Pre-Game Manly v Warriors [Round 13, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 12
4 Pines Park
04 Jun 2022 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a huge DCE basher but geez some of his reads in defence are shocking...have been for quite some time too. He puts his body on the line when making contact but his reads are far too passive...

He likes to give the opposition time and they just pick him off. He needs to make a definitive decision early and trust in it. All this holding, just puts everyone else under pressure. He holds on lead runners week after week after week.
Been saying the same for a while now. He's such a liability in defence and attack. Whoever made the decision to EXTEND his deal further needs sacking.

I wouldn't be to confident with a win as I've noted that Grant Atkins is the referee.
It's a good thing we're not playing Parramatta.
True. Just Lawton's luck...cops Atkins to welcome him back from suspension. Wonder how that'll go...

Hope that Saab can get some better attacking opportunities on his side also , shouldn "t take too much more to be able to replicate his 2021 form . Sure that he can improve his hit up technique as well over time , similar built wingers in the N R L have previously but that genuine pace still has to be his biggest asset . Not too sure of the wisdom of persevering with Walker if he is carrying a problem injury , better off getting him right , especially in very winnable games in the next 2 weeks and then a bye soon ? Guess that the positive thing is the side is capable of playing good footy , just seem to have to get the basics right and go on from there . Same with the intensity level and not being on the back foot so much with limited possession . A solid forward line up but would prefer to have Paseka there also , good set up halves , good speed out wider and with Garrick at the back , really should be able to get this one

Not too sure of the wisdom of persevering with Walker if he is carrying a problem injury , better off getting him right , especially in very winnable games in the next 2 weeks and then a bye soon ?
Similarly, I'm surprised every week when Des picks the clearly injured Walker. I've come to the conclusion that the fact that he's leaving at year's end means Des is happy to run him into the ground.

Similarly, I'm surprised every week when Des picks the clearly injured Walker. I've come to the conclusion that the fact that he's leaving at year's end means Des is happy to run him into the ground.
Only limited value to the side partially fit and just hindering a better recovery for him . Sure that Manly will still have to work hard to win their next couple of matches but not top tier sides so surely as good a time as any to get Walker right and obviously more effective then

The Des/Donny approach in general has always been run them into the ground.

Just this year aside from Walker we've had Marty and Harper getting picked when they fairly clearly weren't right. Turbo also? Last year Siro and Jetski sent out busted and quickly became completely busted.

The players are on big salaries so fair enough if they can actually help the team by hobbling around on field then sure, put up with the pain and discomfort you soft bastards. But does it help the team? Does it increase the likelihood of worstening the injury? Judgment calls in each case, hopefully with medical advice to the forefront.

I think we are screwed , he’s got a real Vendetta against us.

The whole NRL world has always despised us and had a Vandetta against us

But that did not stop us from winning premierships when were great

When we were great we were resilient and did not cave in to adversity

When we were great no one could stop us

When we were great we conquered the NRL World !

Time to pull our finger out and live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of Greatness
1654222440949.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10