Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very weak attempt at it !!

I’m no @Technical Coach , in fact I’m next to useless at any technical side of the game , statistics etc etc.

My “ KISS” theory is just trying to regain confidence with doing all the basic stuff and hopefully by doing that you build confidence.

The season is shot to bits already now it’s simply about pride.
There were some encouraging signs against Melb in terms of movement off the ball and line speed, it was just way too many ill discipline areas in our game that prevented Manly from building pressure, field position and momentum, Melb showed fragility and a lack of confidence. Last weeks game could easily have been much closer.

Going through our list of players many have underlying softness and fragility in terms of strong mental character under pressure who crack easily, not enough confident arrogance combined with technically correct and composed players in our squad.

Schuster adds that confident arrogant swagger we need,(but i want it in the backrow) same with Walker and Tom, Foran adds that technically correct composed element with leadership qualities who has good technique and structure that holds up under pressure.

Losing Foran and Walker will be a big loss hopefully there are players coming through to add and inject a new layer of confidence into the squad, if not worrying times ahead.

This talk about improving our defence means nothing if we give away field position and momentum way too easily, Manly look better in defence when our attack and go forward has the potential to reward the defensive effort, right now it doesn't.

If Manly can replicate the good things on display against Melb in a more disciplined manner i feel we can have a comfortable victory tonight, depends if there is enough care in the year now to apply the effort that is required though.

If the squad really has character i feel there is a few good wins in store for the back end of the year and they might surprise themselves.

The expectations are less now so the pressure is off----some of the softer more fragile players might flourish under that environment and get on a roll.

Feeling right now before our game

Biting Nails Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

There were some encouraging signs against Melb in terms of movement off the ball and line speed, it was just way too many ill discipline areas in our game that prevented Manly from building pressure, field position and momentum, Melb showed fragility and a lack of confidence. Last weeks game could easily have been much closer.

Going through our list of players many have underlying softness and fragility in terms of strong mental character under pressure who crack easily, not enough confident arrogance combined with technically correct and composed players in our squad.

Schuster adds that confident arrogant swagger we need,(but i want it in the backrow) same with Walker and Tom, Foran adds that technically correct composed element with leadership qualities who has good technique and structure that holds up under pressure.

Losing Foran and Walker will be a big loss hopefully there are players coming through to add and inject a new layer of confidence into the squad, if not worrying times ahead.

This talk about improving our defence means nothing if we give away field position and momentum way too easily, Manly look better in defence when our attack and go forward has the potential to reward the defensive effort, right now it doesn't.

If Manly can replicate the good things on display against Melb in a more disciplined manner i feel we can have a comfortable victory tonight, depends if there is enough care in the year now to apply the effort that is required though.

If the squad really has character i feel there is a few good wins in store for the back end of the year and they might surprise themselves.

The expectations are less now so the pressure is off----some of the softer more fragile players might flourish under that environment and get on a roll.
This is a good assessment. Effort and intensity defensively were there. Way too many leg ups and Ill discipline though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8