Manly v Warriors Round 17 (Pre-Game Day Discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We built up GF like for the Gummies. I'm expecting a let down performance here. We can't be always peaking and especially at this time of year. Warriors by 10. Foz to be M.O.M

Lol, ok then, give me 9 1/2 start, and I'll give you 2 to 1 for a pineapple?

Lol, ok then, give me 9 1/2 start, and I'll give you 2 to 1 for a pineapple?

Nooooooooooooooooooo Mick's role on here is to state each week that we are going to get thumped.....thereby ensuring we have a win!

It's almost as iconic as our 'yarts.'

No scaring him off!

lol

BJ's speed would work well in the back row. His complete lack of a passing game unless its an offload means he should stay at prop. Besides that, can you really see him being an 80 minute back rower? He has trained for 20-30 minute bursts, not constantly running back and forth while occasionally tackling and running the ball for the full 80.

I'm not Brown's biggest fan but I do think this is probably the safest choice for Barrett and the side. He would know the team structures inside out (he should, he hasn't missed a game since he came here) and would have trained mostly as a back rower which is arguably his primary position. The fact that he can fill in at dummy half and centre has just meant he has become the teams utility player. While I don't think he's as good as Sirro has proven to be, remember that he did play a Grand Final against Manly in the back row and has played a number of tests for NZ in the position.

yes you are right on there HV8

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/51b1f11db1ddd0c8a4dfebd92a29fef5

How coffee has given the Sea Eagles more beans this season
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
June 29, 2017 5:10pm

THE Sea Eagles have revealed two of the secrets as to why the team has been full of beans on the field this seasons- coffee and golf.

The combination of getting together for a round or chatting over a cappuccino has helped the players bond and become the tight group who are currently sitting in the top four on the NRL ladder.

“At the start of pre-season that was our main thing we all wanted to be mates off the field before we are mates on the field,” said prop Addin Fonua-Blake.

“When you have a friend you want to work hard for your friends and not let them down and that is our mentality at the moment.”

He said wanted to turn things around from last year and that was the main thing that everyone agreed needed to happen.

“We had a lot of team bonding sessions and it is starting to work out,” Fonua — Blake said.

Asked what some of that involved, Fonua-Blake replied a lot of coffees and golf.

And his words were backed up by centre Dylan Walker.

“Everyone here is really close together and it can be the little things of going out to golf or coffee or brekkie,” he said.

He said halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Blake Green are good at organising the coffee breaks.

The Sea Eagles flew to Perth yesterday ahead of tomorrow’s game against the Warriors- with a 5.30pm kick off-, where they will look to remain up with the competition leaders.

Fonua- Blake said the players knew a spot in the top four was possible..

“But we just had to work hard to get there,” he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...n/news-story/51b1f11db1ddd0c8a4dfebd92a29fef5

How coffee has given the Sea Eagles more beans this season
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
June 29, 2017 5:10pm

THE Sea Eagles have revealed two of the secrets as to why the team has been full of beans on the field this seasons- coffee and golf.

The combination of getting together for a round or chatting over a cappuccino has helped the players bond and become the tight group who are currently sitting in the top four on the NRL ladder.

“At the start of pre-season that was our main thing we all wanted to be mates off the field before we are mates on the field,” said prop Addin Fonua-Blake.

“When you have a friend you want to work hard for your friends and not let them down and that is our mentality at the moment.”

He said wanted to turn things around from last year and that was the main thing that everyone agreed needed to happen.

“We had a lot of team bonding sessions and it is starting to work out,” Fonua — Blake said.

Asked what some of that involved, Fonua-Blake replied a lot of coffees and golf.

And his words were backed up by centre Dylan Walker.

“Everyone here is really close together and it can be the little things of going out to golf or coffee or brekkie,” he said.

He said halves Daly Cherry-Evans and Blake Green are good at organising the coffee breaks.

The Sea Eagles flew to Perth yesterday ahead of tomorrow’s game against the Warriors- with a 5.30pm kick off-, where they will look to remain up with the competition leaders.

Fonua- Blake said the players knew a spot in the top four was possible..

“But we just had to work hard to get there,” he said.

Cappuccinos????

Pffft, real men drink Fanta!

Though it's working, so keep it up guys. Are there any footballers that don't/can't play golf?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8