Manly v Warriors Round 17 (Pre-Game Day Discussion)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Important game this one. We have panthers following week at Penrith - never easy. And a few sides around us have byes that weekend. Lose two on the trot and we are back in the mire. Always hard getting up again after the big buildup to the Sharks game. Plus all the favorable press this week. Danger signs for mine.

And if you have a look at the teams around us they have pretty easy draws coming up...we lose a few on the trot we are suddenly fighting for to stay in the 8.

Danger game indeed this one.

There has been a Manly love-fest all week. Barrett, DCE, everyone, I can't recall anything like it. It's a fest all right, a huge fest.
giphy.gif

For clarification do you disagree with Brown being in the starting side, if so your nuts, or the fact I'm suggesting that Tapou goes to the 2nd row. On this point I totally accept that he has played insanely great at prop, so then I would say - wouldn't Lussick be better value in the 2nd row. What I'm saying is Brown better turn up or his career at Manly is over.

I'd rather see BJ in the second row ... his speed out wide could create a few problems for the Once Weres ... but Darcy is pretty quick too

BJ's speed would work well in the back row. His complete lack of a passing game unless its an offload means he should stay at prop. Besides that, can you really see him being an 80 minute back rower? He has trained for 20-30 minute bursts, not constantly running back and forth while occasionally tackling and running the ball for the full 80.

I'm not Brown's biggest fan but I do think this is probably the safest choice for Barrett and the side. He would know the team structures inside out (he should, he hasn't missed a game since he came here) and would have trained mostly as a back rower which is arguably his primary position. The fact that he can fill in at dummy half and centre has just meant he has become the teams utility player. While I don't think he's as good as Sirro has proven to be, remember that he did play a Grand Final against Manly in the back row and has played a number of tests for NZ in the position.

I don't understand that selection. Surely Hastings should be there.
And look for Hoffman to have a day out against his opposite poo.
Yeah who knows why Hastings has not been given the nod. I just hope Baz has a plan for him. I really think he will be one of the best halves in the comp in a few years based off the wraps he had as a young fella and some of stuff he produced at the chooks. Green has 18 months left IMO and then we need to look to the future

This positivity reminds me of when we went in against the dragons and simply didnt show up. The warriors played decent last week. Ran really hard and played tough. I think we need to show up this week in a big way to get the W. A lot of discussion re Brown. I think he has been given a hard go by most. For mine, he always has a go and isnt afraid to get involved. I think he's more solid than Frankenstein who has totally gone missing last few rounds. Frankenstein has more potential to get over the line, don't get me wrong, but he rarely goes looking for the ball. Could be Baz's instructions to tackle more (would need to see his defensive stats) but im pretty sure he's averaging 80m or less per game. Myles was getting over the 100m mark by comparison! I think we are a rep second rower away from a title. We should offer Luke Lewis a 18month contract to be released before June 30...

This positivity reminds me of when we went in against the dragons and simply didnt show up. The warriors played decent last week. Ran really hard and played tough. I think we need to show up this week in a big way to get the W. A lot of discussion re Brown. I think he has been given a hard go by most. For mine, he always has a go and isnt afraid to get involved. I think he's more solid than Frankenstein who has totally gone missing last few rounds. Frankenstein has more potential to get over the line, don't get me wrong, but he rarely goes looking for the ball. Could be Baz's instructions to tackle more (would need to see his defensive stats) but im pretty sure he's averaging 80m or less per game. Myles was getting over the 100m mark by comparison! I think we are a rep second rower away from a title. We should offer Luke Lewis a 18month contract to be released before June 30...

I think with Brown the issue is the 80% of stuff he does that's Ok, seldom great; and then there are those 20% of brain snaps which usually involve a penalty 5 mtrs out from goal and / or have on occasion lost us momentum and games. I would think most on the site would rather have a blind girl guide (not to insult them) playing in his spot instead. What I'm saying there has to be other options given the depth we have.

I would think Brown this season has been the only one in our side that you have screamed at the TV or from the hill - WTF are you doing!

Brown having a starting spot, especially against his Kiwi mates, should focus him :nod:

Manly have finally started to back themselves so I don't fear them 'not turning up'. :shake:

At the Drags game they still felt 'lucky' to have won previous games.
Now they have the trust in each other and expect to win, no matter where they are on the scoreboard.
Great to watch them solidify into a winning unit :clap:

Remarkable to watch history repeat itself in just 10 years. Rag Tag Team of raw talent and reserve grade rejects from other Teams :inlove:

#Manly2017

Remarkable to watch history repeat itself in just 10 years. Rag Tag Team of raw talent and reserve grade rejects from other Teams :inlove:

#Manly2017

When we went though our 2 year slump i had my Panther supporting mates giving me stick, they laughed when i told them Manly would win another premiership before the Panthers would get another one. Manly has a winning culture, we can never be held down for too long.

BJ's speed would work well in the back row. His complete lack of a passing game unless its an offload means he should stay at prop. Besides that, can you really see him being an 80 minute back rower? He has trained for 20-30 minute bursts, not constantly running back and forth while occasionally tackling and running the ball for the full 80.

I'm not Brown's biggest fan but I do think this is probably the safest choice for Barrett and the side. He would know the team structures inside out (he should, he hasn't missed a game since he came here) and would have trained mostly as a back rower which is arguably his primary position. The fact that he can fill in at dummy half and centre has just meant he has become the teams utility player. While I don't think he's as good as Sirro has proven to be, remember that he did play a Grand Final against Manly in the back row and has played a number of tests for NZ in the position.
Yes, although Brown could stay on the bench so BJ doesn't need to play the 80. Agree Brown safest choice, not a bad choice considering.

http://m.nrl.com/warriors-wait-on-foran/tabid/10874/newsid/109392/default.aspx

As Kieran Foran battles to overcome a quad injury which kept him out of last week's victory over the Canterbury Bulldogs, Ata Hingano is ready to assume the five-eighth role if needed this Saturday night against the Manly Sea Eagles.

Foran remains questionable for the trip to Perth, still nursing the injury he sustained in the second half of the Warriors' Round 14 clash with the Gold Coast Titans, with coach Stephen Kearney including Hingano on the bench as cover at this stage.

With veteran hooker Issac Luke (shoulder) already a confirmed out, it's likely Hingano will feature in the final 17 as the back-up rake even if Foran does play, and the 20-year-old told NRL.com that he will be ready to start if required.

The Warriors have never won in Perth, with a 0-8 record over there.

100% chance of rain in Perth on Saturday. (Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm and small hail in the afternoon and evening. Winds westerly 15 to 25 km/h turning south to southwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the day.)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8