Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 17, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HappilyManly

Journey Man
But.... July the 1st is Canada day. :(

And it's our 150th anniversary!
Happy Canada Day :party:

giphy.gif

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Cullen and Jono Wright were dropped yesterday

Just click on the PLAYER STATISTICS list EXPAND - it has the current Team
Yes I see that.
I just saying that he is a very good prospect and deserves playing time but with DCE. Green, Api, Hastings all going well it's unfortunate for him.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Yes I see that.
I just saying that he is a very good prospect and deserves playing time but with DCE. Green, Api, Hastings all going well it's unfortunate for him.
Api will need a rest soon, so Cullen may get a gig against the Tigers or Knights.

Scumos rotate their main players and it allows their Top 25 to all get NRL experience. Plus helps the Top 13 to refresh @:cool:

HappilyManly

Journey Man
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/225939cad55f0d12f330f5b4777de2b2

Manly prop Martin Taupau hails the 2017 Sea Eagles the closest team he has played in
MATT LOGUE, The Daily Telegraph
June 30, 2017 6:07pm

FROM coffee club to cards and ping pong — the new social era at the Sea Eagles is in full swing.

For many years, Manly’s culture centred on the club’s high-profile stars likes Brett Stewart, Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon.

This changed over the summer when Lyon retired and Stewart and Matai followed soon afterwards.

The trio’s departure sparked mass change at Brookvale, ultimately paving the way for a new generation of Sea Eagles to make their own mark.

Inspired by coach Trent Barrett and pushed through captain Daly Cherry-Evans, the 2017 Sea Eagles regularly hang out off the field.

They insist they are now closer as a team than ever before.

Prop Martin Taupau believes he has never been part of a tighter team during his seven years in the NRL.

“We always get together for a coffee or a game of golf — it has been great,” Taupau told The Saturday Telegraph.

“There are no particular groups and everyone is just all-in, so it’s really good.

“We all take it upon ourselves to get everyone involved.

“We also go into camp, even before our home games.

“We do anything and everything — ping pong, card games.

“He (Trent) doesn’t really impose that we have to, but we choose to.

“We’ve all taken it on board, we love each other’s company and it is all translating to the field.”

Reliable lock Jake Trbojevic has also noticed a significant difference with the club’s social scene this season.

“Everyone always hangs out and we go to the coffee shop a fair bit,” Trbojevic said.

“We are a pretty close bunch. It’s good, because everyone really enjoys each other’s company on and off the field.

“I think that makes you enjoy your footy a bit more.”

Manly’s mateship is certainly showing on the field this season.

Heading into Saturday’s clash against the Warriors in Perth, the Sea Eagles are sitting in fourth position.

It’s an unlikely surge that has shocked many tipsters, but not the Manly players, according to Taupau.

“You’d be surprise hey and there are still doubters out there,” he said.

“But we continue to speak through our football.

“It’s just newspaper wrap for us. We take it in one ear and it goes out the other.

“Everyone is a tight unit and we stick together.”

As for beating coach Barrett in the team’s annual ping pong battles, Taupau emphatically replied: “Nah, I’ve got him covered.”

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/225939cad55f0d12f330f5b4777de2b2

Manly prop Martin Taupau hails the 2017 Sea Eagles the closest team he has played in

FROM coffee club to cards and ping pong — the new social era at the Sea Eagles is in full swing.

For many years, Manly’s culture centred on the club’s high-profile stars likes Brett Stewart, Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon.

This changed over the summer when Lyon retired and Stewart and Matai followed soon afterwards.

The trio’s departure sparked mass change at Brookvale, ultimately paving the way for a new generation of Sea Eagles to make their own mark.

Inspired by coach Trent Barrett and pushed through captain Daly Cherry-Evans, the 2017 Sea Eagles regularly hang out off the field.

Prop Martin Taupau believes he has never been part of a tighter team during his seven years in the NRL.

“We always get together for a coffee or a game of golf — it has been great,” Taupau told The Saturday Telegraph.

“There are no particular groups and everyone is just all-in, so it’s really good.

“We’ve all taken it on board, we love each other’s company and it is all translating to the field.”

Reliable lock Jake Trbojevic has also noticed a significant difference with the club’s social scene this season.

“Everyone always hangs out and we go to the coffee shop a fair bit,” Trbojevic said.

“We are a pretty close bunch. It’s good, because everyone really enjoys each other’s company on and off the field.

Heading into Saturday’s clash against the Warriors in Perth, the Sea Eagles are sitting in fourth position.

It’s an unlikely surge that has shocked many tipsters, but not the Manly players, according to Taupau.

“It’s just newspaper wrap for us. We take it in one ear and it goes out the other.

As for beating coach Barrett in the team’s annual ping pong battles, Taupau emphatically replied: “Nah, I’ve got him covered.”
***********ONE FOR ALL**************
**************AND******************
***********ALL FOR ONE !!!************
article-0-0B54626F00000578-614_964x580.jpg

Last edited:

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
"Our" !!, Have you taken the citizenship GE ?

Classified!

"No taxation without representation!!!!!!"

thankfully the liberals have just removed most of the conservatives 'new rules' regarding citizenship.

Back to usual programming.

Go Manly!

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member

And this is why, feathered friends, I believe that some less popular players (with the Silvertails selection committee) are not dropped regularly as requested.
To quote that league tragic from the 4th century BC, Aristotle: "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts."

A side note*: Ancient League (and Ancient Greece) was thriving in the 4th Century BC until they decided to move the games away from their boutique community fields. They brought the Romans in to advise on a colosseum strategy and the rest is, well, history.;)

*side note may contain factual inaccuracies.

damiennp90

Bencher
Also does anyone know what's happening with the Warriors u20 side.

They are dead last by a mile and usually come top first every year.

Is it because it's dead next year ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16