later morgan
Its a Mole beatup

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Wet conditions were not that favorable for a lot of open footy borne out by most of the Black Town tries being either scored close range around the middle of the ruck or more constrained footy in general . Schuster still showed his class and with the state of the i st grade situation at present , should be in the game day i st grade squad somewhere . He is going to be of more value and learning there then being still held back at Black Town
Mainly because there is no superstar holding him out... Funa was on the f*cking bench last weekend - i mean wtf....?

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Nah... we've been down this road too many times before @Waz13...

the only meltdown will be if Des actually sacks players like Garrick, Croker and Jetski...

manly al

First Grader
Mainly because there is no superstar holding him out... Funa was on the f*cking bench last weekend - i mean wtf....?
Think that Funa was there to cover outside backs and full back . Just the make up of the side did make it a bit more difficult to include Schuster , if Walker went down for instance . Personally would have gone for Harper at the back and Walker in the centres with Suli and Schuster on the bench

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The article on Foxfilth is highly inaccurate as the players mentioned only 6 months ago signed new deals with the club.

My guess is both boys are highly likely to get a chance ASAP especially if the teams form stays like it is!

Shoe1

Journey Man
Surely it is BS that Harper is looking to get out. He has been here 5 minutes after we gave him a lifeline from the Dogs.

Also Cust who has been here forever and is likely to be in 1sts soon enough.

It is believable that their managers are shopping them around though, looking for an extra %.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16