Manly young guns eyeing releases

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
Manly's woes are continuing, with the Sea Eagles in danger of losing two of their best young players in coming weeks.

Utility Cade Cust and fullback Morgan Harper - who many believe should have been selected last weekend - are being scouted by rival clubs.

While Manly were humbled in the top grade by the Roosters, Cust had a blinder at hooker in the NSW Cup, scoring three tries and producing three try assists.

The player Des Hasler chose ahead of him at hooker, Lachlan Croker, failed to make a single run in the entire game against the Roosters and missed a couple of vital tackles.

And Harper - who was expected to play fullback when Tommy Turbo fell in the shower - has told teammates he is considering asking for a release after also being overlooked for Dylan Walker, who struggled out of position at fullback.

There is intense pressure on Hasler to also call up boom youngster Josh Schuster, who was another standout for Manly's feeder team Blacktown as they demolished a strong North Sydney team 48-20 on Sunday.

Manly's woes are continuing, with the Sea Eagles in danger of losing two of their best young players in coming weeks.

Utility Cade Cust and fullback Morgan Harper - who many believe should have been selected last weekend - are being scouted by rival clubs.

While Manly were humbled in the top grade by the Roosters, Cust had a blinder at hooker in the NSW Cup, scoring three tries and producing three try assists.

The player Des Hasler chose ahead of him at hooker, Lachlan Croker, failed to make a single run in the entire game against the Roosters and missed a couple of vital tackles.

And Harper - who was expected to play fullback when Tommy Turbo fell in the shower - has told teammates he is considering asking for a release after also being overlooked for Dylan Walker, who struggled out of position at fullback.

There is intense pressure on Hasler to also call up boom youngster Josh Schuster, who was another standout for Manly's feeder team Blacktown as they demolished a strong North Sydney team 48-20 on Sunday.

Let them go and give the extra cash to Des... we obviously don't need them anyway...

Hmm this is a sign of the times. Now we are in the media spot light the drums of doom will continue to beat in a continuous feedback loop. Once we win some games this crap will go away. For now I am going to bury my head in the sand until 5:30pm on Saturday.

cust is better than croker.

As for harper he has looked good but fact walker is a former origin player. if that’s true he’s asking for a release after being overlooked for round 1 you would have to question whether he’s the type of player you want at the club.

Imo he would probably be a better wing option than garrick

Just pick the right team Des!!!
Cust to hooker
Harper to fullback
Walker to centre
Schuster to bench
Funa to wing
can’t argue with much of that.

question for you mate which centre makes way for walker?

for mind suli promises a lot but hasn’t delivered as much as he should. parker is much maligned on here but i think he’s more consistent of the two

Just pick the right team Des!!!
Cust to hooker
Harper to fullback
Walker to centre
Schuster to bench
Funa to wing
Yep, he's going to lose even more support if he trots out Parker, Garrick, and Walker at FB again.

Walker is one of our strongest centres and we need to have our best players lining up in their favoured positions.

Which means Cust hooker, Walker at centre, Funa wing, Harper FB, and Schuster on the bench.

Harper seems like someone willing to fight hard for a first grade spot. Early release from Dogs contract and now allegedly wanting an early release from the contract he signed after getting an early release from his last contract.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that he is probably a better option than Walker at FB, but seriously he didn't set the world on fire for Blacktown this week, nor was his trial game at FB against the Tigers earth shattering. Look at Laurie in that same match, played really well and forced his way into the Tigers side.

Anyway probably just more media beat up stories, they aren't missing an opportunity to sink the slipper in while we are down.

Harper seems like someone willing to fight hard for a first grade spot. Early release from Dogs contract and now allegedly wanting an early release from the contract he signed after getting an early release from his last contract.

I don't disagree with the sentiment that he is probably a better option than Walker at FB, but seriously he didn't set the world on fire for Blacktown this week, nor was his trial game at FB against the Tigers earth shattering. Look at Laurie in that same match, played really well and forced his way into the Tigers side.

Anyway probably just more media beat up stories, they aren't missing an opportunity to sink the slipper in while we are down.
While I agree, it will be impossible for me to accept Garrick and Parker being named this week.

Wet conditions were not that favorable for a lot of open footy borne out by most of the Black Town tries being either scored close range around the middle of the ruck or more constrained footy in general . Schuster still showed his class and with the state of the i st grade situation at present , should be in the game day i st grade squad somewhere . He is going to be of more value and learning there then being still held back at Black Town

I could understand as to why cust may feel this way.. he has been here a long time and has always performed well at thr top level.. also to be shunted for Croker is laughable. Id be pissed too. But for someone who has been here less than a year and has already had his fair share of games with us in the NRL since being here.. to kick up a stink after the first game of the year after doing nothing really promising in the trial to warrant a definite selection is just piss poor. Give him the release he wants where he can play NSW cup there too. Coz I can't see any team in the NRL where this guy walks straight into a starting spot. Later morgan

cust is better than croker.

As for harper he has looked good but fact walker is a former origin player. if that’s true he’s asking for a release after being overlooked for round 1 you would have to question whether he’s the type of player you want at the club.

Imo he would probably be a better wing option than garrick
Seriously Harper talking about asking for a release??? Who does he think he is?? The bloody dogs didn’t even want him. I’m sure this is rubbish but if Harper wants to go he can f$&@ right off and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. He’s hardly a star just another manly fill in type player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6