Manly vs Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
Well the time has come to take on our old foes once again. I think we will need to improve again to beat the Scum in Melbourne, They will be fresh after having the week off but we will have a close to full strength side barring any injuries at training. Im not confident at all but i am damb hopeful of a good win. Go Manly!!!

Strangely I feel confident for no particular reason. Didn't feel this way either of the last two Fridays.

One thing in our favour imo -

The Storm's game against Souths last week was hardly an adequate hit out for them. It was a stroll in the park for the Storm. Souths put up little fight and did not test them. Not the kind of tough game they would have hoped for leading into a game with Manly. This i believe will work in our favour. Hopefully the boys catch them 'off guard' a bit and they cant go with us..

They'll take some confidence after beating us at Brooky earlier in the year, Cam Smith had them huddled in our northern in-goal after the game harping on them, probably to remember the win later in the season.
This is a totally different situation and we are now at near full strength. We should beat them in a close and tough one down there!

Old foes, forced to do battle nothing new here. The week off in the finals has stuffed some teams in the past who have had good form. Also, i think the game against the Cowboys could only have helped the eagles.

Yet another Friday night...
Back on the road, the players won't be phased by this, after their late season success far from home. This match should be the ideal tune-up for the big one.

We had Matai and T-Rex missing last time we played and Gift was injured early in the match. We're a good chance to beat them this time.

If we win this one we will have earnt it. Obviously hope we turn up with our A+ game and put them to bed down there in their artificial league 'home'. But also because I think we are the only team left that can beat the dogs.

The Team bonded on that WCC trip and each subsequent flight.

Manly has won every game this year that they had to fly to:exclamation:
Auckland,Brisbane,Perth,Townsville,Gold Coast and now Melbourne.

They fly in on their Eagle Wings and bring back the points each mission :)

Manly, tear the Scum up the middle and they fall like bowling pins:idea:

Wonder if they use the oxygen therapy that the AFL Team does?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Pretty sure I am right that Manly has never lost a Prelim final

Not since 1975.

All good for a win for the Boys.
But they just need to all come off the field uninjured and unjudged:cool:

The other stat I love that since 1972, only us (72,76,96,08) Dogs (80,84,88,04) and Broncs (92,00) have won the comp on Olympic year

bob dylan said:
Strangely I feel confident for no particular reason. Didn't feel this way either of the last two Fridays.

Exactly. I feel exactly the same way BD.
And, as much as I want to see the back of them, I hope we play the Bulldogs the following week.

That would be massive.

Imagine that, knocking off the two teams we hate the most in consecutive weeks to go B2B.
That would be sweet!

Clint said:
Imagine that, knocking off the two teams we hate the most in consecutive weeks to go B2B.
That would be sweet!
Yes, in fact the celebration afterwards for both players & fans would make up for the fact our celebrations last year were 'interrupted'. One thing is certain, our blokes aren't lacking any motivation.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Clint said:
That would be sweet!
Yes, in fact the celebration afterwards for both players & fans would make up for the fact our celebrations last year were 'interrupted'. One thing is certain, our blokes aren't lacking any motivation.
Now that would be the sweetest thing of all, being able to celebrate a B2B premiership without any dramas and being able to boast beating the Scum and the Poodles to do it. Im nursing a semi just thinking about it lol

The key thing with Melbourne is not letting them wrestle you out of it. Souths really couldn't get any momentum up when they played them, such is the extent to which they have mastered the wrestle. Have a look at last night raiders souths game to see the difference a quick play the ball makes in a game. Unlike the quagmire they found themselves in with the Storm Souths made massive yards through the ruck.

In Manly's favour, a team like Souths who have good structures but second rate backs (with the exception of Inglis) and very little flair are going to suffer mightily if they are slowed down at the play the ball. Manly on the other hand have a lot of attacking options wide of the ruck.

If they come with their A game Manly will win this. I think that following their exit in the corresponding game last year Melbourne are going to be extremely nervous.

torana355 said:
premiership without any dramas and being able to boast beating the Scum and the Poodles to do it. Im nursing a semi just thinking about it lol

Do you intend to nurse that semi for another two weeks? Try to save some blood flow for brain and respiratory functions. Don't want you unable to post:)

On the Sunday Footy Show, all four 'experts' picked Manly and Dogs (Sterlo, Fitler, Johns & Lockyer). It would be nice if they were right at least once, wouldn't it?

Ron E. Gibbs said:
torana355 said:
premiership without any dramas and being able to boast beating the Scum and the Poodles to do it. Im nursing a semi just thinking about it lol

Do you intend to nurse that semi for another two weeks? Try to save some blood flow for brain and respiratory functions. Don't want you unable to post:)

Anyone not nursing a semi at this time of year is not a "true supporter". I'd expect female supporters to be in a state of constant dampness also.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6