Manly vs Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The more the carry on from last Friday continues I'm really starting to believe we'll be stitched up by the refs this time. Ceccined to the max. I hope I'm wrong and that the game really is more professional than that.
When the storm played the bunnies they got about 6 penalities early in the match which pretty much put the bunnies away.
I'm sensing an uneven playing field through no fault of Manly's.
Manly's crime - winning last Friday.
Please prove me wrong NRL.

Doubtful that Chambers will play. Whereas I read that Quinn is expected to overcome his injury. I think that means O'Neill into the centres.

niccipops said:
The more the carry on from last Friday continues I'm really starting to believe we'll be stitched up by the refs this time. Ceccined to the max. I hope I'm wrong and that the game really is more professional than that.
When the storm played the bunnies they got about 6 penalities early in the match which pretty much put the bunnies away.

I can only see one thing really storm 13+ on Friday- refs to have a field day against us.

I said it right after last weeks game & I am sticking by it. Will be close at half time until we get blown off the park in the second forty.

Score Storm 28
Manly 8

davohan123 said:
niccipops said:

I can only see one thing really storm 13+ on Friday- refs to have a field day against us.

I said it right after last weeks game & I am sticking by it. Will be close at half time until we get blown off the park in the second forty.

Score Storm 28
Manly 8

I hope you're as wrong as me.

globaleagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
We have done well to get to the penultimate match with almost our first choice squad available, aside from a wing and a replacement back. No excuses will be offered.

And I doubt they'll be called for, as I am very confident we will put the Storm away. Storm are drilled with military precision, but our team is more resourceful and adaptable. Toovey has had all year to prepare for this encounter, can't wait to see what he's come up with.

Precision all right.

As soon as they get tackled they drop to their knees to get a quick play the ball, and

When tackling they seamlessly get opposition players onto their backs.

I think bellyache fines them $1000 if they get turned on their own backs as they fight it like it's their last day.

Tooves and the boys will be planning away for sure!

Yeah, the Storms mastery of the ruck contest is really the reason why Bellamy has had such success as a coach and why the Storm have been able to operate around 3 key players. I'm worried that due to all the bull**** being spun around Manly and the refs that the ruck is going to be policed very lightly and that all the discretionary ref decision will go the Storms way. I'm worried about this game. I think the previous semi in 2009 when we got flogged down there is in the back of my mind.

niccipops said:

Yep. The discretionary calls are where its done. It used to be the scrum penalty. Nowadays its the holding down in the play the ball . Rubbish refs like Chechin are absolutely trigger happy in this area. The storm will wrestle the crap out of manly and then expect a quick fire play the ball when in possession. If we don't control them in this area they'll win.

Run your line through the rosters and we are superior. Another poster ran a line through who the Storm had played over the last couple of months, and they weren't that special. I can see a battle hardened Manly outfit giving it to those Mexicans. Matai is fresh and our backline is firing. Add the fact that when the Stewart brothers play, our winning percentage soars. The forwards are raring to go, Choc is in fine form and how are we going to get beat? By the 'big three'? Hardly. The Cows game played us into form and our ruck defense is more than capable. On the refs, they will be sticklers for both sides. They can't afford another week of ****e.

DSM5 said:
Run your line through the rosters and we are superior. Another poster ran a line through who the Storm had played over the last couple of months, and they weren't that special. I can see a battle hardened Manly outfit giving it to those Mexicans. Matai is fresh and our backline is firing. Add the fact that when the Stewart brothers play, our winning percentage soars. The forwards are raring to go, Choc is in fine form and how are we going to get beat? By the 'big three'? Hardly. The Cows game played us into form and our ruck defense is more than capable. On the refs, they will be sticklers for both sides. They can't afford another week of ****e.

I like it when someone comes on here and makes sense. Nice work.

niccipops said:

Refs will be in hiding this week . I hope they just let the game flo with a very low penalty count .

Our emotions got the better of us when we played them at Brookie this year. Our emotions got the better of us in the Dogs final this year. Keep a lid on your emotions and play to your ability boys. We are unstoppable if you do!

I don't see why we are such outsiders. This Storm team is weaker than most of the others of recent years. How many times have we seen Storm lose 5 in a row? This lot did. Slater has been injured and is having his worst year for ages. Jaiman Lowe? Ryles? Norrie? Please…

Our form is on the up. Manly by at least 10.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I don't see why we are such outsiders. This Storm team is weaker than most of the others of recent years. How many times have we seen Storm lose 5 in a row? This lot did. Slater has been injured and is having his worst year for ages. Jaiman Lowe? Ryles? Norrie? Please…

Our form is on the up. Manly by at least 10.

Of the nine times we have played them in Melbourne we have won only twice. That is why they are favorites. I don't want to be negative but i don't know how we are going to win this game, we need to get our timing right in attack and no miracle balls when we make a break!!!

niccipops said:

I don't think so. The Grand Final is still up for grabs which is the holy grail for refs so they won't want any controversy. Cecchin got to number 1 last year in harrigans eyes which lead to him refereeing the grand final and going to the world cup. He then got his first origin this season and it all went pear shaped from there. He went from golden boy to facing the axe only a couple of months ago and suddenly he is now one game away from doing a Steven Bradbury and pirouetting his way into back to back grand finals. All he needs to do is avoid any clangers so I think he'll be putting the whistle away.

Manly v Cecchin -
Matches - 15
Won - 7
Lost - 8
(46% win loss ratio compared to our overall avg of 56%)
Penalties for - 45
Penalties against- 44

Melbourne v Cecchin
Matches - 19
Won - 11
Drawn - 1
Lost - 7
(60.4% win loss ratio compared to overall avg of 63%)
Penalties for - 56
Penalties against- 70

The issue we may face is that he is influenced by crowds and does favour home teams

Refs will kill us to show the nrl world they are not being paid by manly after the cowboys game.

Bellamy will pick up on this and they will be back 5m on every play and hold us down for as long as they want and probably get away with it all.

Christol74 said:
niccipops said:

I don't think so. The Grand Final is still up for grabs which is the holy grail for refs so they won't want any controversy. Cecchin got to number 1 last year in harrigans eyes which lead to him refereeing the grand final and going to the world cup. He then got his first origin this season and it all went pear shaped from there. He went from golden boy to facing the axe only a couple of months ago and suddenly he is now one game away from doing a Steven Bradbury and pirouetting his way into back to back grand finals. All he needs to do is avoid any clangers so I think he'll be putting the whistle away.

Manly v Cecchin -
Matches - 15
Won - 7
Lost - 8
Penalties for - 45
Penalties against- 44

Melbourne v Cecchin
Matches - 19
Won - 11
Drawn - 1
Lost - 7
Penalties for - 56
Penalties against- 70

The issue we may face is that he is influenced by crowds and does favour home teams

thats the stat that stood out for me

Christol74 said:
Manly v Cecchin -
Matches - 15
Won - 7
Lost - 8
Penalties for - 45
Penalties against- 44

Melbourne v Cecchin
Matches - 19
Won - 11
Drawn - 1
Lost - 7
Penalties for - 56
Penalties against- 70

Stats are good (sometimes) except that it's been the video refs deciding games, not the on field refs.

Maybe I'm a bad judge, but outside of the so called big 3 I'm not seeing many scary players in that Melbourne side.

No, but the problem is that they play as a team. Very hard to beat, but our team can do it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2